Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Deteriorata posted:

Napalm is incredibly easy to make. It's not a particularly secret recipe.
Grandma Napalm's recipe is extra spicy and not recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Deteriorata posted:

Next you'll be telling me that Grandma Agent Orange got her recipe off a Pillsbury can

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Deteriorata posted:

IIRC they had to change the (correct) recipe described in Fight Club (the movie, not sure about the book) because they were afraid people would try to make it. I think they changed one of the ingredients to "frozen orange juice concentrate," which even I know is going to do gently caress all.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Mister Speaker posted:

IIRC they had to change the (correct) recipe described in Fight Club (the movie, not sure about the book) because they were afraid people would try to make it. I think they changed one of the ingredients to "frozen orange juice concentrate," which even I know is going to do gently caress all.

Hell, I made it by accident when I was about 6 years old.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Deteriorata posted:

Hell, I made it by accident when I was about 6 years old.

Did it stick to you?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

NoWake posted:

Did it stick to you?

Yes. It was very slimy. Fortunately, it wasn't on fire.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Deteriorata posted:

The whole "Nuclear reactor in a U.S. Navy submarine" is along the same lines; the principle is out in the wild for all to find, but posting anything actually about it is the troublemaker.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://v.redd.it/4s06vm7lupua1/DASH_720.mp4

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Mistle posted:

The whole "Nuclear reactor in a U.S. Navy submarine" is along the same lines; the principle is out in the wild for all to find, but posting anything actually about it is the troublemaker.

There's nothing classified about making napalm and there's no legal issue with posting how to make napalm.

(Okay, some specific recipes that are used in munitions might be classified at some level.)

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

I've seen this a bunch, never noticed the wooden chair. :allears:

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Phanatic posted:

There's nothing classified about making napalm and there's no legal issue with posting how to make napalm.

(Okay, some specific recipes that are used in munitions might be classified at some level.)

that doesn't stop people from freaking out over dumb poo poo and acting like [basic chemistry anyone could look up at the nearest public library] is somehow dangerous information that needs to be censored whenever it gets posted on the internet

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Mister Speaker posted:

You see this a lot with various media. Breaking Bad changed the recipe for meth (and probably other substances in the early episodes when they still did a lot of chemistry), Mr. Robot famously changed some technical details to not give too much instruction to potential hackers, and there's at least one other example I'm forgetting offhand. Hollywood producers and studios don't want to be held liable if someone actually goes out and does something stupid/dangerous/illegal because they got a user manual while watching HBO.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Phanatic posted:

But just try building one Virginia-class submarine in your backyard and see how fast you end up on a list!

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

People make chlorine gas all the time and that was a gas used in WW1. ammonia and bleach in a well ventilated area, the yellow gas that starts falling out of it is chlorine gas

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Phanatic posted:

I thought the point was more that the AI had been trained to say "sorry, I won't give out dangerous information" and people are coming up with ways to circumvent that, which turns out to not be so hard at all

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

A Festivus Miracle posted:

People make chlorine gas all the time and that was a gas used in WW1. ammonia and bleach in a well ventilated area, the yellow gas that starts falling out of it is chlorine gas

I accidentally did that while cleaning the toilet once. Saw a little yellow color coming up, flushed it and turned on the vent fan, and got away from there for a while.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Next you'll be telling me that Grandma Agent Orange got her recipe off a Pillsbury can
Nah, she got it from a chain letter claiming to be the CIA recipe

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'm not usually a gun type*, but there was a video about a fellow doing a demo with a 4 gauge rifle that looked ridiculous - turns out this guy was out of action until just recently due to his 50.cal rifle exploding and putting a chunk of shrapnel right through his neck (among other injuries), man was lucky to come away with a gnarly scar and little else.

*every time I watch a gun video it turns out the channel is run by awful chuds.

In retrospect, firing mystery meat .50BMG out of a rifle designed by a goon might not have been a good idea. But what do I know.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

zedprime posted:

Franks Red Hot. I put that poo poo in everything, literally everything.

Aww Grandma.

Harry_Potato fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 20, 2023

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Howard Beale posted:

I thought the point was more that the AI had been trained to say "sorry, I won't give out dangerous information" and people are coming up with ways to circumvent that, which turns out to not be so hard at all

it's this

edit:

`Nemesis fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 20, 2023

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Howard Beale posted:

It hasn't. The network provides a blurry approximation of the answers you would get asking that of the internet.
There are wrappers around it that filter queries and provide stock answers instead of providing the gpt answer.
And if you ask questions the right way the filters don't trigger and gpt just answers directly.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Sounds like artificial unintelligence.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

This right here is like, third world worst kinda pollution possible poo poo. I've seen some old 1970s era footage of the exact same practice used in the Rust Belt and yeah, it's basically impossible to clean up afterward. You end up with a thick rear end sheet of whatever the underlying base soil was and a huge layer of economically nonviable slag on top and its pretty much impossible to remediate.

Some of those chunks would make interesting decorative boulder landscape pieces.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

there's timelines where Peggy Hill kills a ton of people. (though what kind of paper editor doesnt catch what is a probably a common fact even in the 90s?)

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/jaketropolis/status/1648802176762781702?s=20

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Another day at the Goldbelly cookie factory

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/ohshidt/status/1649198800357998592?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
The sequel to SkiFree looking good

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'm not usually a gun type*,

are you serious!?? so just never get into windowless vans?? even for candy?????

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Bet they wish they were sponsored by Red Bull.

Since as far as I know, Monster does not give you wings (to get out of the huge crevasse).

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

How the gently caress did they get out?

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
Watching it thinking "this is a way people die. This is the last thing some people see."

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

Hollismason posted:

How the gently caress did they get out?

There was an article in the thread:

He went on to explain in the comments how he escaped the huge crevasse.

Powtos' description of his escape has been translated from French to English using Google Translate:

"he quietly put the skis on the bag, ice ax crampons and a small piece of rope from his friends"

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

zedprime posted:

Seriously I cannot believe it thinks adding potassium nitrate to that is a good idea. I'm sure it's great if you have villages to burn, but there's virtually no way someone lighting that in their backyard or whatever is prepared for what it's about to do. If you mix it with sugar and ignite that, it essentially becomes a really gross kind of caramel... violently, while making fucktons of smoke. If it happens while mixed into napalm, the expansion is much more rapid and violent, flinging the poo poo absolutely everywhere.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'm not usually a gun type*, but there was a video about a fellow doing a demo with a 4 gauge rifle that looked ridiculous - turns out this guy was out of action until just recently due to his 50.cal rifle exploding and putting a chunk of shrapnel right through his neck (among other injuries), man was lucky to come away with a gnarly scar and little else.

Yeah everyone gun related, eventually even Ian, having outright horrible ideas or suspiciously questionable links to horrible people sucks. Which is a shame because I find his video breaking down the worst ever WWII machine gun, just some Italian mess that lobs bullets somewhere over there because the barrel isn't properly secured and wobbles about as one of the most hilarious videos ever. Just questionable engineering decisions after questionable engineering decisions until you get to the toggle that either does literally nothing or magically makes things work in some rube-goldbergian way that we don't know because we'd have have to fire it to find out.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Does OSHA cover NASA employees?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJ54Jj2rck

Dein Specht
Apr 5, 2023

https://twitter.com/expensiveaccide/status/1649021515512569857

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EMW7CgAKl8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah66IIcydVw

new shiey video. fascinating, meditative, and exciting as always.