Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just casually coming up with conspiracy theories about how Nintendo hates America on 420 hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That's right

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Looper posted:

chozo ghosts do sometimes lock the doors on you but I'm pretty sure they don't always do that
The only times you need to defeat the ghosts are the first encounter, after getting the x-ray visor (which makes the battle easier anyways), the encounter in the furnace if you're trying to get the missile expansion, and the two other times in the bowling room which could be done with or without the x-ray visor either time. I'm trying to remember if there's another encounter in a room with a collectible that you might not pick up before they start to appear.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Iirc the only enemy that you're forced to kill on repeat visits to a room are the robots on the Ice Space Pirate facility after Thermal Visor, which are a pain until you get Plasma and they become a joke but still annoying.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Cam and Colin come get y'alls Picross.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1649081234524614663

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol at the PS5 autocorrect

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I've never played picross before. I should change that.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

The 3D ones were the best and I can't go back to the regular version after experiencing perfection

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

incorporeal posted:

I've never played picross before. I should change that.

I started with the murder mystery one (Murder by Numbers) and really enjoyed it, I'm playing the Genesis/Master System Picross currently. :kiddo:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/picross-s-genesis-and-master-system-edition-switch/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I can't do the hard ones. :( I feel like I am just guessing half the time.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Picross looked complicated to me but once I learned how to play and understood some strategies it became a lot of fun. Very addictive.

Thou many of the last like 10-15 or so puzzles usually takes me a considerable amount of time to figure out.

I’ve completed s and s2 and just started on s3 recently! I have so many more to go..

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I was a baby and swore off Mega puzzles for my first few dozen hours of Picross but after completing all the other available puzzles I dug in and honestly it's different but not really easier or harder, and it's a worthy category.

Still haven't gotten far enough in any of them to unlock the super mega bonus puzzles that you get for having previous save data though.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Picross, mega picross, and 3d picross are all great. I dont like color picross

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Picross good, but where's my boy Pushmo at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lB_FYe0qn4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

and on payday too... wheew lad

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
3D Picross is my favorite. Please bring it back Nintendo.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Color Picross rules and I have to dole them out through the rest of the puzzles because if I just do them all at once it bums me out when I finish

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

Color Picross rules and I have to dole them out through the rest of the puzzles because if I just do them all at once it bums me out when I finish

I feel that way with Power Wash Simulator right now! Playing it on PS4, though, so I can't comment on how it performs on Switch. Definitely a relaxing, satisfying experience before bed, though!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

just heard from my uncle that it will stealth drop "sometime next month" fwiw

E: He's not employed at Nintendo or anywhere else that may have insider knowledge, and I'm not sure why he said that. Hope I didn't give anyone the wrong impression.

If he's from Australia that's as insider as we'll get. Is he Australian?

DLC Inc posted:

the Japanese version of the indie direct previewed Sea of Stars, Dungeon Drafters, Gigabash, Potion Permit, World of Horror, an actual Cyberfunk feature, and Another Crab's Treasure. Japan got the A+ show and they saddled USA with the C- farm poo poo lol

To be fair we got the same thing as you guys did over here in Europe. It's dumb they don't advertize to both.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m still working on the 3 Mario’s Picross games so I think I’m good on Picross for the rest of my life.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, so I thought the info was in the OP, but I guess not, so I'm going to do the annoying thing and ask... I'm thinking about buying a second Switch so how does this work? Our current one has 4 accounts on it, with mine being the one that has all of the eshop purchases on it. Now, I've pretty much moved on to the Steam deck, but my kids are devout Switch players. How does this work, or can it even work?

There has to be a primary and one that's on the internet all the time, right? And those two accounts likely cannot play the same game at the same time online, right? Like Splatoon 3?

I mean, realistically, they're just going to play Fortnite on it all the time, but in the event that they decide to play other games, will I need to rebuy a ton of poo poo, only the ones with online multiplayer, or none?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

There has to be a primary and one that's on the internet all the time, right?
You can designate any Switch to be primary for your eShop account. When it is, you can play games on it without being on the Internet, and other accounts on the same Switch can play games you've purchased.

