Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Since we're posting discogs stats:

Min- 3700
Med- 6550
Max- 12945

CD- 204
Vinyl- 261

Nearly everything is logged and I still feel guilty about how much space the records take up in the cabinet. Could probably stand to purge a few too.

Also in disappointing news my preorder of Temples- Exotico is delayed. Apparently the blue sky vinyl came back from the pressing plant like poo poo with missing inserts and other bits according to the ATO Records email I got today. They sent a download code and the option to cancel if I want, but I'm still a little bummed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Collection Value: Min $14,558.75 Med $27,073.33 Max $49,988.05

731 items, all vinyl. Still have probably 50 or so things in a bin waiting to get added as well. I'm out of storage space basically, so it'll be time for a purge over the summer more than likely.

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."
Okay, why not:

LPs: 862
12": 55
CDs: 547

Also chiming in to report: the maximum worth is bullshit; based only on the maximum price one person with far too much scratch paid. I have a VG+ copy of Rocket to Russia, but it's not worth the $999 someone spent on a copy three months ago. To me, some of these high-dollar sales sound more like a money-laundering schemes.

Pretzellogic fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 19, 2023

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

esperantinc posted:

Collection Value: Min $14,558.75 Med $27,073.33 Max $49,988.05

I want this collection to be 3 outrageously valuable records and 728 whipped creams.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Pretzellogic posted:

Also chiming in to report: the maximum worth is bullshit; based only on the maximum price one person with far too much scratch paid.

Sometimes it’s for an autographed copy or something like that, too. I don’t even trust Median.

Mine is $5.8k/$13.8k/$39.8k. The only one I trust is the lowest.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

BigFactory posted:

I want this collection to be 3 outrageously valuable records and 728 whipped creams.

Ha, no, it's a bunch of box sets and video game soundtracks that went out of print and people are way overspending on, with some rarer punk/ska stuff thrown in as well.

I don't even have a single copy of whipped cream.

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."

esperantinc posted:

I don't even have a single copy of whipped cream.
:frogout:

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Come now, they may have other Herb in the collection give them a chance.

Anyways I'd be shocked if I could get the minimum value; after the Queen CD sets and maybe the Triumph Allied Forces box set I've got such unpopular garbage that it'd be tough to find a buyer for, even in the video game sound tracks.

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 19, 2023

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Turbinosamente posted:

Come now, they may have other Herb in the collection give them a chance.

Anyways I'd be shocked if I could get the minimum value; after the Queen CD sets and maybe the Triumph Allied Forces box set I've got such unpopular garbage that it'd be tough to find a buyer for, even in the video game sound tracks.

Yeah same here. I probably have 500 records that might technically be worth $5-10 each but it would require finding people willing to buy them. In reality, I’d be looking at donating those or selling them in a big lot for $50 or something.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Discog Stats:

Collection Value:* Min $29,285.73 Med $58,170.11 Max $120,389.59

1,742 in the collection

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

joylessdivision posted:

I crossed 149 a week or two ago lol. So far I've found two of these https://a.co/d/aQ2TDA3 and two of these https://a.co/d/1Hy8ivT are pretty effective. Pulling all the double albums out of the cubes and into the trays also helped a lot.

But at least I got a couple of the Oingo Boingo reissues

God that's expensive for crates and shelves.

I use these extra long plastic crates my older sister bought from Kmart in the mid-late 90s

Those hold like, 100? Singles? Or 40-50 doubles/gatefold? I don't really know for sure, none of them are filled with just one or the other, one I counted that was about 60/40 doubles/singles came in at 60 titles.

In an alternate configuration, they can hold about 70 singles (a few are doubles/gatefold) plus a murder of box sets, four Kates Bush, one Garth, one Rod Stewart

Yes they even hold dust!

I have three of those, plus three regular black plastic crates that I think I also got from my sister, and one odd blue crate that's just the tiniest bit smaller than the black ones that holds all the Jack White stuff. Or used to anyway, that collection has now outgrown the crate.

Those large crates were $6.97 when my sister bought them in 199X, which the government's inflation calculator tells me is equivalent to about $13 these days. These things are just plastic or whatever, don't overpay for them, these vultures jack up the price just because it's for ~records~

Also where did you get yr Boingos? Those are the only two I missed :(

pwn fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 19, 2023

pwn
May 27, 2004

Speaking of overpriced plastic, here's what $98 of movies and $104 of records looks like

This came in yesterday but yesterday was a terrible day and no good came of it

That Almost Famous set is incredible

And I refer you back to May 20 2021, 23 months ago—

pwn posted:

incoherent posted:

I am fomo'in about those almost famous 6 LP and 7 LP+CD ultra box sets. $200 and $300 dollars, respectively.

