Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

Aftermath collector box sold early and cracked on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/u200T6m3VvM

There are a few videos of these.

E:

https://imgur.com/a/ZAW9byH

For those who don't want to pause to read the cards.

SIX CARDS per collector booster??? Yeah gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Jiro posted:

SIX CARDS per collector booster??? Yeah gently caress that.

"March of the Machine: The Aftermath is sold in Epilogue Boosters: lore-packed boosters that continue the story in between sets, with a guaranteed foil and Showcase card in every pack. Each Epilogue Booster contains 5 cards, with a combination of 1–3 card(s) of rarity Rare or higher and 2–4 Uncommon cards. In every pack, a total of 1–2 card(s) of any rarity are Traditional Foil.[10]

The set also features Collector Boosters as well as a Bundle.[4] Each Collector Booster contains 6 Magic: The Gathering cards and 1 Traditional Foil double-sided token, with 4 cards of rarity Rare or higher and 2 Uncommon cards. Every pack contains a total of 5–6 foil cards.

The set is only available in English."

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Look forward to thinking about buying some dinky token one day only to see the only versions are twenty dollars for some reason

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Look forward to thinking about buying some dinky token one day only to see the only versions are twenty dollars for some reason

https://scryfall.com/card/tneo/8/goblin-shaman

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Khanstant posted:

*Looks over at the Marit Lage token*

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Jiro posted:

*Looks over at the Marit Lage token*

That's only a buck if you get the Ultimate Masters token.

E:

https://www.tcgplayer.com/search/magic/product?productLineName=magic&q=Marit+Lage&view=grid

Even less for others.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is there like a general consensus on black-border un-cards? I feel like it's reasonable to say "nuh-uh, absolutely not," but maybe I'm a fun-hater whose finger isn't on the pulse of the player base at large

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Technically legal as long as they don't have the acorn stamp but they can be a mess to play with. I believe the Mind Goblin gets played in cEDH as a ritual.

E:

I'm gonna be annoyed as gently caress when some dickhead plays Pramikon and then drops a Space Beleren onto the battlefield.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Sorry, always gotta be clear with MyG posting. I've already ran into quite a few crazy expensive tokens, IIRC most recent one was just the shrine token for my Shrine commander deck. I predict some of these Aftermath tokens might end up in the same place because lol buying mouse turd booster packs, let alone to chase a token. Have they done a serialized token yet?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Sorry, always gotta be clear with MyG posting. I've already ran into quite a few crazy expensive tokens, IIRC most recent one was just the shrine token for my Shrine commander deck. I predict some of these Aftermath tokens might end up in the same place because lol buying mouse turd booster packs, let alone to chase a token. Have they done a serialized token yet?

Please don't give them any ideas.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Technically legal as long as they don't have the acorn stamp but they can be a mess to play with. I believe the Mind Goblin gets played in cEDH as a ritual.

Saw in Half, Clown Car, and Mind Goblin all see actual play. I think Magar and Clowning Around see play in some lower tier decks.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

Technically legal as long as they don't have the acorn stamp but they can be a mess to play with. I believe the Mind Goblin gets played in cEDH as a ritual

Yeah, I get that it's legal. I just mean is there pushback? Like is it common to see a table that's like "nah get that poo poo out of here"

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Khanstant posted:

Oooh would you mind linking your shrine deck? I just started making one after I discovered that's a thing. I had a Honden deck (that was very terrible) when they first released and figured this could be a fun successor.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yeah, I get that it's legal. I just mean is there pushback? Like is it common to see a table that's like "nah get that poo poo out of here"

I'd probably groan audibly depending on the card.

"Hold on, let me get my sticker sheets and attractions ready."

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

You might get eyerolls or snide comments, but if WOTC says they're legal in Commander, they're legal in Commander and if the table/group had a "softban" on certain cards, they probably should have told you ahead of time.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Toshimo posted:

Saw in Half, Clown Car, and Mind Goblin all see actual play. I think Magar and Clowning Around see play in some lower tier decks.

Starlight Spectacular is a reasonable wincon for casual tables, even at moderate power. Not for cEDH, of course.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ChiTownEddie posted:

Oooh would you mind linking your shrine deck? I just started making one after I discovered that's a thing. I had a Honden deck (that was very terrible) when they first released and figured this could be a fun successor.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/mxJNJ8MLx0-evIdSXfE_Vg

I've played it a few times and it seems really strong if anyone lets you get shrines and enchantments up and running. I opened a set booster that had all the Kamigawa go shintai shrines and I basically just built the deck adding all the shrines besides maybe a few really crap ones and filled out with edhrec stuff. I had fun every time I played it, I love the idea of tearing apart my opponents with... A bunch of fancy haunted gazebos

Might wanna ignore my manabase, I force the singleton rule on myself for lands because I like it.

