Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I swear they’re just making up some of these Gundams

https://twitter.com/hobbysite/status/1647881473016619009?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

I swear they’re just making up some of these Gundams

Spoilers: they're all made up.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

IG-88 posted:

Also, I have 3 days before something auto ships from HLJ. Can I extend that? There’s a bunch of poo poo that I’m still waiting on.

They're listing the dates, but aren't enforcing them. Source: my recent order was weeks past the must-ship date.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I will 100% ship my HLJ order the instant they get my Aerial Rebuild in.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

wdarkk posted:

I will 100% ship my HLJ order the instant they get my Aerial Rebuild in.

I'm waiting on the Moderoid Big O to arrive before I ship an order out.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
HLJ still hasn't enforced the 60 days before auto-ship thing though they have once drawn a line once, with products entering the private warehouse pre-July 1st 2021 being refunded as store credit if you didn't ship them by February earlier this year.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm waiting on the Moderoid Big O to arrive before I ship an order out.

Mine just hit a few minutes ago.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Midjack posted:

Mine just hit a few minutes ago.

Oooh cheers. Just checked and mine's currently listed as "PROCESSING". :peanut:

Also on the MODEROID front, from the Trails of Cold Steel games it looks like Valimar is getting a reprint and Ordine has been announced for around the same time. If you don't have painting skills, I'd recommend avoiding them as Valimar does not have any gold filigree at all aside from a bit on the sword. I suspect Ordine will be the same and arrive as mostly-blue plastic aside from the weapon.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 18, 2023

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Spoilers: they're all made up.

Some are more made up than others.

Perfect time to clear out your backlog in preparation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Where is my Rose

It was supposed to ship out

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Where is my Rose

It veered off course and has been absconded by a Redditor, who is now using it for nefarious deeds and tarnishing your name and the legacy of the Shao Lin Temple...

Wait no that's Dragon Gundam...

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Waffleman_ posted:

Where is my Rose

I haven’t gotten the confirmation email yet, but my PB account page says it’s in transit.

e: due today, apparently. Some good stuff in this batch, including the HG Full Armor type. I’m fairly hyped.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 19, 2023

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Pierson posted:

I'll go take a look but to start just some basics stains and wear-and-tear. The problem is that it's weirdly hard to get good enamel paint in the UK so enamel washes may be difficult and I was looking at other ways to do it and the weathering markers popped up, as did sponging for rust.

Forgot enamel, use oil! A bottle of odourless (still needs ventilation) white/mineral spirit and a tube of the cheapest burnt umber and raw sienna is a great starting point for weathering. For weathering, I would avoid the marked up hobby products as they're usually a bad value.

There was a really good video by one of the Spanish modellers, maaaybe Mig, about weathering techniques and I'll try and find it for you.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My Rose will be here Monday

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerously Dexterous Dongs
Gundum

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
They say a GM will run like poo poo, but it'll run like poo poo longer than most mobile suits will run at all

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What's the appropriate expletive for a 30MM accessory pack you've had backordered for months getting instock and paid for the day after shipping out a private warehouse order?

:argh:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's the appropriate expletive for a 30MM accessory pack you've had backordered for months getting instock and paid for the day after shipping out a private warehouse order?

:argh:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

They say a GM will run like poo poo, but it'll run like poo poo longer than most mobile suits will run at all

Still sad that the P-001nt'YAK models went away after the disaster in the early UC 2000 Era even if they were just reskins of their other designs

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That sounds about right :sigh:. Got myself two of the new-ish large arm/cannon set so I can dual-wield them on the Rabiot I'm rapidly stacking thrusters and missiles onto (Got the space booster pack enroute in the private warehouse order for More Thrusters). The other set of arms is going to an existing kit to make it look a bit more buff.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
What G Gundam suit does everyone think is gonna get the modern HG treatment next?

I really want it to be the Maxter but I'd be pretty happy with any of 'em honestly

So many drat silly designs I want to see like precisely physically rendered

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd like the Lumber Gundam myself but it'll be the windmill or the surfer cowboy footballer first

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Please be Tequila Gundam please be Tequila Gundam

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

They already have sprues for Altron, that's most of the way there for Dragon Gundam

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm only expecting the Shuffle Alliance, maybe a Devil Gundam if we get lucky. Next will probably be Dragon Gundam.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We might also get Nobel Gundam

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Monkey Fracas posted:

What G Gundam suit does everyone think is gonna get the modern HG treatment next?

I really want it to be the Maxter but I'd be pretty happy with any of 'em honestly

I'm hoping for the Shuffle Alliance plus our sixth rangers Shadow and Nobel.

Maxter would be a very fun build if it had the full transformation ability. Shoulder pads to boxing gloves, chest plate removal, even the mini-blue gloves in football mode. Plus the core lander and surfboard? Wild.

I used to have the whole set of battle-damaged Shuffle Alliance figures, I wish I'd never gotten rid of them.

A Windmill Gundam would destroy any existing sales records, they're stupid to not release it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

We might also get Nobel Gundam

I mean, we have a semi-modern kit already for her. Probably puts Allenby lower on the list.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The HG Nobel is still a good enough kit that I don't think they'll do a new one. Same goes for Shining, God, and Master HGs.

They could do an RG though.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I'm getting WAY ahead of myself, but if they're doing manga Wing models, 7th Fight Gundams would rule too.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Pulling for Bolt myself, but I think anything beyond the main four and Spiegel are doomed to the realm of wishful thinking.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Monkey Fracas posted:

It's gonna be the Mandala Gundam and there will be shelves upon shelves littered with that single kit

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sea Lily posted:

The HG Nobel is still a good enough kit that I don't think they'll do a new one. Same goes for Shining, God, and Master HGs.

They could do an RG though.

RG Nobel and Master seem like top-tier picks, given how many iconic poses that trio has.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Is there a good Kowloon Gundam kit

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Stairmaster posted:

Is there a good Kowloon Gundam kit

no. There was an MSiA, but no kit. Not ever.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

after some research, there apparently was a resin B-Club kit. Shouldn't be too hard to track down.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Nobel is gonna get a new HG since that has two recent-ish variant HG kits but I guess I would be fine with it

Or like an RG of it would rule yeah

With all the details and accessories on the HG Rose they could totally do an HG Maxter in the same vein- has a lot of little potential change and accessory things going on as well as stated

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Looks like maybe there are a few PG Phenex back on US P-Bandai? https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2539737001004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

parabolic posted:

Looks like maybe there are a few PG Phenex back on US P-Bandai? https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2539737001004

You know what's hosed up? P-Bandai doesn't do business in Canada, yet it still lists an option for a Canadian address.

Had to set up a PO box, but I finally nabbed myself a PG for my collection.