:pwn:

Too rich for my blood. If i wanna listen to those songs I guess I’ll just have to play the movie. Too bad, it’s very nice.

Or wait until sporklift posts a deal :holy: $38 for Almost Famous, $33 for Let it Be, and $28 for Wildflowers, which isn't a huge deal but still the cheapest option, plus a few bucks sales tax. Feels good man.

If you need me, that's weird of you, but anyway i'll be listening to all 3.5 hours of this and being extremely happy

I leave you with this: Never pay full price for dad rock represses. It's plastic and paper, they press them by the tens of thousands and once they've exhausted the Rich Nerd market they'll close them out to some ebay seller to get them the gently caress out of their warehouse.

And inevitably some of those are bought by bottom-feeders who will try to flip them on discogs, and the circle of life continues :angel:

pwn fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Apr 20, 2023

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

pwn posted:

God that's expensive for crates and shelves.

I use these extra long plastic crates my older sister bought from Kmart in the mid-late 90s

Those hold like, 100? Singles? Or 40-50 doubles/gatefold? I don't really know for sure, none of them are filled with just one or the other, one I counted that was about 60/40 doubles/singles came in at 60 titles.

In an alternate configuration, they can hold about 70 singles (a few are doubles/gatefold) plus a murder of box sets, four Kates Bush, one Garth, one Rod Stewart

Yes they even hold dust!

I have three of those, plus three regular black plastic crates that I think I also got from my sister, and one odd blue crate that's just the tiniest bit smaller than the black ones that holds all the Jack White stuff. Or used to anyway, that collection has now outgrown the crate.

Those large crates were $6.97 when my sister bought them in 199X, which the government's inflation calculator tells me is equivalent to about $13 these days. These things are just plastic or whatever, don't overpay for them, these vultures jack up the price just because it's for ~records~

Also where did you get yr Boingos? Those are the only two I missed :(

Snagged those on Ebay from https://www.ebay.com/str/panthercitycollectibles. I could have sworn I saw something on the Rubellan website about reprinting some a bunch of the sold out Boingo records including Only A Lad but now I can't actually find where it said that so maybe I was just really high and imagined it.

I just want a copy of OaL that's not going to cost me a got drat arm and a leg :argh:

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
So I missed the fact that the Violent Femmes RSD offering is a picture disc, so that's a big no go and I'll just pick up the regular version of that album sometime down the road.

Now that just leaves the Dismemberment Plan release this Saturday. Otherwise I'm good since the Sparks offerings are just "RSD first" releases.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The worst thing about that eBay deal is now I have one of the twelve Depicted Mode singles box sets, and I want 6 more of them. They range from $250-$1,200 on eBay and Discogs. The cheap ones are the early records that I have no interest in. The collector in me may hate myself for getting this one.

pwn
May 27, 2004

I feel your pain. I made the mistake of getting films 3-8 of a 70s Japanese series dirt cheap from Arrow last month, only to find that their releases of 1 and 2 were OoP and each cost more than I paid for the other 5 combined. Soooo I guess I live without those for now.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I now have the Let It Be 5xLP and White album 4xLP from absurdly cheap sales, so I looked into what other Beatles box sets they've put out. There is practically no consistency to these things. Abbey Road sucks compared to the CD version, Sgt Pepper doesn't have a vinyl box - CD only. There is no consistency to the box designs (some have a side opening, some are a traditional vinyl box), or contents. It's like each box was designed by a different firm. Plus they're all like $200. The Revolver set looks very good. That would be the only one I would consider picking up if it hit a reasonable price. And the two I already have are great as well.

It really seems like a missed opportunity for them to plan out elaborate 50th anniversary box set editions of all the major albums and have them all match.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I just went to Wilco's site and bought lots of good stuff, AM's deluxe edition, the red and blue colored Cruel Country, both of Loose Fur's records (Born Again in the USA and the s/t), Tweedy's Sukierae, Jeff Tweedy's Warm/Warmer records as a limited edition double album, and a handful of 7"s, and then I found a third party vendor and ordered the Summerteeth box set too because gently caress it

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

The discogs says I have logged over 1,300 records. I haven't cataloged my 45s because that seems like a huge pain in the rear end but there are hundreds of them. And there are probably a couple hundred more lps I need to put in but I'm kinda lazy about it.
Min $14,519.61
Med $31,235.20
Max $70,163.00

I really only go by the Min/Med values.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Shiftypenguin posted:

So I missed the fact that the Violent Femmes RSD offering is a picture disc, so that's a big no go and I'll just pick up the regular version of that album sometime down the road.

