Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

We should have more than 5 body types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I don't think Genshin would suddenly have, like, Ganondorf type character designs even if model reuse wasn't a thing.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

While I doubt they'd ever do any of those, someone like Varka should absolutely use the buff blacksmith/eremite bodytype and not the usual twink playable dudes are.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

As much as I'd love the game going offline to update the engine, it certainly won't be happening.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They already have various-sized NPC human models with skeletons and rigging and such. Sure it would take some effort to go through character mocap and tweak those models to support it, but that's not something which should require a full engine update.

Though TBH if an engine update would allow that and high framerate on pc and dark mode for the UI, totally worth it.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

sushibandit posted:

They already have various-sized NPC human models with skeletons and rigging and such. Sure it would take some effort to go through character mocap and tweak those models to support it, but that's not something which should require a full engine update.

Though TBH if an engine update would allow that and high framerate on pc and dark mode for the UI, totally worth it.

you can just say you want playable rana and jeht, it's okay, we all feel the same way

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Is there any reason I shouldn't convert character ascension materials from their lower forms to speed up ascending characters, EG: Nagadus Emerald Sliver to Nagudas Emerald Fragment? I'm trying to catch Kuku and Nahida up to the rest of my team after picking them up.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Nosthula posted:

Is there any reason I shouldn't convert character ascension materials from their lower forms to speed up ascending characters, EG: Nagadus Emerald Sliver to Nagudas Emerald Fragment? I'm trying to catch Kuku and Nahida up to the rest of my team after picking them up.

No, definitely do that instead of praying for drops. Hell, if you have a ton of one type you're not using, turn those into something more useful too. There isn't terribly much benefit to stockpiling that sort of thing, since you don't get new characters all that often.

Unrelatedly, was nahida's lamp the really awful ⭐︎5 catalyst? I've now got one, and I assume it's better for her than whatever the ⭐︎5 catalyst with crit rate is.
:/ Still want nilou's sword, or at least another xiphos for her……

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Zenostein posted:

No, definitely do that instead of praying for drops. Hell, if you have a ton of one type you're not using, turn those into something more useful too. There isn't terribly much benefit to stockpiling that sort of thing, since you don't get new characters all that often.

Unrelatedly, was nahida's lamp the really awful ⭐︎5 catalyst? I've now got one, and I assume it's better for her than whatever the ⭐︎5 catalyst with crit rate is.

Nahida's lamp is good on her, just no one else and like Kagura's is competative. It's niche but nowhere near as good on her as say Nilou's sword is on her for being similarly niche.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the only good part of windblume was cyno's dad jokes and tighnari wanting to kill him for it

cyno wanting to commission albedo for his card sleeves was also fun

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zenostein posted:

Nahida's lamp is good on her but the issue is there's a lot of good EM catalysts plus stuff like Fav, so even if you're metagaming there's little reason to roll for it. If you bumped into it, its good on her.

It's also good on Sucrose just because its the highest EM statstick in the game and EM is all sucrose really cares about.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Shinji2015 posted:

She was good in Windblume once it was just her and Collei, but they really need to edit her lines better
Once I started reading the lore some characters became a lot more endearing, Fischl especially but I'm glad Sucrose picked up a TCG and found a friend in Collei too

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

Once I started reading the lore some characters became a lot more endearing, Fischl especially but I'm glad Sucrose picked up a TCG and found a friend in Collei too

i smile every time fischl breaks character

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

UHD posted:

i smile every time fischl breaks character
Fischl acting like a spoiled princess and Oz apologizing for it is also pretty funny. Poor Fischl just wanted to LARP and got bullied for it so the gods sent her a vision and Oz and then she just became one the most competent member of the Adventure's Guild in Mondstat

e: also Mona and Fischl are so fun together, Fischl is just so upset that she got fleeced by an astronomer who inherited a nice house and she's pissed about it especially when Oz is like "hey get back in character" and Fischl is still so irritated that her LARPing sounds sarcastic

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 21, 2023

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

Zenostein posted:

Awesome thanks. That saves a significant amount of farming for these low levels. I got Nahida but hadn't gotten to removed the barrier to get to the Dendro Hypostate until last night and I probably could have converted materials instead of frantically rushing to finish Inazuma and the Chasm to fully unlock Sumeru.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Eimi posted:

Nahida's lamp is good on her, just no one else and like Kagura's is competative. It's niche but nowhere near as good on her as say Nilou's sword is on her for being similarly niche.

Endorph posted:

Nahida's lamp is good on her but the issue is there's a lot of good EM catalysts plus stuff like Fav, so even if you're metagaming there's little reason to roll for it. If you bumped into it, its good on her.

It's also good on Sucrose just because its the highest EM statstick in the game and EM is all sucrose really cares about.

