Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wolfsheim posted:

how big is HFW with the DLC compared to jedi survivor btw

all told HFW + DLC is 116gb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Wolfsheim posted:

how big is HFW with the DLC compared to jedi survivor btw

Like 115 to 120gb. So maybe 30gb shy of survivor.

The Series S version of Survivor is only 44gb. Gonna be interesting to see that comparison.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Can't wait to discuss the second big Jedi turd with my posting partners and colleagues.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

So, you are really going to poo poo talk it with the same complaints over and over anytime it comes up, including it’s dedicated thread, again?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Combat in Jedi was really, really off. The game acted like it had a complex, tight fighting mechanic; but it didn't.

If that's fixed, then Jedi 2 will be awesome.

Also it would be nice if exploration yielded more than just costumes this time.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
As a Jedi Poncho Defender I hope there are more ponchos.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bugblatter posted:

So, you are really going to poo poo talk it with the same complaints over and over anytime it comes up, including it’s dedicated thread, again?

This isn't reflected in my post history on the first game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Can't wait to discuss the second big Jedi turd with my posting partners and colleagues.

I will not be discussing this game!

And the reason is...

BECAUSE IM THE PRESIDENT OF THIS GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Star Wars is a sleeping pill.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Mandalorian was quite entertaining I liked it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYrcJtTCaKQ

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Lordy be, SF 6 is going to loving whip

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Oh poo poo, I thought Pastagames looked familiar. The Karmazoo devs made legendary 2014 ps+ freebie Pix The Cat :woop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIUI9LcZeL4

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Pre-order SF6 for a red Chun-Li outfit? Capitalism has gone too far. Oh hey I gotta play that demo.

(Yes this has been a thing since PS3)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Can't say I imagined an encounter with Pix the Cat when I woke up this morning.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fix The Cat

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Also spay them please

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bugblatter posted:

Like 115 to 120gb. So maybe 30gb shy of survivor.

The Series S version of Survivor is only 44gb. Gonna be interesting to see that comparison.

This probably means the huge reported PS5 install is for both the PS4 and PS5 versions since that is how sony lists them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lmao

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That is cinema!

Oh hey King of Fighters 15 just put up a demo too, demo-palooza on my PS4. Every game should have a demo.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ6_2Z-sHsk

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

This probably means the huge reported PS5 install is for both the PS4 and PS5 versions since that is how sony lists them.

You mean combined? I don't think so. The Series X version is also listed as being 140-ish GB, so I think that's accurate for the PS5 version on its own.

Edit: Wait, there is no PS4 version. Jedi Survivor isn't a cross-gen title.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 21, 2023

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Jose Oquendo posted:

I am the same way actually. Fallen Order sucked me in, and it sucked me in on my 3rd play through a couple weeks ago. I know the game is flawed, but the Star Wars lightsaber woom woom poo poo pulls me right in.

Fallen Order goes on sale very frequently for less than $10, closer to $5 sometimes.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

I am the same way actually. Fallen Order sucked me in, and it sucked me in on my 3rd play through a couple weeks ago. I know the game is flawed, but the Star Wars lightsaber woom woom poo poo pulls me right in.

For a new IP I think they did a great job, a lot of the backtracking and lack of enemy/boss variety seemed to be a symptom of that. I think now that they got the base fundamental of the game figured out, hopefully the sequel is more about content and more lightsaber fights. Taron Malicos and 2nd Sister were fun fights but a lot of the non lightsaber bosses were just meh. The frog in your home planet is a piece of poo poo tho.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

exquisite tea posted:

I really like the way all of Horizon's tribal histories inform fashion and architecture in their world, there's just an enormous amount of detail paid to their designs. The Carja for instance are an expansionist trading empire, so they're able to make the most use of colorful dyes and face paints from all around the region, as opposed to more localized tribes like the Banuk who have a much more muted color palette based off of what you'd find around Yellowstone. Meridian is built upon a mesa and glinthawks are very important to Carja mythology, so their silhouettes tend to be very birdlike in shape. Unlike hunter-gatherer societies such as the Nora or Tenakth, the Carja don't tend to have a lot of machine ornamentation, because they have an agricultural economy and can process raw materials like linen and silk for their clothing. And the Oseram, who smelt everything down for their weapons and tinkerings don't have machine part accents at all. The Nora have stitchers, but because in Horizon's world there's no animal larger than a boar, you'll see that all their outfits tend to have marks where the hides are woven together. Those are just some of the details off the dome, but it's all really cool and much more well-thought out than you'd think these things would be.

