Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
When you become admin they tell you how to bring back aeris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i still have the prima official strategy guide for starsiege (the mech one, not tribes) because it has a bunch of cool lore in it and i was obsessed with it in middle school

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

the sex ghost posted:

When you become admin they tell you how to bring back aeris

tell me how to kill Navi and we’ll talk

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost
I have a Halo 3 guide that's like 120 pages laying around somewhere still, it had like top-down view guides to the maps with labels and things. It did not make me good at Halo 3 when I was 12 lol.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Zero_Grade posted:

People would print all kinds of poo poo when I worked in the main computer lab in undergrad, because they didn't charge per page back then.

The most memorable one was when I was refilling a printer that had just run out and I realized it had been printing the entire script for Gladiator, except it was in notepad and like quintuple spaced, so there were maybe ten lines per page.

Were you not entertained?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I spent most of a summer break going downstairs every five minutes to check a guide and then going back upstairs to my bedroom trying to get everything in FFX. I never did end up getting half the ultimate weapons but I was able to one shot everything in the final dungeon

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

my friend and i would do this with mortal kombat 2 fatalities lol

I think I still have a VHS tape I recorded going through the list of all the finishing moves on whichever one introduced babalities on the genesis.
Thanks for the reminder

Also, memories of the numpty headed college I went to. They would charge 10cents a photocopy in the library, but the laserjets in the the computer lab were free for all.
Your administration was garbage, and you may have cranked your tuition and lab fees to the moon, but I managed to extract a printed copy of the complete works of Edgar Allan Poe as a concession prize

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 20, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

B33rChiller posted:

I think I still have a VHS tape I recorded going through the list of all the finishing moves on whichever one introduced babalities on the genesis.
Thanks for the reminder

Also, memories of the numpty headed college I went to. They would charge 10cents a photocopy in the library, but the laserjets in the the computer lab were free for all.
Your administration was garbage, and you may have cranked your tuition and lab fees to the moon, but I managed to extract a printed copy of the complete works of Edgar Allan Poe as a concession prize

Oh christ you just reminded me that I used to sell printed out paper guides at the local arcade for all of the finishing moves for MK2 for $5.00

Please let’s not speak of this again.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i had a gamefaqs FFX guide i printed and i accidentally scrolled to a page that i thought spoiled the ending, where 'the fayth give tidus a new life and he comes back and everybody is happy' and i was mad watching the ending waiting for him to come back and he didnt, i checked the guide back and that section was called 'here is how i would have ended things'. fucker got me twice!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

B33rChiller posted:

Thanks for the reminder

i remember giving a classmate a list of specials and fatalities for a pack of dunkaroos lmao

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Joey McChrist posted:

i remember giving a classmate a list of specials and fatalities for a pack of dunkaroos lmao

lmao hell yeah

Mock Turtle
Jul 19, 2022

Waste of Breath posted:

For me it was hundreds of pages of neopets item lists. I'd just look at the pics and read the names and imagine them I guess. Idk wtf was wrong with me.

me and my friends all did this poo poo in middle school and had dedicated folders to bring to class just to show eachother cool stuff we saw online at an increasingly greyscale level lol

the neopet item thing reminded me because we would make "stickers" by printing out a bunch of tiny images (each printed individually on the corner of a whole piece of printer paper, obv), cut them out then cover them in tape to laminate it, then glue them to our special folders. and petpets we wanted but couldn't afford were absolutely a victim of this practice

Joey McChrist posted:

lmao

Mock Turtle fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 20, 2023

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

rodbeard posted:

I spent most of a summer break going downstairs every five minutes to check a guide and then going back upstairs to my bedroom trying to get everything in FFX. I never did end up getting half the ultimate weapons but I was able to one shot everything in the final dungeon

FFX and Kingdom Hearts 1 have the most insane endgame grinds- I've tried them both as an adult with a guide pulled up on my phone and gave up, I have no idea how anyone did it back in the day. Adderall had just been released to the public, maybe?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I’m almost done with Yakuza 4. I feel like the story would be tighter and more fun if it was just Akiyama and Tanimura. Bosses are a little bit of a pain but the game isn’t bad except Nair can gently caress off!!!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

KittenJucerSupreme posted:

