Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Yeah basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Cant tell if they're trying to be gender neutral with A in that tweet or what

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

good on monosoft for adding a nonbinary character who might actually be useful in combat to make up for whatever was going on with juniper's class in the main game.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Meowywitch posted:

Cant tell if they're trying to be gender neutral with A in that tweet or what

it's gender neutral across every translation, which makes sense if A is Alvis, given that Alvis identifies as the monado and a computer

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TurnipFritter posted:

good on monosoft for adding a nonbinary character who might actually be useful in combat to make up for whatever was going on with juniper's class in the main game.

the loving slow rear end turning around on the spot during chain attacks immediately and permanently benched Juniper through both of my playthroughs

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's the main reason to use her tbh.

Anyway, can't believe Alvis pulled a Mythra and made another them. Crazy stuff.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just beat the game...apparently just in time for the DLC that I have no background on because I never played XBC1 or 2. >_>

Ended up maxing all the colonies but two. Still haven't figured out what I'm missing to trigger the info for the final Colony Mu and Colony 15 quests. *shrug*

Best Character: Eunie
Best Pairing: Ethel + Commuravi. I was more invested in their short arc than all of N and M's bullshit.
Best Colony: Mu, purely because of the juxtaposition of Scottish magical girls in child solider war hellscape
Best Hero: Ashera. Great final arc with best-character, Eunie.

It's absolutely hilarious that Manama and Riku get like...zero lines during the entire end game sprint and don't say a thing until the post-credits cutscene. Time to see how much straight postgame stuff there is.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

AlternateNu posted:

Best Character: Eunie

She really is the bus

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

A and Sena having the (almost?) exact same face is kinda unsettling.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're the CPU with the gall.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Glimmer

Rex

Matthew

Na'el

Shulk

Nikol

Since the statues of Shulk and Rex are there as a mark of respect from their respective protégés and assuming A is one of them. That means we're still missing a Founder. I'm going to guess it's Rex's third daughter.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

OhFunny posted:

Since the statues of Shulk and Rex are there as a mark of respect from their respective protégés and assuming A is one of them. That means we're still missing a Founder. I'm going to guess it's Rex's third daughter.

There's 7 founders, the 7th one in the center didn't want a statue, and I'm assuming that's A. The woman with Shulk in the trailer with a unique character model is named Panacea, so she's probably the founder of Reid. The Cassini founder being Mythra's daughter would be really stupid so I hope that's the case.

They've also got their weapons on their plaques, this one is on Nikol's:

Glimmer's description is also missing the "In memory of the Founder of House Rhodes and the City's Liberatrix" line that the other six statues have for some reason, and she's only ever referred to as "this founder" for whatever reason. The random line at the end of her and NIkol's descriptions about how they both mysteriously lived to be 80 also makes a lot more sense after seeing her actual character design. She's already be 20 when the DLC begins, and the aegis cores somehow still work, so I guess that answers that.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How good are the two DLC characters? I'm finally getting around to doing that stuff. From just looking at the skills, Ino's seems pretty good (largely because there just aren't really many good tank classes aside from Ashera's).

The healer also seems interesting, though I imagine it's hard to outdo Signifier/Troubadour.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

turn off the TV posted:

There's 7 founders, the 7th one in the center didn't want a statue, and I'm assuming that's A. The woman with Shulk in the trailer with a unique character model is named Panacea, so she's probably the founder of Reid. The Cassini founder being Mythra's daughter would be really stupid so I hope that's the case.

They've also got their weapons on their plaques, this one is on Nikol's:

Glimmer's description is also missing the "In memory of the Founder of House Rhodes and the City's Liberatrix" line that the other six statues have for some reason, and she's only ever referred to as "this founder" for whatever reason. The random line at the end of her and NIkol's descriptions about how they both mysteriously lived to be 80 also makes a lot more sense after seeing her actual character design. She's already be 20 when the DLC begins, and the aegis cores somehow still work, so I guess that answers that.

I figured the hidden Seventh Founder was Riku, but I can see it being A with the new information we have.

The weapons being on the plaques is a cool detail. I never noticed it.

Edit: After rewatching the trailer with subtitles. I now see who you're talking about. I'm going to guess this is Reyn and Sharla's daughter. That would dovetail nicely with Shulk treating her as one of his own children.

Still leaves Founder Cassini unaccounted for.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 21, 2023

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

How good are the two DLC characters? I'm finally getting around to doing that stuff. From just looking at the skills, Ino's seems pretty good (largely because there just aren't really many good tank classes aside from Ashera's).

The healer also seems interesting, though I imagine it's hard to outdo Signifier/Troubadour.

Ino has a great break art but is otherwise ok. Still not better than the standard break setup on an ogre class. The healer is extremely good with party wide crit support/healing and accessory creation.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I haven't recruited the DLC healer character yet either. Currently I have a Troubadour and Signifer in my team, as you do. I take it the DLC healer class is worth slotting in? But which one would her class replace?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

You can probably just use her raw or give her passive skill to someone if you like your current hero. That class can use Signifier's important skills though so if one would be replaced it'd be that.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I noticed that the Nopon Sage challenge stuff has an option to spend points to master classes. How effective is that? Is it a good alternative to just grinding them up?

edit: I really wish that this game didn't have the weird limitation on unlocking classes, where enemies have to be within 5 levels (IIRC). I basically have to go out of my way to grind to unlock new classes, since none of the story content is within 5 levels.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ytlaya posted:

I noticed that the Nopon Sage challenge stuff has an option to spend points to master classes. How effective is that? Is it a good alternative to just grinding them up?

edit: I really wish that this game didn't have the weird limitation on unlocking classes, where enemies have to be within 5 levels (IIRC). I basically have to go out of my way to grind to unlock new classes, since none of the story content is within 5 levels.

Isn't that for unlocking classes? Silver Nopon coins can be used to level up class ranks instead (the sage sells coins too).

And it's fairly effective, IIRC each time you spend points to unlock classes all party members get 20% unlock progression on all classes currently available.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Omobono posted:

Isn't that for unlocking classes? Silver Nopon coins can be used to level up class ranks instead (the sage sells coins too).

And it's fairly effective, IIRC each time you spend points to unlock classes all party members get 20% unlock progression on all classes currently available.

Sorry, I meant unlocking, not mastering.

edit: Hmm, 20%. That's kind of a tough call whether that's better than just grinding, since I think you'd have to do at least a couple time trials to get the 2000 coins necessary for just one "boost" (and the grind isn't too crazy - just kind of annoying).

Speaking of grinding, does getting XP multipliers on unique enemies effect unlocking progression?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Apr 22, 2023

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

I finally started playing this recently and I feel like my pacing is all out of whack - I'm 30 hours in, just completed Colony Lambda stuff, but I'm level 35 and generally 10+ levels above enemies in my area. I think I've been doing too much side stuff and now that's affecting leveling up classes. I guess I should focus on main plot stuff until I get back to a properly leveled area?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Yeah, do that, and don’t use your bonus EXP.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Unfortunately, you don't unlock the ability to level down until after beating the final boss for some reason, so you will inevitably end up overlevelled if you do lots of side stuff even if you don't use bonus EXP.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

WrightOfWay posted:

Unfortunately, you don't unlock the ability to level down until after beating the final boss for some reason, so you will inevitably end up overlevelled if you do lots of side stuff even if you don't use bonus EXP.

It's a really weird choice after DE. If you have a modded switch or are emulating the game you can cheat to enable leveling down at any point, and I'd suggest that anyone do that if possible.

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

Imo challenge mode rewards are best for accessory crafting or emblem unlocks for the gauntlet. For fast class unlocks and leveling, go to the cave with lv 90+ enemies in cadensia and spam Noah's lucky seven talent . If your levels are at least 10 below the enemies you'll get the max point boost.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I never got that stupid thing to work

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So is Matthew gonna have a Id?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Meowywitch posted:

I never got that stupid thing to work

Yeah. I literally never got the prompt for lucky seven after the initial tutorial battle even when running Noah as the lead for half the time.