:swoon:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Gaming, folks. It's good.

So so good

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Ulio posted:

For a new IP

star wars is not a new ip

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
The Mandalorian - not a new IP
Andor - not a new IP
Bad Batch - not a new IP.

You heard it here first, they're actually all 45 year old properties.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
the big villain in the first game is dark vader

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

negativeneil posted:

The Mandalorian - not a new IP
Andor - not a new IP
Bad Batch - not a new IP.

You heard it here first, they're actually all 45 year old properties.

I mean… yeah they aren’t. The IP is Star Wars, a 45 year old intellectual property.

You could call it a new series or a new spinoff.

Anyway, semantics aside, yeah Fallen Order did a fine enough job for a first entry in a new series. It didn’t have the polish of some other publishers’ give to their first outings (like Sony with HZD, GoT, etc), but considering it was done under the EA of several years ago on a compressed dev cycle, they did well.

They had more time for the sequel, EA has had a good track record in the past couple years, and they had the foundation of the first game to refine on. So, there’s reason to be optimistic. I think that was the original posters point, even if they used the wrong specific legal term.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Apr 21, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s a new IP that just happens to be within the Star Wars universe and trying to claim it’s not new IP is silly.

It’s like a comic book nerd saying any new characters Marvel or DC introduce aren’t really new IP because they all share their worlds with the other characters Marvel and DC own.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just watched the new season of the Mandalorian and I think it might be the dumbest thing I have ever watched

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

I just watched the new season of the Mandalorian and I think it might be the dumbest thing I have ever watched

Weird thing is the really dumb episode is the one I liked the most??? It was like, boring start, some alright action stuff in the middle, hilarious dumb Jack Black and Lizzo episode, boring end

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Escobarbarian posted:

Weird thing is the really dumb episode is the one I liked the most??? It was like, boring start, some alright action stuff in the middle, hilarious dumb Jack Black and Lizzo episode, boring end

It was Lucas as gently caress, in a great way

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I liked the muppets in season 3. The stop motion Tippet bot was especially cool. The writing is awful though. In the first few episodes I thought it was charming-bad. But by the end it was just bad-bad.

Still gonna watch season 4 for more muppets.

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s a new IP that just happens to be within the Star Wars universe and trying to claim it’s not new IP is silly.

It’s like a comic book nerd saying any new characters Marvel or DC introduce aren’t really new IP because they all share their worlds with the other characters Marvel and DC own.

I mean, in terms of legal ownership the new character would be collected into the established series IP, yeah. In narrative media you generally speak of IP as expanding to accommodate new assets, not spawning off distinct IP.

It’s a dumb thing to argue about though, everyone knew what the first guy meant. Not sure why I’m bothering to distinguish the semantics, lol.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 21, 2023

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

The whole season felt like it was written by a 4th grader having an impromptu action figure battle. I can't believe adults wrote and filmed all of that. The Jack Black Lizzo episode was really stupid, but everything else in it was also stupid, so it didn't feel noteworthy as good or bad.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I watch Andor for good storytelling.

I watch Mandalorian for the cool physical puppets and designs.

I watch Obi-wan because I hate myself.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Star Wars purists are the worst. If it feels like “a 4th grader wrote it,” it fits in perfectly with the original trilogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Disney should make a Star Wars show where the new republic makes millions of clones of Droopy McCool to spread Jizz all over the galaxy and stop all the Star Wars