Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
3LP is really nice. It'll let you snag 3 extra stats from a good purple if you find one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

TeaJay posted:

Thanks for your tips! I feel like I'm still at a point where I'm taking a lot of new stuff in. I have been clearing monoliths and working my way towards the end, skipping the few mentioned for now, but I will return to them later. I've "reset" a few by killing the Shade but I haven't gone back to them yet, so I don't know how hard the corruption will be on entry level. But like I said I have been working towards unlocking the empowered versions even though I feel like I'm woefully underleveled for them. The fact that the armor I'm using doesn't have health regen makes things a bit dangerous but if I really start dying because of it, I'll switch it out.

This is the build I've been following and building towards:

https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/the-blender-2-0

It is pretty simple but I wanted a simple build to begin with since this is basically the first game of this kind I have played more than a few hours (if you don't count some Lost Ark?). Basically I'm staying in warpath and popping up Anomaly to boost my damage and get Sigils of fire out when I remember. I still have a lot of passives I haven't managed to fill, and leveling is quite slow at this point.

For some reason I've noticed that the stat page doesn't seem to update things like crit chance; I have some in my gear but the chance stays at 8% in the stats.

Here are some pics of my current gear at level 76. Been trying to read about stats I should be looking for, but some of the crafting is still quite overwhelming too, for example, I probably have an idea of what maybe 1-2 of the runes actually do.

https://imgur.com/a/euuVOpw

How does multiplayer work in the game? I have a friend who pretty soon will reach monolith stage, so we might run some together. Do both get the same rewards and clear?

I think Locator covered gear pretty well already, but I'll add a few things - I think your hat could be a lot better, that's a great base but I'd try to look for a useful class prefix or two and %health. Vitality's also a fine option. I'm certain you can craft a better bone amulet as soon as one with some potential drops. As much as I like class affixes, Titan Heart is a totally fine chest, and you get enough free leech that the downside is pretty negligible imo. Go check out a low tier Sanctum and throw a mod on your Siphon if you have an exalted ring you can toss in. Bronze Belt is one of the best bases, but I would try to look for ailment cleansing, hybrid health, health and a damage prefix. Rings are also a place to fit in more crit mods or damage prefixes, you could put both on that Ivory and hope to get lucky with Glyph of Hope, maybe look to reroll the poison res too. Good base on boot, Vitality's great for you, look for movespeed as a prefix and hybrid health and those would be great.

As far as crafting, I also Glyph of Chaos spam good bases with a couple mods I like - generally you can look for good bases with say, two affixes you want for your build. If there's an affix in a slot you don't want, I try to chaos into a useful 3rd affix. If they drop with open affixes, you can Glyph of Hope instead, pick the mods/shards you want to add. I think the Runes are have good tooltips for what they do, but Shattering returns a random number of shards from all of the affixes - Removal removes a single affix but returns all of the shards for it. Shaping rerolls the implicit mod if you get, say, a Bone Amulet with good mods but a low resist roll on the implicit. Refinement rerolls all the affix tiers, you can hold alt to see the range for the current tiers. Glyph of Despair aren't all that common, but lets you seal an affix as a 5th mod which can be great. The chances drop substantially the higher the tier of the mod you try to seal though.

Dummy is great for testing as mentioned too, the arena town has a few different ones to use.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Thanks for the comments I picked it up and have been trying it out and so I think I like it. Its nice not to lose my mouse!

Whoa. Useless for my sorc but IIRC this ring is good for other builds and this rolled highish on affixes with 3 LP.... :stare:

sick

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Hauki posted:

I think Locator covered gear pretty well already, but I'll add a few things

Hey, thanks for the tips again! My gear updates pretty fast and I've been trying to read up on useful stats and take note of what you guys have adviced. I haven't been able to get the kind of gear I want for all slots / the right stats yet, though, but at least that's something to try for. Here's a small update on what I'm wearing now (I could use to top my physical resistance off, but it's at the cap when I'm spinning, as in, always) I do think I could use some more vitality/health for sure.

https://imgur.com/a/uj7L9IM

Currently I'm trying to figure out how to process empowered monoliths. So far I've been trying to clear some of them to get good blessings and also kill the Shade when I can to have a chance for some good loot / up the corruption.