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

Give him the skill from flash fencer that fills talent gauge at the start of battle and make sure his talent art is unlimited sword. You don't get it until start of chapter 6. The arts have an OHKO chance on each hit.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just got through the big cutscene gauntlet during my playthrough with the emulator, and Shania sucks so much, god drat. I feel like the game wants her to come off as sympathetic in a similar vein to N, but it absolutely doesn't work. Having a bad relationship with your parent* + being insecure is pretty bad, but the party consists of literal child soldiers with a 10 year lifespan (and it's absolutely not "murder everyone you have ever known" bad). And in N's case he's worn down by repeatedly seeing his loved one die, which is harrowing enough to explain his actions (and there's also a lot of manipulation by Z going on there - basically taking N at his lowest and giving him a single "out"). On the upside, she gets owned extremely hard.

Also, JP N's voice acting during that whole sequence is extremely good. A bunch of really stellar performances all around during that part.

* The stuff with her mother - which is really the only truly bad thing to happen to Shania - also isn't mentioned until the later optional quest. So you go through all the events of the main story with nothing but "she was insecure about her friend being cool."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

OhFunny posted:

founder talk:

Maybe the last founder doesn't have a statue because they're not dead. Lookin' at you Riku

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Maybe the last founder doesn't have a statue because they're not dead. Lookin' at you Riku

It'll turn out Riku's masterpon is actually Shulk (or possibly Nikol) and not Melia isn't it?

But honestly? At this point I'm half hoping Riku gets zero explanation. "He's a Nopon that's all the explanation you need".
Same half is hoping we get Manana too in the DLC, again with no explanation beyond Nopons, they don't gotta explain poo poo.

E: I am so so glad we got back the cool Nopons as party members this game instead of creepazoid. Poppi deserved a better masterpon dammit

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Agree with all of the above, shame this will actually drop Wednesday EU time not Tuesday :(

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

We already have the Nopon Archsage as an example of a "Nopon that has ascended." Clearly Riku also ascended and is now an ageless being.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nopon just old.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1650313476412153858?t=tw-dsyT2xNj-MPbpZYl_aw&s=19

Update live, I guess when the dlc releases we'll be able to immediately hop in

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ytlaya posted:

I just got through the big cutscene gauntlet during my playthrough with the emulator, and Shania sucks so much, god drat. I feel like the game wants her to come off as sympathetic in a similar vein to N, but it absolutely doesn't work. Having a bad relationship with your parent* + being insecure is pretty bad, but the party consists of literal child soldiers with a 10 year lifespan (and it's absolutely not "murder everyone you have ever known" bad). And in N's case he's worn down by repeatedly seeing his loved one die, which is harrowing enough to explain his actions (and there's also a lot of manipulation by Z going on there - basically taking N at his lowest and giving him a single "out"). On the upside, she gets owned extremely hard.

Also, JP N's voice acting during that whole sequence is extremely good. A bunch of really stellar performances all around during that part.

* The stuff with her mother - which is really the only truly bad thing to happen to Shania - also isn't mentioned until the later optional quest. So you go through all the events of the main story with nothing but "she was insecure about her friend being cool."

My biggest issue with Shania's whole arc is that they try to make her arc the parallel for Sena's and Sena was already such a non-character compared to the rest of the team. She got screwed over so hard.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I feel like Sena gets about as much as the rest of the gang its just that the Shania stuff doesn't work.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

She did get to name Biffteen though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the weirdest thing about sena is that cutscene at the end of chapter 4 where Lanz asks her if she's feeling lonely or something along those lines. i thought it was setting up for a plotline where sena would get more of a sense of self value and would be better friends with lanz like eunie and taion got, but no, it just kind of goes nowhere and the rest of sena's story is about shania and ghondor.