Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

OwlFancier posted:

Do we not have our own bits of the true cross? Surely any self respecting monarchy should have one?

Destroyed by Cromwell, I suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Pretty embarrassing for the head of the CoE to have to use a Catholic bit of cross.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Did people notice that the Pope had given GB/Charles (who knows which) a relic of the True Cross* that will be carried in the Coronation procession?

*aka some piece of wood no earlier than the medieval period

You're all going to be force-Cath'ed at the moment of coronation, prepare your bodies

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Destroyed by Cromwell, I suspect.

If your monarchy does not have enough bits of the true cross squirreled away to build a copy of the hms victory then I do not think it is legitimate.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Do we not have our own bits of the true cross? Surely any self respecting monarchy should have one?

Pretty sure they have an original cricket bat that W.G. Grace used to spank Queen Victoria with... close enough. :colbert:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Failed Imagineer posted:

You're all going to be force-Cath'ed at the moment of coronation, prepare your bodies

Chucks going to recite the Quaran and convert every Brit to the one true faith.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I already knew the coronation was gonna be Shi'ite

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

keep punching joe posted:

Chucks going to recite the Quaran and convert every Brit to the one true faith.

If he did the coronation in his full sheikh outfit that would legit be very funny.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

feedmegin posted:

Isn't it incredibly hard to find restaurant employees these days?

people have mainly decided that working lovely hours and having to be nice to arseholes isn’t really worth doing for minimum wage

so the hospitality sector has responded by crying all over the media rather than, for example, offering decent wages for the job

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

If he did the coronation in his full sheikh outfit that would legit be very funny.

he is crowned alhamdulillah

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Arsenic Lupin posted:

*aka some piece of wood no earlier than the medieval period

My favourite religious bullshit is that there are FOUR heads of John the Baptist still revered today.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

My favourite religious bullshit is that there are FOUR heads of John the Baptist still revered today.

I can see why he was so respected by his followers

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well they said "Give me here John Baptist's head in a charger." so maybe it was one of those chargers that can fit four heads in it.

Julio Cruz posted:

so the hospitality sector has responded by crying all over the media rather than, for example, offering decent wages for the job
And taking staff free hot dinners away, as a treat.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/breeallegretti/status/1649100869391073284
i have been fully exonerated by this report, which you may not see

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Look, regardless of how you feel about the monarchy, it would really shatter Britain's standing on the world stage if Charles was to be attacked by vampires during the coronation so this is pretty sensible*

*loving dumbass mystical bullshit more like

If you staked a vampire with a piece of the Cross it would probably explode. Sweet

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The report is going to say Raab is a disgusting nasty bullying gently caress and Sunak will back him to the hilt and keep him in place

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1648654949499191297

e: :lmao:
https://twitter.com/JonnyOctober/status/1649027281677942784

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
The report will detail a huge list of abusive behaviour, but it won't use the magic word bullying so Raab gets to stay.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Ctrl+f
'bullied'
Enter
'proactively led'
Replace All

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Well this is a surprise (to me anyway)

https://twitter.com/KirstieMAllsopp/status/1649007419647770624?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You might hope their lovely nazi march might wake a couple of people up who somehow missed that it's all the biggest dickheads in politics who are on their side.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

She's a baroness or something as well right? Surprising indeed

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol

https://twitter.com/charlottor/status/1649147331449614358?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

happyhippy posted:

Ctrl+f
'bullied'
Enter
'proactively led'
Replace All

Also works for the kid named "Titan Invictus" :v:

e: I wonder how is little titty doing.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 20, 2023

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

So far it's proving to be a 100% melt filter, with the exception of Stephen King who appears to have had a blue tick forced on him and is mildly puzzled

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1649147510525423626

Lol why did he double space that poo poo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Why would noted eccentric typewriter-fucker Stephen King have a typographic affectation online? :iiam:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

He's pacing the words for delivery or his finger is double tapping the spacebar due to anxiety.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I like the theory I've seen posited that Musk specifically made King's account keep the checkmark entirely to humiliate him by implying he bought Twitter blue.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

He's pacing the words for delivery or his finger is double tapping the spacebar due to anxiety.

Yeah he's just speaking in his authorial voice or whatever cause he submits manuscripts to editors double-spaced. It's dumb but hey he's earned the right.

Also, what a genius brain move to make your subscription product into a mark of shame and cringe.. baffling

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Tesseraction posted:

I like the theory I've seen posited that Musk specifically made King's account keep the checkmark entirely to humiliate him by implying he bought Twitter blue.

I like the theory that I've just made up that King specifically made Musk into the world's biggest loser by tricking him into buying Twitter.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pay musk money to make the blue tick go away

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Pay musk money to make the blue tick go away

No.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Failed Imagineer posted:

So they will Actually be taking the Piss, not just figuratively..?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

crispix posted:

drat if only there'd been an alternative to this shite at some point that the guardians could have got behind :thunk:

Don't expect anyone to have a full mental catalogue of who is good & bad at The Graun but for the avoidance of doubt, Frances Ryan is a good egg who has been a constant & important voice on behalf of people with disabilities, she's written an excellent book, Crippled: Austerity and the Demonization of Disabled People, & to this day still writes about the impact of the government's incredibly lax COVID guidelines on the most vulnerable. She's well worth reading, if you don't mind being reminded how loving bleak & pointlessly cruel this country is

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Poor Mick :(

https://twitter.com/mypalfootfoot7/status/1649158694490210304?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
:siren: UKMT Solidarity Fund Update, April 2023 :siren:

Marching ever onwards, helping the downtrodden. Thank you kindly to those who continue to donate! You know who you are, which is good because I don't.

Our next application is likely to drop us below 1k in the fund for the first time, so please do donate if you can afford it; but still never hesitate to apply for funds if you're destitute; and enjoy our new stats format below, because it was getting silly including a Paypal section when we haven't been able to take Paypal donations for like 2 years.

March Stats:

Monthly donations and payouts graph:

Quarterly version of the above:

UKMTSF Data Trends | Record of Activity | Constitution

If you are someone that is in need, please get in contact. This fund is here to help you with whatever comes your way. If something is causing you stress, pain, worry or physical distress, please get in contact with us. Please do not go hungry or without something because you are of the belief that your pain is not important enough. Feel free to contact any of the committee if you would like to discuss an issue. All matters are treated in complete confidence.

Donate:
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details

Apply:
Application Form
Email Us
PM: AceClown, Fargle (discord only), Maugrim, The DPRK or Tsietisin.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

people have mainly decided that working lovely hours and having to be nice to arseholes isn’t really worth doing for minimum wage

My point yeah. So unless cutting the staff meal comes with a big pay raise they're rather shooting themselves in the foot.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Already gone, whatever it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/ZXretroXX/status/1649137675469746181

:toot: