Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

eXXon posted:

lmao at their own ads:

(the car/truck speeding down the street)
Art requires suffering, which means taking your life in your own hands anytime you go anywhere without a car (or with one, for that matter).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Art students are well-known for having money for stuff like cars.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
I dont have any hard data but I would assume most art students are statistically more likely to be legacy or trust fund students compared to other disciplines

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-20/westcycle-launches-campaign-to-encourage-more-wa-women-cycling/102242618

:confused: Why don't more women ride bikes?
:palmon: We want protection and separate bike lines. Like every bike rider asks for.
:confused: Maybe we need to make ebikes slightly cheaper for a bit?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Terminal autist posted:

I dont have any hard data but I would assume most art students are statistically more likely to be legacy or trust fund students compared to other disciplines

depends on how elite the institution is. state schools are full of undergraduates without family money or connections. Juilliard is not. these days BAM is far more of a performance venue than a place of music education anyway

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

once again i don't get how car drivers don't get the concept of momentum. you go forwards, go backwards. zip zap zoom as they say

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

the bike stands in the photo are pure form over function

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

distortion park posted:

the bike stands in the photo are pure form over function

it's insane how many bike racks are either mostly or completely unusable: half of the bike rack designs in the US simply can't keep a bike upright. one of the many signs that the country is fundamentally unserious about bike stuff

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

those look like they'd be fine if they weren't three inches from the wall :shrug:

staple bike racks are the simplest and best option though

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Not that anyone posting this meme knows poo poo about space stuff, but it's pretty funny how Nasa didn't trust it's own rockets to carry JWST without blowing it up so they used an Ariane 5 launched from French Guiana which hasn't hosed up a payload in like a quarter century and over 100 launches.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

And those rocket scientists? German

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

And those rocket scientists? German

But in America they perfected the design so the rockets didn't crash so much

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Also Germans are super car brained on a national level, because of their huge car industry

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"we choose to go to the moon" kind of an encapsulation of car brain. no elaboration on why we choose this or what going to the moon does, it's just self-evident that driving a far ways and coming back is what you're supposed to do.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
we choose to build a Ruby Tuesday's on the moon and then pave over half of the moon to be it's parking lot

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"we choose to go to the moon" kind of an encapsulation of car brain. no elaboration on why we choose this or what going to the moon does, it's just self-evident that driving a far ways and coming back is what you're supposed to do.

We chose to do this, that and the other thing. Not because it was easy, but because it was carred.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Apparently the moon is Houston

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
they wanted to study the potholes on the surface to know what kind of vehicle could have caused them

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

america is a good country because you can drive to the moon in your car

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

space elevator that loads a car-shaped payload and shoots it straight up a vertical concrete road

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

speaking of houston a great thing about living here is that the floodplain maps are completely useless (except for determining how expensive your flood insurance is) because we have paved over so much grassland and wetlands to build lovely car-centric suburbs. it's impossible to know how things are going to drain these days. makes buying a house a real crapshoot. i recently looked at a house that flooded three times in six years but its neighbors on both sides have never flooded lmao. what is going on here!!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
saw this today lmao

RUBICON
RUBICON
look at this dogshit!! idk what the gently caress that poo poo on the back rack is maybe a camper setup??

spotless! Took the 60 year old guy two tries to get back in!!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

looks like poo poo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
yeah i put 3 gallons into my car for ever 10 feet i drive

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

fire twuck!!!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

america is a bad country

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

nomad2020 posted:

We chose to do this, that and the other thing. Not because it was easy, but because it was carred.

the car wasn't even useful. nasa didn't want to risk them driving further than they could walk back to the capsule in case something happened to it lol

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
anyways i went to visit my parents who live in the middle of nowhere so i could enjoy walking around where a car won't run me over. i took a 4 mile walk and came home, my mom freaked out because people drive so fast on dirt roads that she never feels safe walking around and hasn't gone out in years because of them. lol.

americans are an entire country held hostage and enslaved by cars. car ftmfw

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Both are assholes for owning cars

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Gunshow Poophole posted:

saw this today lmao

One of the only funny things the MillionDollarExtreme guys did before they took a hard alt-right turn was go to some car meetup in a field and surreptitiously make fun of the attendees and their rides. There's one clip where they find a Hummer painted fire-engine red like this, with a matching trailer, and you can hear them behind the camera going "I'm a BOY! I need a big red firetruck because everyone's got to know I'm a BOY, a BIG BOY!"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

become a car landlord and charge them rent, bing bong.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

look at this dogshit!! idk what the gently caress that poo poo on the back rack is maybe a camper setup??

that's a rooftop tent, $3700 4-person tent for car camping on top of your car. because that jeep has a truck bed and no rooftop luggage rack, they also had to install an adaptor that attaches to the bed and eliminates a lot of the utility of having a truck bed. it folds out like this:

some of them you can hook the trailer hitch electric hookup to power a LED light inside, but otherwise it's nothing more than a tent on your roof. people that have these are universally the biggest assholes at a campsite, hope they don't take the site next to yours

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

fermun posted:

that's a rooftop tent, $3700 4-person tent for car camping on top of your car. because that jeep has a truck bed and no rooftop luggage rack, they also had to install an adaptor that attaches to the bed and eliminates a lot of the utility of having a truck bed. it folds out like this:

some of them you can hook the trailer hitch electric hookup to power a LED light inside, but otherwise it's nothing more than a tent on your roof. people that have these are universally the biggest assholes at a campsite, hope they don't take the site next to yours

i see it also works as a projector tv surface

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sneaking into the campsite, hotwiring the trucks, driving straight to the truck eating overpass.
:yeshaha:

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

nomad2020 posted:

Finding out what “the other thing” was is key uncovering the truth of what happened in Dallas.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Wanna fly to the moon and give that thing a parking ticket on my space bike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Seriously though, I look forward to looking at the fist space car in a Chinese museum someday.