Legendary crafting is something I haven't done really done at all, most I've had is LP of 2 but I'm still a bit unsure what kind of items I can use or should use for the crafting. If I understood correctly, the LP of the unique determines how many affixes from the exalted item will be copied into the new item, but which ones will transfer is random? And you lose the exalted item in the process?

Also, how does the item level come into play? If I have a low-level, say, level 20 unique with 2 LP, will the end product legendary also be a low level 20 item? Or does the level come from the exalted?

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I'm enjoying playing a necro so far, I'm only level 41 though. I have just been focusing entirely on having as many minions out as I possibly can at any one time, figuring that that would probably at the very least work to level with. Have only died one time, at level 39. So it seems to be working. SKELETONS!!!!!!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

teemolover42069 posted:

I'm enjoying playing a necro so far, I'm only level 41 though. I have just been focusing entirely on having as many minions out as I possibly can at any one time, figuring that that would probably at the very least work to level with. Have only died one time, at level 39. So it seems to be working. SKELETONS!!!!!!
You should try the bone golem out for size, too. There's only one of it (unless you take a specific node but there's also another node which I think gives you bigger bonuses for NOT taking that node) and it's an absolute shitwrecker.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Zereth posted:

You should try the bone golem out for size, too. There's only one of it (unless you take a specific node but there's also another node which I think gives you bigger bonuses for NOT taking that node) and it's an absolute shitwrecker.

There's also a (fairly rare) chestpiece that gives you more golems depending on your maximum number of skeletons. :)

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Zereth posted:

I do have that, I have a blood golem and a bone golem. I might have to gently caress around and respec a bit to get the most out of it though, but respeccing skills is such a pain in the rear end that I am just going with it for now. All skeletal archers and mages though, gently caress warriors all my homies hate warriors

I'm specced into skeletons(archers), golem, wraiths(instant spawning 4 atm) and rip blood currently. I think I will need to change it up because i think rip blood isn't doing that much for me but like I said, it's such a pain to respec skills, and also I chew through everything regardless so even if it's not optimal it's plenty good enough for now

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I haven't played in a little bit but I think I was specced into skeletons(everything), a single pyre golem with the node to make it better if there's only one golem which seemed like a better result than the "two golems but they do slightly more than half damage" one, skeleton mages (pyromancers), permanent wraiths with the flame wratih node and some idols for it, and bone curse (with the node to make vanguards). Respeccing gets easier the higher level you are, or more specifically, the higher level the enemies you're killing are so you get XP so they catch up faster. (Your level also increases the minimum level and gives it accelerated XP to a point after that but it seems to be the scaling of incoming XP that's the real big factor.)

But the first time I saw the bone golem just jump like 40 feet to instantly kill an entire pack of enemies when it landed I unspecialized something to specialize in it instead. :black101:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

For what it’s worth, respecs are much faster at higher levels - if you run an xp node in an empowered monolith, then respec before popping the tomes it’s basically instant.

TeaJay posted:

Hey, thanks for the tips again! My gear updates pretty fast and I've been trying to read up on useful stats and take note of what you guys have adviced. I haven't been able to get the kind of gear I want for all slots / the right stats yet, though, but at least that's something to try for. Here's a small update on what I'm wearing now (I could use to top my physical resistance off, but it's at the cap when I'm spinning, as in, always) I do think I could use some more vitality/health for sure.

https://imgur.com/a/uj7L9IM

Currently I'm trying to figure out how to process empowered monoliths. So far I've been trying to clear some of them to get good blessings and also kill the Shade when I can to have a chance for some good loot / up the corruption.

Legendary crafting is something I haven't done really done at all, most I've had is LP of 2 but I'm still a bit unsure what kind of items I can use or should use for the crafting. If I understood correctly, the LP of the unique determines how many affixes from the exalted item will be copied into the new item, but which ones will transfer is random? And you lose the exalted item in the process?

Also, how does the item level come into play? If I have a low-level, say, level 20 unique with 2 LP, will the end product legendary also be a low level 20 item? Or does the level come from the exalted?