Mushroomfarmer
Jul 14, 2007

Well, after sticking to drafts and limited for years I finally tried out commander at my local shop. I was totally beat down but it may have been my fault for telling them to use their best deck (Kinnan) so I could get a feel for how the games might go when I wasn't playing at a kitchen table.

Does anyone have recommendations for my Lathril deck? I know I need a craterhoof at some point, but not sure if there are cheaper alternatives. Also plan on picking up Patriachs Bidding to help against boardwipes, wasn't sure if I should toss in one on my old Caller of the Claws.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/qMhffccgsUCkSF1yvKeyag

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So turns out I don't have a Reckoner Bankbuster, that's why it's not in the deck. Huh.

On the subject of un-cards, a friend made a Myra the Magnificient attractions deck and it actually looks like a lot of fun.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Mushroomfarmer posted:

Well, after sticking to drafts and limited for years I finally tried out commander at my local shop. I was totally beat down but it may have been my fault for telling them to use their best deck (Kinnan) so I could get a feel for how the games might go when I wasn't playing at a kitchen table.

Does anyone have recommendations for my Lathril deck? I know I need a craterhoof at some point, but not sure if there are cheaper alternatives. Also plan on picking up Patriachs Bidding to help against boardwipes, wasn't sure if I should toss in one on my old Caller of the Claws.

Triumph of the Hordes

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Mushroomfarmer posted:

Nobody needs Craterhoof because it's loving boring

Besides, Lathril has way better ways of winning than that, like Vitalize/Mobilize on Isochron Scepter and Bolas' Citadel, for one. Also, Allosaurus Shepherd, Elvish Warmaster and Ezuri, Renegade Leader are way better than Hoof in this deck, and even the new Nissa is a good option.

gently caress a hoof, shits dull as hell

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Silhouette posted:

Nobody needs Craterhoof because it's loving boring

Besides, Lathril has way better ways of winning than that, like Vitalize/Mobilize on Isochron Scepter and Bolas' Citadel, for one. Also, Allosaurus Shepherd, Elvish Warmaster and Ezuri, Renegade Leader are way better than Hoof in this deck, and even the new Nissa is a good option.

gently caress a hoof, shits dull as hell

A win is a win. Not sure why comboing off with Scepter is any less dull than winning with Craterhoof.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Using Lathril's ten to the dome ability which utilizes the commander and some jank cards to get a win is way more fun and unique than hoof, which is generic and dull and goes into any deck with forests and a handful of shitters on the field

Edit: Craterhoof is the arcane signet of overruns

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I mean, the end result is the same. You either win or you don't, and there's no harm in having various avenues to victory.

Mushroomfarmer
Jul 14, 2007

Awesome, I actually have some of those! Thanks all, time to make some tweaks and hopefully not get totally wrecked next time.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Got myself a couple collector boosters as a self-reward for saving money elsewhere. Didn't make my money back, but this is Magic, so that was never in the cards. No pun intended. I guess.

Did get showcase Urabrask, foil Baral and Kari Zev, and foil showcase Aurelia. That's about the only money. Did get some gorgeous dirt-cheap cards like foil showcase Aegar and an insanely pretty foil Brudiclad. Also a foil ordinary frame who-gives-a-poo poo mountain because WotC said "gently caress you, Nehru."

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Batterypowered7 posted:

If one's building Shalai and Hallar for the Red Terror/War Elemental combo then you're pretty much just going all in on a combo finish, right? Heliod + Balista, All Will Be One, Red Terror, War Elemental, and ways to get the combo pieces out, and stax pieces to buy you time?

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/vCL6BR6xOUut00lezXvBqA

It's a first draft for that.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Stickers and Space Beleren are the only ones that get a lot of pushback. Attractions are just another kind of artifact if you don't care about Vorthos stuff, and that's gone to hell in most commander decks anyway.

Mushroomfarmer posted:

On top of the other comments:

More card draw imo - if I count correctly, you've got two sorcery ones and three creatures that draw on either ETB or LTB (plus a couple of conditional card advantage ones) . Shamanic Rev, Rishkar's Expertise, Return of the Wildspeaker are very good for "creatures matter ones", or ones on a permanent like Guardian Project (Garruk's Uprising won't do much for an elf deck, Tribute to the World Tree will buff your dudes which tbh might be worth it). There's also plenty of black card draw that's better than Harmonize like Sign in Blood. There's also tutors - you have a couple of creature based ones and I wouldn't recommend just filling your deck with stuff like Vampiric Tutor, but stuff like Threats Undetected is both card advantage and should never feel completely busted because of the restriction.

