Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I feel like if the Lions are in a position to draft Caleb, Holmes and Campbell have gotten the sack and we're all a lot more depressed about the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The Lions have gone out of their way to ensure they can basically go BPA with every pick in the draft this year. I'm actually more convinced we're going to see them trading down for additional picks than up for a big get.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MikeCrotch posted:

I feel like if the Lions are in a position to draft Caleb, Holmes and Campbell have gotten the sack and we're all a lot more depressed about the future

You misunderstand, I want them to trade a bajillion picks to move up to 1OA.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Q_res posted:

The Lions have gone out of their way to ensure they can basically go BPA with every pick in the draft this year. I'm actually more convinced we're going to see them trading down for additional picks than up for a big get.

On the other hand, Brad Holmes is the kind of GM that isn't going to simply sit and wait for a guy to fall to him - if he sees a special talent is available and the cost is reasonable, he will pull the trigger (see: Jamo last year). Wherever else happens, I am certain he Lions are going to trade up at least once.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Holmes is a Rams guy. He wants to build this thing through the draft, but once he considers it's built, I'm sure he's gonna go full gently caress Them Picks mode.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

If 4 QBs come off the board and I'm sitting there at 6 with my choice of [Wilson/Anderson]/Carter/Witherspoon/Gonzalez, trading back a few spots would be my first choice, because I haven't interviewed any of these guys and my opinion of them is 90% copy-pasted from whatever some draftniks have been writing and 10% Twitter highlight reels, and it's not my job to think about how those specific humans would fit into the short- and long-term personnel plans of the Detroit Lions. I imagine Holmes & Co. know who Their Guy is, though, and if he's there at 6 they'll pick him and not think twice.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

On the other hand, Brad Holmes is the kind of GM that isn't going to simply sit and wait for a guy to fall to him - if he sees a special talent is available and the cost is reasonable, he will pull the trigger (see: Jamo last year). Wherever else happens, I am certain he Lions are going to trade up at least once.

It seems like drinking the Kool-Aid too much to say there is basically nothing they can do that I wouldn't be excited about, but it's kind of true. If they trade back to get some extra capital next year, cool! If they move up to get a guy that really fits, cool! If they don't do anything and get four starters in the first 50 picks, cool!

But I would be over the moon if they did something like draft Carter at 6 and move up a few spots from 18 to get Witherspoon.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I would be unhappy if they spent the number 6 pick on Tyree Wilson, really don't get the hype and have seen the Lions linked with him. Would be much happier with Carter though understand if pro days and interviews have really put people off him.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ESPN1000/status/1648340669964996609

That sure is a bunch of people already on AM 1000

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

KDdidit posted:

https://twitter.com/ESPN1000/status/1648340669964996609

That sure is a bunch of people already on AM 1000

"Good Karma Brands," what on Earth.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Timby posted:

"Good Karma Brands," what on Earth.

espn 1000 is a poverty station.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Reminder modern cars are phasing out the AM tuner, which is why I’m assuming they have FM stuff now

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Reminder modern cars are phasing out the AM tuner, which is why I’m assuming they have FM stuff now

Wonder how long thatll take. I had an 07 with a tape deck.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

With the transition to EVs I can safely say it won’t take long

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/startkyIeorton/status/1648383423029956614

Lol Lombardi.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

We told everyone Robinson was washed but the Rams didn't want to listen

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1648399812335902722

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Honestly, it is pretty crazy how neck and neck their stats are even when you include rushing

Fields: 5,675 yards; 34 TDs
Mills: 5,934 yards; 35 TDs

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

chrix posted:

I didn't watch too many Bears' games the previous season, and drafted Robinson late in an auction draft for fantasy, then watched a few Rams games when I started him early in the season.

I have never seen a receiver in the prime years of his career struggle so much to get separation.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*points at the empty Draft stage ala the Wrestlemania sign*

Aaron Rodgers has still not been traded to the Jets and the draft is 8 days away.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Is moving up 17 spots in the seventh round just a formality? Geez what a trade.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ZombieCrew posted:

Is moving up 17 spots in the seventh round just a formality? Geez what a trade.

Hey that's 17 Brock purdys

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

HootTheOwl posted:

Hey that's 17 Brock purdys

Once you hit 20, you get a free sandwich

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chrix posted:

lmao robinson will never escape from mitch

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/djdurkin/status/1648502931120091136

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao robinson will never escape from mitch

The Steelers are trying to recreate the 2018 Bears for who knows what reason

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Steelers are trying to recreate the 2018 Bears for who knows what reason

Parkey is available.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1649100457829187584

I'm sorry, the field was WHAT?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Obviously that's why the Lions lost and ultimately missed the playoffs.

Actually, that's a really big sliding doors effect.

Jeff Okudah might literally still be on the team if that game did not happen.

'The Detroit Lions cornerback missed two tackles, was blocked out of a handful of chunk plays that came to his side of the field, plus allowed both passes thrown his way to be completed, including a 47-yard bomb just after halftime. Okudah was benched after that play and finished with just 44 defensive snaps overall, his lightest workload in a game where he was not injured this season.'

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
So it was a little hard big deal. It’s not like they had to play on some grass that was kinda wet.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Nfl and every team in it prove time and time and time and time and time again they just flat out don’t give a poo poo about the players health

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
meh, as long as they don't gently caress up the field royally in a big game, like the Super Bo.... what's that? are you sure? video, sure, let me... oh. Oh.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

You gotta be loving kidding me

Poor Slay

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

What do you mean poor Slay? Dude's a top tier corner on a team that made the superbowl, and the last time he had to deal with Sexual Assault Patricia was as a head coach. The guy is now a "senior defensive assistant." Imagine hating your boss, leaving and seeing your former workplace tank, and a couple years later he gets hired at your successful workplace demoted several ranks.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Poor Slay in the sense he's gotta interact with the dude, regardless of how much or little, who is the entire reason he's on the Eagles to begin with. I dunno, I am perfectly capable of holding onto spite and antipathy for shitbirds in a personal capacity. Hell, if I had to put up with Patricia's poo poo, there's a halfway decent chance I would have pushed for an inclusion in my contract for an auto-trade clause or something if the rear end wipe ever joined the organization

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You can still tell them to cut you and come home, Darius.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Oh no, I get the spite part. What I'm saying is you now get to lord it over that shithead at every opportunity.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hope Slay bullies him off the staff

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Parallelwoody posted:

Oh no, I get the spite part. What I'm saying is you now get to lord it over that shithead at every opportunity.

Why would you not. What are they gonna do? Cut you and force you to kot work with an rear end in a top hat you hate.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

They should. So he can come win the superbowl with the lions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Lions drafting either Christian Gonzalez or Devin Witherspoon at 6, and then either signing or trading for Darius Slay, would be pure filth.

Grab Calijah Kancey at 18 too, Holmes.

Do it.

DO IT.

*flips table*

WHY MUST I WAIT ANOTHER SIX DAYS FOR THE DRAFT? WHYYYYYYY?!?!