FFX and Kingdom Hearts 1 have the most insane endgame grinds- I've tried them both as an adult with a guide pulled up on my phone and gave up, I have no idea how anyone did it back in the day. Adderall had just been released to the public, maybe?
Skill issue. Simply receive one of the ultra rare drops for goofy's shield the first time you kill a big shield guy.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

That DICK! posted:

i had a gamefaqs FFX guide i printed and i accidentally scrolled to a page that i thought spoiled the ending, where 'the fayth give tidus a new life and he comes back and everybody is happy' and i was mad watching the ending waiting for him to come back and he didnt, i checked the guide back and that section was called 'here is how i would have ended things'. fucker got me twice!

Lol that rules. The author’s ending is way worse than the real one though.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RyokoTK posted:

I’m almost done with Yakuza 4. I feel like the story would be tighter and more fun if it was just Akiyama and Tanimura. Bosses are a little bit of a pain but the game isn’t bad except Nair can gently caress off!!!

Tanimura sucks!!!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Tanimura sucks!!!

YOU suck!!!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Tanimura sucks!!!

I’ll peacock your mom!!!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I havent paid close attention to forums drama for like a month now. What the absolute gently caress is going on with this site lmfao

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Control Volume posted:

I havent paid close attention to forums drama for like a month now. What the absolute gently caress is going on with this site lmfao

ok, well, where to start. how familiar are you with somethingawful's deeply ingrained steampunk realdoll roleplay discord culture

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

Terrible Opinions posted:

Skill issue. Simply receive one of the ultra rare drops for goofy's shield the first time you kill a big shield guy.

And now drop rates within drop rates awaits you.

TheMightyBoops posted:

Lol that rules. The author’s ending is way worse than the real one though.

Isn't that literally how FFX2 ends

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Control Volume posted:

The politics forum rules

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

That DICK! posted:

ok, well, where to start. how familiar are you with somethingawful's deeply ingrained steampunk realdoll roleplay discord culture

It all started on a thread about post-soviet disotechque culture

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Control Volume posted:

have you ever used Microsoft Excel?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Control Volume posted:

its a good website

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

Control Volume posted:

They finally deleted GBS I think. Idk haven't checked.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

[le sigh] Time to upgrade to a bigger hard drive I guess

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
The 'grass snake' thing just tickles me because that's one of the three kinds of snake we have in the UK. Grass snakes.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Tanimura sucks!!!

Tanimura haters refuse to acknowledge how cool it is that his taunt is just shooting his gun into the air

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I will give Tanimura props for two things

1. essence of combos alone makes his playstyle bearable once you unlock it

2. you can persuade a guy not to jump off a roof to his death by throwing him off

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

KittenJucerSupreme posted:

Isn't that literally how FFX2 ends

That’s cold, because I was planning on playing that one day.

Edit: retroactively making your good decisions moot by reading a gamefaq sounds like a very SE choice though.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 20, 2023

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
i had a big list of how to unlock Pikablu, Nidogod, Charcoal and more

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
deserves a crosspost

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Zero_Grade posted:

People would print all kinds of poo poo when I worked in the main computer lab in undergrad, because they didn't charge per page back then.

The most memorable one was when I was refilling a printer that had just run out and I realized it had been printing the entire script for Gladiator, except it was in notepad and like quintuple spaced, so there were maybe ten lines per page.

I took advantage of the free undergrad printing and I printed off entire gamefaqs walkthroughs for Final Fantasy 5 and 6 and Chrono Trigger. Staggering back to my dorm under the weight of 900 pages of jrpg guide

Edit: I have a poo poo ton of 90s game magazines on my shelf, I've taken pics of some and will upload them

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

That DICK! posted:

lol owned bitch

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
stopping in the middle of walkthrough to rank all the hottest babes in final fantasy before continuing like nothing happened

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

TheMightyBoops posted:

That’s cold, because I was planning on playing that one day.

I mean sorry, but also the game is literally 20 years old now lol. Jefferey of YOSPOS- I demand that you refund the money SPR used to buy avatars to get this poverty stricken goon a PS2 and copy of FFX2 as the start of a community outreach program to supply goons with Final Fantasy sequels.

TheSwizzler posted:

deserves a crosspost

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006