Alright, good. I just vaguely recall there being a catalyst that was actually kinda awful for whoever it was 'meant' for — probably kokomi or yae?

I'm sure nahida will look great with her lamp in the 3 instances the game shows her with a catalyst in months, when I can actually afford to level it up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Everlasting Moonglow is pretty eh on Kokomi because if you're trying to make her do damage you're better off going with an EM build with Nilou in the party and if you're using her as a support Thrilling Tales is leagues better. Even if you are using her as an autoattack DPS thrilling tales is often more damage overall. That's probably what you were thinking of.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Zenostein posted:

I just vaguely recall there being a catalyst that was actually kinda awful for whoever it was 'meant' for — probably kokomi or yae?
Koko definitely. Yae's catalyst is very good on her, same with Scara. Nahida's isn't strictly needed but it's obviously quite nice, buffs the whole party too, and Sucruse can benefit from it if you don't have Nahida.

Baizhu's signature is looking very similar to Koko's in terms of stats and functionality and skippability. Hell, they do almost exactly the same thing. That's kind of funny.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Catalysts generally have great f2p options that getting their weapon is rarely a buff outside of the DPS ones like scaramouche.

And Nahida specifically, because she literally only cares about one stat, is easy to build and just give her whatever. Some even give her Fav codex just because she doesn't really need anything else and free energy is always good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

catalyst characters are generally supports. thrilling tales is so good that its hard for any support option to be leagues better than it.

for the dps catalysts, widsith exists.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

catalyst characters are generally supports. thrilling tales is so good that its hard for any support option to be leagues better than it.

for the dps catalysts, widsith exists.

on the other hand, lost prayer makes wanderer slightly more zoomy

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Now I have C4 Jean, C4 Qiqi, C3 Mona, C2 Diluc

And no Keqing. WTF game?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kokomi's donut is good because it looks like a donut.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

And no Keqing. WTF game?

I have a C5 Diluc, various other bullshit, still no Mona.

Should probably build Diluc one day but eh... pyro.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Who is Qiqi? Who is Diluc? These are mythical beasts to me that I'm pretty sure don't actually exist.

(I have all five other Standard five stars at this point)

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

And no Keqing. WTF game?

Same. c4 Mona, c4 Jean, c3 Diluc, c2 Keqing, c1 Tighnari, no Qiqi.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
C6 keqing, c0 Dehya, c2 tighnari, c5 jean, c1 mona, c0 qiqi, no Diluc.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
C1 Qiqi and Tighnari, C0 Keqing, Diluc and Mona. No Jean. I'll win that 1-in-14 someday.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I had C4 Mona, C4 Qiqi, C2 Keqing, C1 Diluc, and even C1 Tighnari before I got Jean.

But I did get her. Keep the faith.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

fischl talk gives me an excuse to repost one of my favorite little lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvYKhdYg65c

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Japanese doesn't get the gratuitous German surprisingly, but Oz is excellent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-0YnasiAG8

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Eimi posted:

Japanese doesn't get the gratuitous German surprisingly, but Oz is excellent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-0YnasiAG8

That does sound excellent.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

C0 Jean, C0 Tighnari, C1 Mona, C1 Keqing, C2 Qiqi, C3 Diluc
I didn't get Dehya on her banner because the loudest players in the world who take pyschic damage when a new character comes out and they aren't top of the OP charts and don't have the Triforce of Power, all the Infinity Stones and all 3 Egyptian God Cards.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think the most disappointing aspect of Dehya for me is, surprisingly, the voice acting. The voice acting isn't bad, per se, but I just feel like the EN VA is just a little... bland? I hate being critical like that, but it just feels a little lacking.

I think about my favorite overall character, Beidou, and I feel like her VA just conveys a lot more personality.

This is a weird way to describe it, but I feel like Dehya has NPC voice.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Are we posting standard banner suffering? Please just stop giving me diluc, hoyo, I don't use diluc. I don't ever plan on using diluc. Give me more jean, or keqing, or even tighnari ffs.

Mordiceius posted:

I think the most disappointing aspect of Dehya for me is, surprisingly, the voice acting. The voice acting isn't bad, per se, but I just feel like the EN VA is just a little... bland? I hate being critical like that, but it just feels a little lacking.
Her JP VA is great at least.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

c1 Diluc, c1 Keqing, c0 Mona, c2 Qiqi, c0 Tighnari, missing Dehya and Jean. Quite want Jean, but alas. The game knows that.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wenutslayer

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I know the Gacha formula is to be exploitative but I wish the standard banner at least had an Epitomized Path that pointed it towards Character vs Weapon at the least.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

She's is just not feelin' this whole combat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I know the Gacha formula is to be exploitative but I wish the standard banner at least had an Epitomized Path that pointed it towards Character vs Weapon at the least.

If the rumors of 3 banners per patch are true, I wonder if we'll see standards appearing on character banners.