Any other Switches you log your account onto are secondary. You can play games on your account as long as you're on the Internet, and not playing games on your account on a different Switch. Other accounts on the same Switch can't play games you've purchased.

If you own two Switches you can change which one is primary/secondary at any time, but you need the Internet and physical access to both to change it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
^^^because Nintendo is sooooo awesome

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, that's kind of loving stupid.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That's how every console does it I'm afraid. Sony used to let you have five active PS3's at once but people kinda abused it and then they went to the primary secondary system they have now

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, that's kind of loving stupid.
We haven't even discussed DLC purchased for physical games.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ExcessBLarg! posted:

We haven't even discussed DLC purchased for physical games.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

hatty posted:

That's how every console does it I'm afraid. Sony used to let you have five active PS3's at once but people kinda abused it and then they went to the primary secondary system they have now

The PS3/Xbox360 era was wild because companies did not value digital sales at all, I don't think they even bothered counting them. It took a moment for people to realize 'wait you can play entire games for free this way'

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Any other Switches you log your account onto are secondary. You can play games on your account as long as you're on the Internet, and not playing games on your account on a different Switch. Other accounts on the same Switch can't play games you've purchased.

If you own two Switches you can change which one is primary/secondary at any time, but you need the Internet and physical access to both to change it.

Unless they’ve changed it recently, accounts on secondary switches just need internet to load a game once a day.

My nephew has my account on his switch and he’ll text me if I’m on mine and ask me to quit real fast. He loads a game and then goes to airplane mode and plays my copy of metroid prime and I can still go back to playing Pokémon or whatever on my main switch.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Dogmeat posted:

My nephew has my account on his switch and he’ll text me if I’m on mine and ask me to quit real fast.
Well the key point there is he's using your account to play games on his Switch, which is fine as long as you're not worried about cloud save contamination and your nephew doesn't care about having the save on his account.

I wasn't aware you could put the Switch in airplane mode and continue playing. You'd have to bring it back out to play a different game though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

hatty posted:

Was "kinda abuse it" just people using it and the companies treat it like lost sales like they do theoretical download-sharing? 5 people playing a game someone bought is not abuse and should be more than acceptable.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Kinda abuse it means people selling account access on eBay and stuff. I agree the restrictions are dumb

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Advance Wars out for delivery a day early, you love to see it. Only the second time this has ever happened to me, first was my launch Switch and Breath of the Wild - that was a real treat.

Still bummed that online is a bare bones friends only thing, but I played hundreds of hours of AW back in the day and I’m excited to dip back in as this is the first game I’ve truly cared about to get a remaster.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
In advance wars, do you have to do single player campaign to unlock stuff to use in myltiplayer? I don't remember

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Yeah in the original games you earned coins in the campaign you can use to unlock new COs, maps and whatnot

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Tempura Wizard posted:

Advance Wars out for delivery a day early, you love to see it. Only the second time this has ever happened to me, first was my launch Switch and Breath of the Wild - that was a real treat.

Still bummed that online is a bare bones friends only thing, but I played hundreds of hours of AW back in the day and I’m excited to dip back in as this is the first game I’ve truly cared about to get a remaster.

Mine won't ship until Tuesday damnit

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Yeah in the original games you earned coins in the campaign you can use to unlock new COs, maps and whatnot

Aaaah poo poo that's right. Dammit, I want it for multiplayer, don't want to play the campaign.

At least it should make a good podcast game

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

For some reason my dumb rear end thought Advance Wars was digital-only. Now my partner and I can share!

(He's dying to play, I'm tentatively excited. I remember the first game whooping my butt as a kid and going back to FF:Tactics Advance. :owned:)

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Has anyone been able to play Advance Wars Boot Camp yet? When does the game go live tomorrow? Got a digital copy preloaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Just about two years ago, Amazon had these random $15 off coupons for video games that worked on preorders. I used them to preorder Mario Ware and Advance Wars Reboot Camp. That coupon is finally paying dividends.