Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah Majors is probably not gonna be with Marvel now.

John Boyega should be the replacement because he's awesome and not a garbage person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

John Boyega should be the replacement because he's awesome and not a garbage person

The rumors are Damson Idris. Too bad the MCU Spoiler Reddit is gone.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

He was being represented by Tom Haverford and Jean-Ralphio?

Nah, just Jean-Ralphio, so only half as much rotation.

( TBF that agency is probably what P&R were mocking with that bit)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

:hmmyes:

Disney owe Boyega for the terrible way he was treated during Star Wars. They gave Oscar Isaac a whole series all to himself, they could give Boyega a leading villain role easily.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The dude who played Dr Manhattan in the HBO Series. He's already blue!!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shageletic posted:

The dude who played Dr Manhattan in the HBO Series. He's already blue!!!

They already cast him as Wonder Man.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Arist posted:

They already cast him as Wonder Man.

Wonder Man is a heroic Kang variant. Done.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Seems increasingly likely that another shoe is gonna drop re:Majors.

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1648443371537727492?s=46&t=vHCQymUfA8QgltN6y1_sjA

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Joe Fisto posted:

Wonder Man is a heroic Kang variant. Done.

my only problem with this is that i don't trust disney to have the restraint to not frame it as being the redemptive power of being a hollywood movie star

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

OnimaruXLR posted:

my only problem with this is that i don't trust disney to have the restraint to not frame it as being the redemptive power of being a hollywood movie star

If they make it about how hard it is to BE an actor it could even be Oscar bait!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The Wonder Man production would have absolutely no power of influence over the projects Kang is involved in.

That being said I’m sure there are plenty of other talented folks they could audition. I actually would just love it if Disney condemned the actions and used it to offer resources for others in violent situations and didn’t care at all to write in why it’s someone else.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

e: actually, can't find a better source for this

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

New rumors are Adam Driver is gonna be Reed. That would be great if true.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Driver would somehow equally be as cool playing Reed, Ben, or Doom.

Maybe even Sue, I dunno.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

New rumors are Adam Driver is gonna be Reed. That would be great if true.

Then they really should cast Boyega as Kang.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

live with fruit posted:

Then they really should cast Boyega as Kang.

Daisy Ridley as Sue!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Daisy Ridley as Sue!

As in Mary?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Lobok posted:

As in Mary?

Literally can’t see her training

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOb15GVFZxU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Lobok posted:

As in Mary?

:jerkbag:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jerking off an invisible dick? I think you've got that backwards.

(I also don't care enough about Rey to think she is/isn't a Mary Sue)

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
and there's the other shoe dropping

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1648810996226756608

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Whoever you cast, Marvel, please don’t make me learn what silly stuff Star Wars fans argue about. I’ve made it this far.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only thing Star Trek and Star Wars fans agree on is that any woman they don’t like is a Mary Sue.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Aphrodite posted:

The only thing Star Trek and Star Wars fans agree on is that any woman they don’t like is a Mary Sue.

It is the oldest and most tired criticism of literally any woman who comes within a mile of their precious legacy characters and has more than one line of dialogue.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Which is hilarious considering how much of fantasy is chosen one dudes.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Lobok posted:

Driver would somehow equally be as cool playing Reed, Ben, or Doom.

Maybe even Sue, I dunno.

Johnny will be an almost unknown who will have his career watched with an insane amount of scrutiny.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always imagined Daisy Ridley as Psylock. The early/current one who doesn't have weird race changing things going on.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I always imagined Daisy Ridley as Psylock. The early/current one who doesn't have weird race changing things going on.

I just watched a Nando v. Movies video where he explains the full history of the two women who have been known as Psylock and it is such a twisty and turny Pepe Silvia corkboard of retcons and brain swaps and body swaps and faked deaths and personality overrides and secret psychic imprints that it seems like an "Okay so Marvel managed to explain its way around the weird racist poo poo such that it kinda sorta never happened but my god at what cost" type scenario.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Honestly, wouldn't hate that.

SlimGoodbody posted:

I just watched a Nando v. Movies video where he explains the full history of the two women who have been known as Psylock and it is such a twisty and turny Pepe Silvia corkboard of retcons and brain swaps and body swaps and faked deaths and personality overrides and secret psychic imprints that it seems like an "Okay so Marvel managed to explain its way around the weird racist poo poo such that it kinda sorta never happened but my god at what cost" type scenario.

Eh, it's not too complicated, at least as far as X-Men retcons are concerned. She was physically changed as part of a weird scheme by The Hand, which would have been temporary except the Jim Lee redesign exploded in popularity. Then Fabian Nicieza accidentally retconned it into a body swap after misreading the previous comics, creating the character Kwannon who was stuck in Psylock's original body. It was only recently that they regained their original forms, with Betsy Braddock giving up the Psylock name to Kwannon, and instead taking on her brother's previous role as Captain Britain.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

SlimGoodbody posted:

The very first episode of Cerebro is betsy!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4NbGL92c2NjzA8JNUBJVzo?si=A7QzA9v0Tai0vrXIOW2Khg

Kwannon is episode 73

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7Ixv16UPdRGJZ3z6UCD206?si=cbe9e42202004770

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Disney Plus is getting some of the Sony movies. Tomorrow they're adding the Raimi movies and the Amazing duo. Then May 12th they're adding Homecoming and Venom with promises that the rest will come later this year.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Disney Plus is getting some of the Sony movies. Tomorrow they're adding the Raimi movies and the Amazing duo. Then May 12th they're adding Homecoming and Venom with promises that the rest will come later this year.

Did Sony have any kind of streaming partner before this, or did they just put stuff anywhere

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, Sony had a deal with Netflix.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Surprised Spider-Verse isn't in the initial stuff but rights stuff, probably.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dawgstar posted:

Surprised Spider-Verse isn't in the initial stuff but rights stuff, probably.

Saving the best for last. :colbert:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Saving the best for last. :colbert:

No announcement of Morbius, unfortunately

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ray Fisher for Kang.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I've got to imagine that Disney's thunderous silence at this point is because they're panicking; they'd have an easy out with "oh, getting the prime version killed made Kang look different", except that Loki Season 2 is already shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
For whatever it's worth, they're not hiding Majors in the promos for Quantumania's DVD release. The money shot is still him screaming and shooting lasers out of his hands or whatever that is.