Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

good poo poo. when you get around to legend 2/3 you should check out the ds remakes, they kick rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

good poo poo. when you get around to legend 2/3 you should check out the ds remakes, they kick rear end

I have the switch collection so ill be rolling on Original flavor.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yeah monsters are a ton of fun and can get OP really early, but they fall off pretty hard compared to mutants and especially humans. 2 balances things a bit better and also kicks rear end.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

welcome posted:

Yeah monsters are a ton of fun and can get OP really early, but they fall off pretty hard compared to mutants and especially humans. 2 balances things a bit better and also kicks rear end.

Monsters still fall off really hard in 2 but then in the last area they give you six different options that all have 99 stats

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mutants were godly for the first half of the game but eventually theyre kind of worthless. having such little inventory space + randomly losing your good abilities all the time blows.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

mutants were godly for the first half of the game but eventually theyre kind of worthless. having such little inventory space + randomly losing your good abilities all the time blows.

i thnk they change that in 2 so that its only the bottom slot that changes. or maybe thats in frontier where thats how monsters work instead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I guess i was probably also really unlucky. 3 of my mutant's abilities were ESP lol.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

P-Mack posted:

Monsters still fall off really hard in 2 but then in the last area they give you six different options that all have 99 stats

Sure but there's less of a gap now that humans can't reach 255 str/agi while the others are stuck at 99. You also can't get second from top tier monsters before fighting the first boss anymore so, trade offs.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

Sure but there's less of a gap now that humans can't reach 255 str/agi while the others are stuck at 99. You also can't get second from top tier monsters before fighting the first boss anymore so, trade offs.

BUT you cn do the challenge dungeon in the 2 remake, get a top tier monster, nd then coast to the last boss and realize its physically impossible to beat

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Fungah! posted:

BUT you cn do the challenge dungeon in the 2 remake, get a top tier monster, nd then coast to the last boss and realize its physically impossible to beat

Sign me the gently caress up.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

even with that my human and mutant died and each slime had one melt left before the final blow...pretty sick. I bet 4 monsters would be a fun way to play this game, im glad I tried a varied party to see all the mechanics. 4 humans would also just smoke most of the game once you got to like the 3rd world and everyone was 99/99 str/agi.

I think world 4 really makes it hard to recommend this game, that whole section blows big time. not just the unbeatable enemy gimmick in the overworld, something about the balance in that whole section + the tower after it, its like out of whack, everything suddenly gets strong enough that the resources for dealing with random battles arent worth using. or maybe i was just loving up somehow idk. but i got through it and the final dungeon was really cool, fun game. I'll check out legend 2 and 3 at some point but putting all new gaming on hold in preparation for Zelda Summer. need to focus my attention

I beat it and enjoyed that part easily when i was like 9 dude. Anyway, Legend 2 is godlike.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm enjoying the simplicity of Final Fantasy 1 so far. Just woke up the Elf Prince.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
it owns having a version of final fantasy that plays like the nes version on modern systems

----------------

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the pixel remasters ftw. jealous of anyone experiencing the early entries of the series for the first time, have fun!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
it owns having a version of 3 tha isnt complete rear end too

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it owns having a version of 3 tha isnt complete rear end too

i'm fuckin excited for this, i bhought the import physical edition so i'll be waitin a bit but when i get it this is the one i'm gonna play first

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Excited to finally hopefully get past the first hour of 2 and the second hour of 3.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm never gonna replay 2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i'm never gonna replay 2

Guilty feet have got no rhythm

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*through tear-=streaked eyes* lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol cool

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

i'm never gonna replay 2

Pablo Nergigante posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I played 2 on GBA 20 years ago and all I really remember is the Ultima cast animation taking forever and doing lousy damage

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

welcome posted:

I'm at the combination pizza tower hollow knight.

thid

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

I played 2 on GBA 20 years ago and all I really remember is the Ultima cast animation taking forever and doing lousy damage

*a dozen gamers pile in the doorway to explain why ultima does bad damage in FF2 fresh after telling you some fun trivia about the scene where Aragorn kicks the helmet in Two Towers*

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

*a dozen gamers pile in the doorway to explain why ultima does bad damage in FF2 fresh after telling you some fun trivia about the scene where Aragorn kicks the helmet in Two Towers*

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

i don't remember him kicking a helmet

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the bad damage is a meta commentary on the badness of the game op. try reading a book like ready player one and learn about ludonarrative dissonance from spec ops the line for once in your ignorant, benighted life.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

----------------

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
the rogue coder who programmed ultima to do bad damage was right

----------------

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

excuse me? his name is Nasir Gebelli

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

drat I just blazed through Final Fantasy 1. Nice and pleasant game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

the ps1 ff5 translation owns because its literally what we would have gotten if it made it here when it was supposed to. it was originally gonna come over here as Final Fantasy Extreme and someone managed to find screenshots of it a while back and the text was exactly the same. it's ted doing his best