Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Non Compos Mentis posted:

A pie requires a lid

Pizza tart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

Pizza tart?

Yes we are familiar with your mom

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

RoastBeef posted:

Not in places where the pizza is good.
I live in Buffalo. :colbert:

We also have good YOU here.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Cage posted:

I live in Buffalo. :colbert:

My condolences

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

teen witch posted:

My condolences
Weird!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Non Compos Mentis posted:

A pie requires a lid

There's pumpkin pie though.

I think it's more about the dimensionality of the pizza; the crust is just a flat surface that things are spread on top of rather than a whole rear end bowl full of goop like a casserole. That also leads to entirely different types of crust.

Pizza pie as a term is kind of archaic from the days when pizza was less of a mainstream thing and people felt the need more to put it in terms of the familiar. Like if you say taco sandwich.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

SlothfulCobra posted:

taco sandwich.
Oh no

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
A burrito is more of a sandwich anyway.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like it when you find a quaint old article or ad talking about "hamburger sandwiches" or "hot dog sandwiches"

I suppose in those days hot dogs were considered a more versatile ingredient, so it makes sense to discern a frank in a bun from weiners in a gelatin mold.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

sorry but deli pizza owns

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

Captain Hygiene posted:

I guess it's early yet, but I feel like you can't post something like that without a followup :ohdear:

Oh hey, I can find that or similar here in Bulgaria as I've seen it around and I'd be willing to pick up a can this weekend and discover what's inside.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Pizza Pie
Hamburger Sandwich
Hamburger Pizza
...Pie Sandwiches?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Depression pizza?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lavinia Spenlow posted:

Oh hey, I can find that or similar here in Bulgaria as I've seen it around and I'd be willing to pick up a can this weekend and discover what's inside.

Please do, I would love a trip report :buddy:

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

With the right kind of crust and sauce I would absolutely gently caress with pizza with no cheese

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cheeseless pizza does not exist. It's a fundamental contradiction in definition, like H2O-less water

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

more falafel please posted:

With the right kind of crust and sauce I would absolutely gently caress with pizza with no cheese

Seems like a great appetizer, less of a meal.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Captain Hygiene posted:

Cheeseless pizza does not exist. It's a fundamental contradiction in definition, like H2O-less water

i agree. that said i would like to try the weird tomato pie cracker crust thing. no one makes anything like that around here, i will need to make it myself.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Just ask for no cheese?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

FFT posted:

Just ask for no cheese?

tell the guy to make it with cheese but he can eat it off the top, it's cool.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Captain Hygiene posted:

Tarte flambée/flammkuchen is a pizza :colbert:

Very thin crust, creme fraiche base, and topping which may or may not include cheese.

axolotl farmer has a new favorite as of 07:20 on Apr 21, 2023

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

Very thin crust, creme fraiche base, and topping which may or may not include cheese.

I tried flammkuchen once and I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Mestre's pizza than that garbage.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

axolotl farmer posted:

why would you cut anything like this? it's so uneven. this is bothering me

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Nameless Pete posted:

Pizza Pie
Hamburger Sandwich
Hamburger Pizza
...Pie Sandwiches?

Welcome to Wigan.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My local pizza place does these as a variant of their garlic bread, they're nice. It's not just garlic salt dumped on, but yeah, garlic and tomato sauce only is pleasant.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Anyone saying that isn't a pizza isn't familiar with the horrors of what used to pass for "pizza" in the Dark Ages.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
The vaguely threatening undercurrent of "if you don't buy this product your husband will leave you and you'll deserve it" in a lot of product advertising aimed at housewives from that era sure is something

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

holy poo poo that is such a big oven, everyone at that party could just cram in there and roll around on that scraped-knee looking pizza thing and there'd still be plenty of room

what do you even bake in an oven you could park a volkswagen in

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

A turkey pizza

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ror posted:

This is literally a David Letterman bit from the 90s where he talks about taking dried globs of toothpaste from the sink and serving them to guests as mints.

edit: also, this was in the awkward and gross thread but this thread might be interested in some real Pizza Rules

Lol and all, but yeah, he's totally right. Why call it a "giant slice" and then cut it into slices? That's not exultant ritual of gluttony the name implies, it's just a weird shaped pizza.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Porfiriato posted:

Anyone saying that isn't a pizza isn't familiar with the horrors of what used to pass for "pizza" in the Dark Ages.

as a child I made these kit pizzas quite often. the topping was a big bag of parmesan. they were pretty lovely tbh.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

The Moon Monster posted:

Lol and all, but yeah, he's totally right. Why call it a "giant slice" and then cut it into slices?

So it's remotely edible?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The point of a Giant Slice is that it is cut from a Giant Pizza. If all you're doing is making a regular pizza but it's a triangle, then you are committing false advertisement and should be ashamed of yourself.

Just call it a triangle pizza.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

So it's remotely edible?

If you want a normal pizza with conveniently sized slices you could just order a normal pizza. I'm not into giant novelty food, personally, but the name "super slice" gives the impression of some kind of Man vs. Food thing, not a regular pizza except slightly worse.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Commit to the bit.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

They will serve you a giant slice uncut

but I'm not going to drive to Yonkers to find out if it's any good. I found their cannoli-topped dessert pizza shaped like a football to be somewhat more disturbing:

might. might.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

RoastBeef posted:

might. might.

hesitation is defeat, i'm all over that

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

axolotl farmer posted:

They have this at the local German place and it's loving delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Pizza Ranch

Pizza Barn

Pizza Manger

Pizza Chicken Coop