Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

FlapYoJacks posted:

Windows 11 gets a security fix – but it has broken some PC games

TLDR: Bungie has been too lazy to update BattlEye, and now it's broken with the latest version of Windows 10 and 11. :allears:

Lol, ofc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
Have this issue on my laptop, glad to know the cause.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
TWAB up

the arbalest ornament that was community voted is coming, lightfall themed, looks boring

next vote is between witherhoard, izanagi's, thunderlord. then a community artist makes three concepts for the winning weapon that will be voted on

otherwise just recapping the patch notes and known issues

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mill Village posted:

Windows 10 is not mentioned in that article at all.

Older versions of BattlEye software may not be compatible with Windows 10, version 1903

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Iron Banner next week as well

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

That version of Windows 10 is over 3 years old (May 2019) before the new anticheat even came to D2.

Personally, the security issue is not present on my Windows 10 desktop, but is on my Windows 11 laptop. And the laptop issue cropped up sometime in the past few months or so (can't say for sure; didn't see any error late last year, did see it last week).

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Jesus christ master overload hobgoblins are such a pile of horseshit

e: as usual osteo striga is the answer

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 20, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Forward_Bee posted:

That version of Windows 10 is over 3 years old (May 2019) before the new anticheat even came to D2.

Personally, the security issue is not present on my Windows 10 desktop, but is on my Windows 11 laptop. And the laptop issue cropped up sometime in the past few months or so (can't say for sure; didn't see any error late last year, did see it last week).

Ah, fair enough, my mistake. :v:

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012
For any bow-heads out there, just wanted to point out that Banshee is currently offering a pretty nice perpetual motion/explosive head Under Your Skin. If the rumors about crafting changes next season are true, you may want to pick up five for the vault.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

What are the numbers for HoIL post-nerf? Previously it looked like Empowering Light gave a 55% buff to ability recharge rates. How much lower is that now?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just did Avalon for the first time. Was fun enough, I assume the legend version is the one that had everybody pulling their hair out.

1) What's the level difference for legendary?
2) Why does it recommend bringing Vexcalibur?

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

What are the numbers for HoIL post-nerf? Previously it looked like Empowering Light gave a 55% buff to ability recharge rates. How much lower is that now?

Destiny Data Compendium says:

Empowered Melee:
10% / 20% damage
400% / 800% additional regen rate:

Empowered Grenade:
20% / 35% damage
400% / 800% additional regen rate

Empowered Barricade:
25% / 50% additional regen rate

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Iron Banner next week as well

Why are they so loving scared of doing Iron banner and double valor at the same time these days

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Kith posted:

Why are they so loving scared of doing Iron banner and double valor at the same time these days

If you reset both vendors at the same time you might end up with too many golf balls!

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

MJeff posted:

Just did Avalon for the first time. Was fun enough, I assume the legend version is the one that had everybody pulling their hair out.

Destiny Data Compendium says:

Empowered Melee:
10% / 20% damage
400% / 800% additional regen rate:

Empowered Grenade:
20% / 35% damage
400% / 800% additional regen rate

Empowered Barricade:
25% / 50% additional regen rate

Is the split if you use both of the other two abilities before? IE if I used barricade, then empowered melee, my grenade would start charging 800% faster and would do 35% more damage?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

MJeff posted:

I think legendary is 1530 and you're capped at 1500 or 1510 or I dunno. You're capped under power, it's similar to the legendary campaign missions.

I think the vexaclibur recommendation could be the secret chests that you need to get it? Otherwise, just having a source of void damage is crazy useful. Don't really feel like vexcalibur is critically important in legend, but it can be useful since it lends itself towards survivability.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Necrobama posted:

If you reset both vendors at the same time you might end up with too many golf balls!

I've resorted to scrapping mine because I have nothing to spend them on lmao

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I like Masterworking an exotic or two. I don't really keep a tonne of exotic armour (or armour in general, or weapons tbh) but you better believe I have some Masterworked Bombardiers and Lucky Pants :v:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

all of my exotic armor worth keeping is masterworked!!!!! i literally have nothing to do with 20 golfballs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Is the split if you use both of the other two abilities before? IE if I used barricade, then empowered melee, my grenade would start charging 800% faster and would do 35% more damage?

Yeah, the split is Empowered x1 vs. Empowered x2. I don't know how this works with the Berserker's melee, which has three charges.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I just Rank 10 any exotic armor that drops and toss it in the vault like a little MW Material piggybank

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Kith posted:

all of my exotic armor worth keeping is masterworked!!!!! i literally have nothing to do with 20 golfballs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then yeah toss em why not. When you're at the point where you're doing GMs and all that it isn't like you'll ever go "oh man, I got a new exotic armour but I have NO ascendant shards at all this is so bad!" because you've still got a full drat stack.

That's what confuses me with people using the postmaster to store poo poo and then complaining that they lose stuff. Look, if you had three whole stacks of ascendant shards then clearly they a) weren't ever getting used and b) getting more clearly isn't a problem.

