Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Hogama posted:

Not sure how they're planning on getting a 24-man solo set-up when the 8-man setups are already a lot more AI work than light parties, but at the very least I imagine they'll probably rejigger things to ease the scripting burden, at least, like they've done for the dungeons and trials they've reworked.

I suspect they'll turn it into an 8-man when they rework it. They'd need to take it out of the alliance roulette then, but depending on how long it ended up it could be lumped in with the new MSQ roulette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
There are 3 alliances, 3 grand companies, which would work for the CT raids at least. Dunno what they'd do for the others.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Don't worry Alphinaud and the Crystal Braves will help you conquer the Crystal Tower! :unsmith:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Hmm... In character Rescue trolling

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Booo this is like the time I purposely tanked a hit on Smileton's second boss and found that yes this boss is complete trash.

Did the game give you some kind of achievement for being the first player ever to be hit by that boss?

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Don't worry Alphinaud and the Crystal Braves will help you conquer the Crystal Tower! :unsmith:

Every time you get a vuln stack you hear, "Sloppy!"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Ilberd negging you during CT would own

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Imagine the awkwardness of putting it off until after the feast, though.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

bobtheconqueror posted:

It'd be a weird one for sure since the actual story is very "side story." There's no real reason for the other scions to show up, so it's like the NOAH team plus... the Sons of Saint Coinach? A bunch of archeologists getting murdered by voidsent while Cid, Biggs, Wedge, and eventually Nero pull most of the NPC weight?

It would be neat if they did something similar to the expedition team in Endwalker and just threw a bunch of named NPCs you may or may not know in there from other quests.

I suppose G'raha, Unei and Doga could get in on it. Give the clones some weird Allagan weapons, I think both of their FF3 namesakes used staves.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

theironjef posted:

I suppose G'raha, Unei and Doga could get in on it. Give the clones some weird Allagan weapons, I think both of their FF3 namesakes used staves.

I initially read that first sentence as "get it on" and hoo boy

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So, a neat little dorky fact on the new item shop update: The ochestrion rolls that just got added, for Painted Foothills and Moebius' orchestral versions, have been sitting in the game's files since 4.5!

Moebius' orchestral version is the song for the final phase of TEA, and as a result was in the Death Unto Dawn soundtrack, but I believe Painted Foothills' orchestral version has just been sitting around completely unreleased for years until now.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh shiiiiiiiit

The Umbrella is out!

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1649367498092077056?t=wBlszVRIsT5WXNVoPafwVw&s=19

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

24 bucks please

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Two different umbrellas please, because otherwise the poor indie startup devs can't afford to develop new things.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

But do you get a matching fashion accessory so you can do a dance number before flying off, for the full Mary Poppins experience

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They should sell a third one that uses the player's auto-umbrella selection as its skin.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

super sweet best pal posted:

the player's auto-umbrella selection

This is a thing?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

stev posted:

This is a thing?

You can right click an umbrella from the fashion accessory menu to set it as auto use, and you'll automatically use it in compatible areas when it rains.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Just did the level 50 Armorer quest, Merlwyb maybe you should not be shooting guns at folks wearing chainmail, even if it's really good chainmail

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

stev posted:

This is a thing?

As of like two patches ago, so it's a practically new feature

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Vitamean posted:

24 bucks please

TBH I just find it sad that almost everywhere else the actual price is cheaper except for USA :sigh:

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Fighting ultima weapon for msq roulette and the Samurai appears to be using the ranged ability and aoe rotation only. Saw a few attacks I haven't seen in ages. In the middle of the cutscene right now lmao.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Freestyle SAM is a classic example of people just not reading their buttons. Just don't try to parse roulette content and you'll hopefully keep your sanity.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
It was more like... why is this taking so long? I was tanking.

Edit: Other DPS, archer, ended up doing the LBs at the end. The SAM was in ironworks gear, so presumably pretty new to the class, but also wasn't their first time in there.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

quiggy posted:

Just did the level 50 Armorer quest, Merlwyb maybe you should not be shooting guns at folks wearing chainmail, even if it's really good chainmail

actually that's the coolest way to test armor

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/redditFFXIV/status/1649126351935242250?t=tCyrS41wzaIhETVBRU4Mow&s=19

Imagining a world where the devs did include Viera and Hroth hats but they just shrunk them all by 80% and tipped them a jaunty angle, like the little ladies crown

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

TheWorldsaStage posted:

https://twitter.com/redditFFXIV/status/1649126351935242250?t=tCyrS41wzaIhETVBRU4Mow&s=19

Imagining a world where the devs did include Viera and Hroth hats but they just shrunk them all by 80% and tipped them a jaunty angle, like the little ladies crown

We found it folks. The best solution that will please everyone. Do the needful, devs.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yes please that rules

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Just have Viera and Hrothgar use a Nanamo minion to sit on their shoulder and wear the hat for them.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

bobtheconqueror posted:

Fighting ultima weapon for msq roulette and the Samurai appears to be using the ranged ability and aoe rotation only. Saw a few attacks I haven't seen in ages. In the middle of the cutscene right now lmao.

I had this dragoon in exdr the other day

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

World War Mammories posted:

Is this just "push the button that makes the most obnoxious noise as often as possible?" That's kind of impressive.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sometimes people in NN don't believe me when I tell them I play DPS in ex roulette specifically to avoid getting two of these people in a party. But they're really out there, waiting to strike (or not strike, I guess).

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

What about the BLM I had one time who was hiding AOE on bosses and single target on mobs and appeared to be switching between ice and fire whenever the hell they felt like it.

And also I was also playing BLM.

And also it was EX roulette.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

e: wrong thread

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Antivehicular posted:

Is this just "push the button that makes the most obnoxious noise as often as possible?" That's kind of impressive.

they were an obvious pair with the other dps - same last name - and that dps wasn't good but they were doing their combos and so on - so I halfway wondered if they were like a younger sibling or child playing for the first time. of course I didn't say anything because I piously fear yoship's wrath so idk, but at least I got to make a post whining about it

Thundarr posted:

Sometimes people in NN don't believe me when I tell them I play DPS in ex roulette specifically to avoid getting two of these people in a party. But they're really out there, waiting to strike (or not strike, I guess).

I queued as drg the next day for this reason and got a tank who made me become lyle gabriel irl

but it was certainly not quite as frustrating

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

As funny as it may seem, this is exactly the kind of post that stops self conscious casuals from playing in goon groups

Lazer Viking
Jul 11, 2008

GBO
Im that self conscious player. Thats just straight just not knowing how to play your class. If youre on the SA ff14 thread, you should know how icy veins works and can figure out the basics. and on an extreme no less.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
where do you get icy veins for the blue mage spellbook again?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i play suboptimally in roulettes because i get ~ 0.6 more comms per run if i hardcast a few adlo's on people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Sentient Data posted:

As funny as it may seem, this is exactly the kind of post that stops self conscious casuals from playing in goon groups

I hope so