I’m on mobile and the album isn’t loading for me rn so I’ll check that later. One thing to be aware of with empowered monos is there’s a catch-up mechanic with corruption. In short, the higher corruption your other monos, the quicker it’ll go up in your current one. Also the further you push into it, the more corruption you’ll get from a reset.

As far as LP, yep, you have it right. The required level of the unique will go up to the minimum required for whatever affixes were added to it so far as I understand. It doesn’t just take the exalted’s level requirement. Item level itself mostly comes into play with the dungeon tiers - each tier has a item level cap for the unique you can put in.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

There is a node that gives you leech off the Golem's attacks, I think its called Hunger. That one is really good for helping keep you alive, especially if you focus on making the golem attack fast.

Working through empowered monoliths, picking up useful Grand Blessings. Its amazing how picking up resistance and crit avoid blessings can help things dramatically. Now if only I could get decent base items to drop. Seriously, bone amulets just don't seem to exist, even after I made my filter slightly more lenient.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Zereth posted:

I haven't played in a little bit but I think I was specced into skeletons(everything), a single pyre golem with the node to make it better if there's only one golem which seemed like a better result than the "two golems but they do slightly more than half damage" one, skeleton mages (pyromancers), permanent wraiths with the flame wratih node and some idols for it, and bone curse (with the node to make vanguards). Respeccing gets easier the higher level you are, or more specifically, the higher level the enemies you're killing are so you get XP so they catch up faster. (Your level also increases the minimum level and gives it accelerated XP to a point after that but it seems to be the scaling of incoming XP that's the real big factor.)

But the first time I saw the bone golem just jump like 40 feet to instantly kill an entire pack of enemies when it landed I unspecialized something to specialize in it instead. :black101:

i have the talent that makes the golems heal themselves and me when they hit, and that's on-hit rather than scales with damage so having two seemed like it might be good for that. but I don't think I really need any more healing, idk so it's one of the things on the chopping block when I do respec.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Rip blood is for taking the "damage minions not bad guys" node and spamming it on your bone golem so he's throwing spikes everywhere

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

teemolover42069 posted:

all minions worked for me until empowered mono's then it started to show cracks.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm currently nearing my limit at empowered Rahyeh, it seems like everything he does oneshots me. Plus it's always such a chore losing the stability and having to do an echo or two between attempts (especially when you die very fast in the fight).

e: complaining always helps (but I didn't get any of the good blessings I wanted). Definitely the toughest boss fight so far.

Also, I get nothing but Siphon of Anguish from Shade of Orobyss, I must have like 7-8 or them by now, I literally have not got anything else from those fights.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 13, 2023

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.

Draynar posted:

all minions worked for me until empowered mono's then it started to show cracks.

This is my experience as well, at empowered monos the split damage types ends up being more problematic, e.g., you're running mages (necrotic, fire, or cold) but the archers are mostly physical with the occasional fire/cold arrow if you spec'd that. Then the golem is also mostly physical. So if you focus minion/minion physical, your mages will be weak and vice versa. You also end up having to split your passive point allocation between the damage types and overall it leaves you weaker both defensively and offensively. Like most builds, it's best to pick a single damage type and really stack the mods. I've got a 97 necro running ice mages (5x, not single)/golem at 200 corruption so far and it's a breeze!

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

King Cocoa Butter posted:

This is my experience as well, at empowered monos the split damage types ends up being more problematic, e.g., you're running mages (necrotic, fire, or cold) but the archers are mostly physical with the occasional fire/cold arrow if you spec'd that. Then the golem is also mostly physical. So if you focus minion/minion physical, your mages will be weak and vice versa. You also end up having to split your passive point allocation between the damage types and overall it leaves you weaker both defensively and offensively. Like most builds, it's best to pick a single damage type and really stack the mods. I've got a 97 necro running ice mages (5x, not single)/golem at 200 corruption so far and it's a breeze!

is there somewhere I can peep what build you use for this exactly?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I have found the stupidest thing ever on my Sorcerer.

This water detonates my static orbs immediately. Other projectiles are fine, but my static orb explodes immediately, meaning I can only hurt enemies at point blank and mostly only by using the tendrils that come out.