:same:, but I actually snagged a new, non-picture disc version of it at my local place a couple weekends ago.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I unfortunately own one picture disc. It's a Bathory record so it at least looks cool and it played fine the one time I played it but man I really would have preferred a regular version but gently caress me, apparently "Blood, Fire, Death" is only easily available on picture disc.

The pain of trying to get back metal on vinyl and not spending a fortune :negative:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Love that I still can’t tell with 100% certainty if you should select the bottom right corner one or not.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
For fans of slowcore Numero Group just released Rex's "C" on vinyl for the first time: https://numerogroup.com/products/c-1?variant=42487687774406

They're not nearly as cold as Codeine or Bedhead or Duster if you haven't heard of em before. They're great.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
talked to the record store guy yesterday who said the hardest RSD title to come by is gonna be...Be a Man by Macho Man Randy Savage

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
So.......how are people insuring these collections? I know we don't like to think about it, but it should be a serious consideration once a collection get into 5 figures.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

JAMOOOL posted:

talked to the record store guy yesterday who said the hardest RSD title to come by is gonna be...Be a Man by Macho Man Randy Savage

Never underestimate wrestling fans willingness to own dumb poo poo.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wrestling rocks.

Collection per discogs is at 422 LPs / EPs / 7"s

Min $5,878.34
Med $9,826.24
Max $19,196.90

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

JAMOOOL posted:

Macho Man by Village People is the superior song. :colbert:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

midge posted:

So.......how are people insuring these collections? I know we don't like to think about it, but it should be a serious consideration once a collection get into 5 figures.

You can add policies to your homeowners

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

BigFactory posted:

You can add policies to your homeowners

Be sure to give them the 'max' value :cool:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

midge posted:

I have mine under my renters insurance.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wrestling rocks.

:hmmyes:

Also, I guess:

Min $10,223.76
Med $19,438.09
Max $35,481.66

1276 items. Maybe ~200 are CDs.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I do my best to not come across as "Ugh, teenage girls!!!" (I was one myself, after all :kiddo:) but I just realized there's some Taylor Swift dropping for RSD and I am staying VERY, VERY far away. :ohdear:

Also, crumpled into dust a couple weeks ago at overhearing some kids browsing the punk section:

"Ooh, do you know the band Hole?"
"....What?"
"You know, Courtney Love."
"....."
"....Kurt Cobain's wife?"
"...Who?"
"...The guy from Nirvana?!"
"..Oh. Yeah, I think I've heard of them."

I'm only 30. :smith:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

And in another 10-15 years you'll only recognize one band name out of ten on any given festival lineup!

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I feel weird listening to records from 2003 knowing those are now as old as the records from 1983 I was listening to in 2003 :smith:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Read After Burning posted:

I do my best to not come across as "Ugh, teenage girls!!!" (I was one myself, after all :kiddo:) but I just realized there's some Taylor Swift dropping for RSD and I am staying VERY, VERY far away. :ohdear:

Also, crumpled into dust a couple weeks ago at overhearing some kids browsing the punk section:

"Ooh, do you know the band Hole?"
"....What?"
"You know, Courtney Love."
"....."
"....Kurt Cobain's wife?"
"...Who?"
"...The guy from Nirvana?!"
"..Oh. Yeah, I think I've heard of them."

I'm only 30. :smith:

I was at a party a few months ago with some young 20 somethings, I'm in my late 30s. I made a reference to Clueless, and they all looked at me blankly, and finally one of them said, "Oh, is that the "As If movie?"

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Enos Cabell posted:

And in another 10-15 years you'll only recognize one band name out of ten on any given festival lineup!
Wandering around wasted at a music fest and stumbling onto new poo poo is my favorite part. My friends will spend the month leading up to a festival looking up everything but I love the dice roll.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
my collection is 225 records + 1 cd (Min $3,904.90 Med $6,316.01 Max $10,570.98)

i've slowed down tremendously because my kallax is absolutely full and i dont have space for another one. nearly filled up an overflow box already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

Wandering around wasted at a music fest and stumbling onto new poo poo is my favorite part. My friends will spend the month leading up to a festival looking up everything but I love the dice roll.

Hell yeah, I hope I never stop finding new bands to get into. My favorite band right now didn't even exist until I was like 35 lol.