Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Cross is a good LT.

I picked him #1 in this podcast last year, I agree.

EmbryoSteve posted:

Seattle trades down for what? To pick more o line when the defense is a trash fire AND WITH ANDERSON RIGHT THERE???

Yeah pretty dumb and bad.

lol I should share this with Seattle fans on twitter for more posts like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can guarantee you the Packers will not draft Zay Flowers in the first. Especially not with Mayer, Kincaid, and Wright still on the board, all 3 of which have had top-30 visits with Green Bay.

Flowers is wildly far outside the Packers' minimum size requirements.

Counterpoint. The Packers drafting a receiver in the first and then immediately trading Rodgers is the funniest outcome.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I really don't see a single one of the twitchy slot guys being a valid first rounder this year at least historically from how GMs tend to pick them. Out of all of them only really JSN and Tyler Scott can line up outside and be a threat. Also blows my mind that they're getting listed above Hyatt and Johnston. The entire league wants guys who can get behind zones super quick and Hyatt is better at that than anyone in the draft by a large margin. Johnston is a project but if everyone is clamoring for Tee Higgins' free agency then they have to want Johnston too. Identical players.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Mock does not have AR going to Seattle. Absolutely inexcusable. Fire those responsible straight into the sun.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

The mock from my podcast yesterday if anyone cares. There were a couple trades.

Mims was a reach. Seattle taking Broderick Jones when they have Charles Cross is questionable.

I'd like to know what the hell the Bucs got to completely move out of the first while the Chiefs still retained #31.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
I like how The Athletic Football Podcast has basically painted this year's draft as "If it's CJ Stroud at #1: Everything can be pretty predictable" or "If it's Bryce Young at #1: CHAOS"

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

1 week to go: then we will find out if it is order or if it is chaos

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

One week to go until we find out if Seattle's savior is arriving out if they're going to wander the desert crying out in thirst for another generation.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

kiimo posted:

lol I should share this with Seattle fans on twitter for more posts like this

I think they would be most troubled by the Commanders picking up Pete Carrol with that trade up to #5

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

the trades were verified through a trade simulator but as soon as I get what was actually traded I'll let you know. I was drinking and not involved in the trades lol

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can guarantee you the Packers will not draft Zay Flowers in the first. Especially not with Mayer, Kincaid, and Wright still on the board, all 3 of which have had top-30 visits with Green Bay.

Flowers is wildly far outside the Packers' minimum size requirements.

Exactly this. The Packers don't draft short. I really hope we land Kincaid/Mayer or BPA OT.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

kiimo posted:

The mock from my podcast yesterday if anyone cares. There were a couple trades.

Mims was a reach. Seattle taking Broderick Jones when they have Charles Cross is questionable.

sorry for me being dumb but what is column 4? Team Needs?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

kiimo posted:

the trades were verified through a trade simulator but as soon as I get what was actually traded I'll let you know. I was drinking and not involved in the trades lol

I was just joking about it looking like the last column didn't get updated for at least that trade

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

bows1 posted:

sorry for me being dumb but what is column 4? Team Needs?

yes.

Not dumb, I didn't explain it at all.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Team needs for the team originally in that pick. Same as the coaches.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

oh poo poo yeah after the trades those weren't updated.

This is a debacle this stuff is tedious lol maybe I should be kinder to bad mocks

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

kiimo posted:

oh poo poo yeah after the trades those weren't updated.

This is a debacle this stuff is tedious lol maybe I should be kinder to bad mocks

VLOOKUP

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

XLOOKUP the new hotness

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

No Butt Stuff posted:

XLOOKUP the new hotness

:emptyquote:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

IFERROR(VLOOKUP(a2,VLOOKUP!A:E,5,0),"")

No, I don't have poo poo like this all over my work, why do you ask? :ninja:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Had surgery and couldn't quite complete my top 100 this year so here's my top 75. Will try to get the last 25 done before the draft but I Don't Feel Like It.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16iNzH-jSmheg0_TeD2Owe4ynV2yzvDJX8N8a6rE0-RA/edit?usp=sharing

Have fun

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

No Butt Stuff posted:

XLOOKUP the new hotness

Oh babey

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

Had surgery and couldn't quite complete my top 100 this year so here's my top 75. Will try to get the last 25 done before the draft but I Don't Feel Like It.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16iNzH-jSmheg0_TeD2Owe4ynV2yzvDJX8N8a6rE0-RA/edit?usp=sharing

Have fun

I think you put the Levis notes in the Anthony Richardson slot

And where are the Top 10 punter rankings

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sataere posted:

Ahh, but imagine RPOs with Fields and Bijan? Who do you defend?

Note, I have not gotten a single Bears fan to agree with me on this. :v:

I thought of you. Watch the pain at :45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIxYkEYo9Xk

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Chiefs are gonna trade up and take Broderick Jones I can feel it in my waters

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w649VE3ZCcQ

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hey this time next week we'll all be posting about how slow the picks are.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
poo poo I'm just happy I'll be done actively watching by 8:30 for once.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is floating around Reddit and Twitter. Not seen confirmation yet.

https://twitter.com/shanephallam/status/1649377768067457027?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Stroud Vince Young'd it.

https://twitter.com/amicsta/status/1649381152661073920?s=20

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 21, 2023

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol that an NFL executive dropped a "Name one Ohio State QB that's ever done it in the league." like it was useful predictive analysis.

how the hell are these people in charge of anything

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
We all know how unerringly predictive standardized testing is

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

lol that an NFL executive dropped a "Name one Ohio State QB that's ever done it in the league." like it was useful predictive analysis.

This reminds me of a GM way the hell back when predicting who would be the first overall pick sight unseen 30 years in the future and saying 'Notre Dame's QB.'

I believe this was in the era of Ron Powlus which makes that even better. I want to look it up but that would involve reading through 30 year old Peter King columns and I just don't have it in me.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Pretty cool that a grifter "cognitive ability" vendor has managed to dupe enough executives to affect the fates of multiple NFL franchises.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm sure there are multiple owners who asked their FO if ChatGPT can help in the draft.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I like how this metric seemingly has no bearing on how good players are before the NFL. Quick thinking not a useful skill in caveman amateur football

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I'm sure there are multiple owners who asked their FO if ChatGPT can help in the draft.

And I wonder how many people got fired for (correctly) saying no.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ehud posted:

Reading those Bob McGinn profiles where he quotes NFL personnel guys is sobering because it's clear a lot of them are dumb loving weirdos.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If Stroud drops to the 5-10 range, the NFL is broken. I'd want the Jets to trade up even with Rodgers in the queue.
https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1649402971191652352

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

deranged anger about what ifs is when you know the draft is ripe and ready to be watched. just a few days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
I'm sure this test stuff is just smokescreen BS to get dumb teams to pass on Stroud.