I get it, lightning, water, but C'MOOOONNNNNN! :argh:

I can shoot OVER the water, while standing on the rare bits of land, but I can't shoot while IN the water...

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 13, 2023

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.

teemolover42069 posted:

is there somewhere I can peep what build you use for this exactly?

This build planner link has the ideal-ish setup for ice mages using low life. You cast the (non-killing) death shroud on one of your five mages since they're the primary damage while the golem taunts and tanks. Otherwise, it's just a matter of cursing and transplanting occasionally to keep bone armor up. The planner link is almost certainly overcapped on minion crit so it's likely some affixes/idols could be swapped for more defense (idols) or skeleton mage damage (helm, chest LP affix) or something instead. For reference, I've got an average affix tier of roughly 3.5 on my gear, and no T6s, so complete trash; 1700 hp/268% ward retention leaves me with 3.5k ward. I would expect with something closer to the planner gear you'd have well over 5k ward, possibly in the 7-8k range? The streamer RaizQT ran a similar defensive setup in hardcore with a solo mage and was breaking 10k ward, though that build has guaranteed crit built-in so you can take some more ward-related options on the tree.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Looks like Discord invite doesn't work for me. Does the channel still exist?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Just picked this up this week and I'm trying to understand how skill xp gain works. Once you are past the minimum level for a skill, does each successive level of that skill require more xp to gain it, just like character levels? If so, are these numbers available everywhere?

Say I'm 14 levels into a skill and about half way through the next level. If I respec a point, I lose a level in that skill, dropping down to 13. Does the xp bar reset as well or will I be half way to 14 now instead of halfway to 15? Is the remaining xp to gain a level less than it would be if I hadn't respec'd that point?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lowering a level of a skill will make it level up gaster.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Skill experience gain is relative to your current level, so lower level skills will level up much faster, and there's a soft cap to skill level based on your current level, where they get negligible experience. This becomes pretty obvious when you've stuck with the same skills for a while, since they'll all catch up with each other and hover near the start of their exp bar until your next level.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

bawfuls posted:

Just picked this up this week and I'm trying to understand how skill xp gain works. Once you are past the minimum level for a skill, does each successive level of that skill require more xp to gain it, just like character levels? If so, are these numbers available everywhere?

Say I'm 14 levels into a skill and about half way through the next level. If I respec a point, I lose a level in that skill, dropping down to 13. Does the xp bar reset as well or will I be half way to 14 now instead of halfway to 15? Is the remaining xp to gain a level less than it would be if I hadn't respec'd that point?

Yeah I don't know if it's entirely public, but basically the numbers don't matter much since everything scales based on your character level, as other posters have mentioned. I will say that if you do respec a point in a skill, the relative progress through your current level is maintained, so if the progress bar was 50% full and then you respec to move points around, it'll still be 50% full, and the skill will level back up more quickly.

As you might expect, if you fully despecialize a skill all progress is reset so you would lose any exp you've got, but it will still level back up fairly quickly.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

bobtheconqueror posted:

Yeah I don't know if it's entirely public, but basically the numbers don't matter much since everything scales based on your character level, as other posters have mentioned. I will say that if you do respec a point in a skill, the relative progress through your current level is maintained, so if the progress bar was 50% full and then you respec to move points around, it'll still be 50% full, and the skill will level back up more quickly.

As you might expect, if you fully despecialize a skill all progress is reset so you would lose any exp you've got, but it will still level back up fairly quickly.

It only resets back to your minimum level which increases as you level up. Around level 70 the minimum for a new skill slotted is 10.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

The Locator posted:

It only resets back to your minimum level which increases as you level up. Around level 70 the minimum for a new skill slotted is 10.

Right right, it'll always start at the minimum but if you say despec a skill and spec back into that same skill, any between level exp is lost, unlike removing points.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Why is having a limited amount of shatter runes for sale a thing. What purpose does that serve?

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

bamhand posted:

Why is having a limited amount of shatter runes for sale a thing. What purpose does that serve?