There's a few Elves you've missed out on that would be good, like Circle of Dreams Druid, Underrealm Lich and Fyndhorn Elves. Abomination of Llanowar is still a threat after a boardwipe. (Oh, and if you're playing Deathrite Shaman you probably also want to be playing more fetch lands (even the cheap ones like Evolving Wilds) in order to be able to more reliably use it as a mana dork)

You may also want some more interaction - it depends on the pod, but if you're going to go "play your best deck please" then you need more for sure.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Siiiick. This is pretty much what I was having in mind too but hadn't made a list for yet. Signal the Clans is great tech I hadn't even heard of before.

Think I'd slot in Emiel somewhere too since it goes off with Dockside.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I'd probably cut both Ozolith cards, the Swiftfoot Boots (run Lightning Greaves if you really have to), Tribute to the World Tree, and probably Defense of the Heart. I'm not sure Chord of Calling or the three cmc Beast Within/Generous Gift are playable (if this is meant for cEDH).

I'd add Gamble, maybe Autumn's Veil. Path to Exile might be worth a spot, Emiel and/or Temur Sabertooth. Trinisphere is another powerful stax piece, and Survival of the Fittest if you're going to run Fauna Shaman. Red gives you access to Pyroblast/Red Elemental Blast, and Naya gives you the narrower Guttural Response. Oh, and Drannith Magistrate.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I'm kind of torn on how I specifically want to build the deck. There's a part of me that likes the idea of just having big/wide beats as a backup plan (and thus packing things to really enhance the +1/+1s), but that may be a more casual build.

I think combo/stax is the way to go for cEDH, but I think there's a way to work combat in as a pivot.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Framboise posted:

I'm kind of torn on how I specifically want to build the deck. There's a part of me that likes the idea of just having big/wide beats as a backup plan (and thus packing things to really enhance the +1/+1s), but that may be a more casual build.

I think combo/stax is the way to go for cEDH, but I think there's a way to work combat in as a pivot.

Yeah, you swing at the Ad Naus player that failed to go off and is down to 1 life! :v:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Stickers and Space Beleren are the only ones that get a lot of pushback. Attractions are just another kind of artifact if you don't care about Vorthos stuff, and that's gone to hell in most commander decks anyway.

I don't wanna belabor this because it's not gonna ruin the game or anything -- but I do think it's fair to draw a distinction between squirrels or emergent silliness like boots-on-ooze versus clown robots and sticker matters.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I forgot I'd pre-ordered the Cavalry Charge precon cause I liked the Commander. I think this one can be upgraded to be good fairly easily, no?

Anyway, I'll look for the missing cards for my Greasefang deck gradually. Gotta stop spending money at some point lol.

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is there like a general consensus on black-border un-cards? I feel like it's reasonable to say "nuh-uh, absolutely not," but maybe I'm a fun-hater whose finger isn't on the pulse of the player base at large

I would much rather see someone play Attempted Murder than pretty much any “staple” cards.

Most of the standalone cards are fine, and sometimes even pretty good (Pair O’ Dice Lost in a lands recycling deck for example). I can understand some groans for a stickers or attractions deck, but they’re nowhere near as bad as day/night cards, or Urza’s Oops-All-Karnstructs decks.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

generatrix posted:

I would much rather see someone play Attempted Murder than pretty much any “staple” cards.

Most of the standalone cards are fine, and sometimes even pretty good (Pair O’ Dice Lost in a lands recycling deck for example). I can understand some groans for a stickers or attractions deck, but they’re nowhere near as bad as day/night cards, or Urza’s Oops-All-Karnstructs decks.

"Okay, so I have a werewolf deck with a mixture of the new and old werewolves. Uh, start the day/night cycle when I play this one. It's night now so this one enters as a werewolf, but this other one is old so it enters untransformed."

E:

What a shitshow of a mechanic.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I have a Space Family Goblinson deck and I play that in a pod with Syr Cadian, It Came from Planet Glurg, and X. It's all about your buddies and what kind of shenanigans they tolerate.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-fygwooTOQ

More Aftermath cards spoiled.

E:

https://imgur.com/gallery/ntNmYyc

And an imgur album like last time.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 21, 2023

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Batterypowered7 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-fygwooTOQ

More Aftermath cards spoiled.

E:

https://imgur.com/gallery/ntNmYyc

And an imgur album like last time.

lmao training grounds cratered overnight thanks to this weirdo

I really wonder what's gonna happen to this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hopefully nothing. Blessed are the leakers who bring salvation from spoiler season.