When people asked for all resources to be uncapped I just wonder "why?" It won't actually help anyone, because if you're hitting the resource cap and started to store poo poo in the overflow bin then the problem isn't resource caps, it's resource consumption.

If they raise caps to 9999 then the only thing that changes is you have forever unused resources in your inventory, and they won't fall out the post bin, even tho it's effectively the same result.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
... what

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Huh... apparently the guy-who-caused-the-leak is a big ol' lying weirdo who lied about being banned to try and get sympathy or money or something?

https://twitter.com/destiny_dnn/status/1649197502862700544?s=20

Long thread but they mention that not even WishYaLuck, whose identity was known, and was just straight up tweeting information from a summit immediately after attending it, was ever banned for it.

Don't read any other tweets by that account though, as there may be spoilers

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

The entire economy of the game is a mess and uncapping resources like ascendant shards isn't the solution and would.probably simply exaggerate the issues hth

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

syntaxfunction posted:

The entire economy of the game is a mess and uncapping resources like ascendant shards isn't the solution and would.probably simply exaggerate the issues hth

Eh... I agree it's a mess but there's a lot of numbers between 10 and 9999 and many of them would make the problem lots better

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Was Steam his primary platform? Would it show a ban on his steam profile if he was, say, cross-saving from a profile he'd started on Playstation?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

It's not a solution, no, but being able to have mats on hand from when you were able to have time and energy to play vs having not enough or none when new poo poo drops is a QoL thing and we all know how trash bungie is about that in general with d2. The hamster wheel poo poo is dumb and bad.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Eh... I agree it's a mess but there's a lot of numbers between 10 and 9999 and many of them would make the problem lots better

The problem is more that it doesn't really matter if you have 10 ascendant shards and 50 prisms, or 50 shards and 400 prisms. A resource that simply accumulates to the point that it goes into an overflow container because you quickly hit a point of it no longer being a rare commodity is a problem.

When starting the game getting those shards for your first MW exotic feels big. But quickly you have a situation where you have Masterworked what you use, and are probably just getting monument kiosk exotics for them. Because despite being the currency end game content like GMs give out they are not particularly valuable. And you can tell when people have four stacks of them and growing.

I think the exotic focusing is a good move, but really there needs to be an overhaul of how we spend a lot of this currency, because increasing caps is still gonna hit the same issue.

There's a lot of great ideas floating around for using resources. Prisms and shards to reroll armour stats is one I can see being infinitely useful as a currency sink. But ultimately, have more of the same currency that isn't being used is not a good solution because you're treating the symptom.

Edit: I would also have no problem increasing the cap if these things were addressed obv.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

syntaxfunction posted:

it isn't the entire solution but it'd certainly help

the actual solution is "give us things to spend ascendant shards on that actually matter"

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/destinybulletn/status/1649174490700746752

What the gently caress. :(

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Huh... apparently the guy-who-caused-the-leak is a big ol' lying weirdo who lied about being banned to try and get sympathy or money or something?

https://twitter.com/destiny_dnn/status/1649197502862700544?s=20

Long thread but they mention that not even WishYaLuck, whose identity was known, and was just straight up tweeting information from a summit immediately after attending it, was ever banned for it.

Don't read any other tweets by that account though, as there may be spoilers

lmao

lots of people were like "how is he chasing clout if he stayed anonymous". Uh, yeah, he's doing it all to raise his profile and drive more eyeballs to his content.

This is just very funny.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Uh the thread says he chased clout AFTER the ban. Before the incident he was any other anonymous leaker.

Well this shuts that case pretty much. Jokes on me for always being too nice.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Necrobama posted:

I've already been masterworking exotics I don't care about because I ran out of uses for them.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I've never chased Destiny spoilers nor do I care if I read any. I know the deal - bad enemy does bad thing, go shoot them. It's never a surprise.

What matters to me is the level design.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Some redditor found a legendary shards glitch earlier today

You need last year's guardian games bond for it though

Just purchase for glimmer then destroy for shards. Then repeat

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

neutral milf hotel posted:

Some redditor found a legendary shards glitch earlier today

You need last year's guardian games bond for it though

Just purchase for glimmer then destroy for shards. Then repeat

That sounds pretty cool but I've already got like 14000 legendary shards and nothing I want to buy or grind for. Never really used more than I earned naturally.

Nice find though, really.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
It's the most tedious grind I can imagine and you could probably set up a macro but last I heard Bungie is not a fan of those running on your computer.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

Actually the best part of this week's seasonal story is when I took a call from Amanda in the HELM and then I had to take a whole-rear end spaceflight to Earth to take another call from Devrim because he doesn't know the HELM's number or something

This has been topped by the Retribution mission ending with you at The Farm and then you need to go into orbit and then back to The Farm to get a call from Devrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Kith posted:

so y'all know how titan shoulder charges don't OHKO in normal crucible anymore

moco is not normal crucible

i present to you the ultimate Fun Police loadout:

shoulder charge
storm grenades
fists of havoc
fighting lion

I tried to copy this and went like .25 all 3 of my pinnacle grind games lmao

I might have better luck switching it up to Witherhoard and my preferred Hero's Burden