Gameplay wise, probably not much of one, but so long as they have runes as inventory items, it's going to be much easier for them to add a few to the table of things in the shop inventory than to make a new UI element for it. While I don't necessarily think runes and shards need to be inventory items, the devs seem keen on keeping them that way.

Edit: VVVVV Absolutely agreed they could just provide more. 5 guaranteed is probably a good sweet spot. You can always farm them by jumping to different vendors if you feel the need to buy a ton all at once.

bobtheconqueror fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 20, 2023

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
There is so much empty space at the vendor. They could at least guarantee 5 per visit or something. Instead of sometimes getting 0.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I mean, ideally just make shatter cost 2k in the UI. Ezpz.

Shards are a weird thing I got an answer to a while back but it essentially boils down to the fact that they consider them ‘items’ and treat them as such. Really the only time I get excited is when I get one of the ones that guarantees me a unique and that’s because it gives me a unique. I’m simply not going to be excited by a single chance at maybe improving one stat on a single item. But I’m also still absolutely going to pick it up. So it just feels tedious.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Shards should definitely not be treated as items because that is super dumb, but also with the way the shard UI works you'd probably immediately lose track of what you just picked up if they were automatically added to the shard bank. Just seems like a clumsy design overall.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I've never looked at what I picked up, the whole thing is a ui bug

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I got a Shadow Dagger Bladedancer to 80 ish and started empowered stuff. The rate of getting items in this game feels a lot worse than Diablo. At least for this build. I need a Wings of Argentus and that's such a slog to get to. I also have no idea how much corruption I should try to get in order to get a better shot at it.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

You want as much corruption as you can handle basically since it’s a straight up rarity boost. I wish building it was a little faster myself, I’m trying to farm a relic for my Lich and only had it drop once so far from Reign of Dragons. Getting from 100 to 190 corruption took like 4 hours and I’m still able to just mow through everything but it takes a lot of clears to push it higher.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

bamhand posted:

I got a Shadow Dagger Bladedancer to 80 ish and started empowered stuff. The rate of getting items in this game feels a lot worse than Diablo. At least for this build. I need a Wings of Argentus and that's such a slog to get to. I also have no idea how much corruption I should try to get in order to get a better shot at it.

Not even worth farming for imo, at least for shadow daggers. You wear it for the 20% less damage taken, but assuming the rest of your gear is on point you don't really have a problem with defense until your corruption is super high anyways, like higher than is generally recommended for efficient farming. Instead just make a cool chest with sync strike mana efficiently or shadow dagger physical penetration.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
BEEEEEEEES

I love that uniques like this helm and the squirrel helm exist.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Suprfli6 posted:

You want as much corruption as you can handle basically since it’s a straight up rarity boost. I wish building it was a little faster myself, I’m trying to farm a relic for my Lich and only had it drop once so far from Reign of Dragons. Getting from 100 to 190 corruption took like 4 hours and I’m still able to just mow through everything but it takes a lot of clears to push it higher.

But is it worth the effort to spend 4 hours for that one drop or get 4 attempts with one hour runs?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
My understanding is there’s a catch up mechanic on corruption so once you get one area really high the others raise much faster

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

bamhand posted:

But is it worth the effort to spend 4 hours for that one drop or get 4 attempts with one hour runs?

I was building corruption the whole time and I killed the boss that can drop the relic like 7-8 times. The timeline bosses can be fought once you get the stability to 800 or 850 or whatever the threshold is, and you build corruption by doing a Shade echo that resets the web. It's just a little annoying if you have a powerful character or an alt, you need to run lots and lots of echoes to get the corruption up to a level that feels good for your build.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Oh can you keep fighting the boss over and over without doing the other stuff? I haven't done much empowered content yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

When you fight a timeline boss in empowered monoliths, it drops your stability back to nothing but keeps your corruption and the web you've explored. It also gives you bonus corruption the next time you do a Shade of Orobyss node if you win, and you can stack multiple bonuses before doing the Shade if you clear lots of echoes in the same map.

I ended up getting a slightly better relic that also has 1 LP on around my 10th kill so I'm working on upgrading blessings in other timelines and doing dungeons. My Lich is level 94 now and still steamrolling most stuff even though I haven't really crafted any good gear.