Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zesty posted:

Pro-landlord and Racism from 1881, an inseparable pair.

The Irish have always been cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

And they'll continue to be for 100s of years to come

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Milo and POTUS posted:

As an Irish, I wish we had 1/1000000th of the landlord-killing urge depicted here.

Pretty cool how the caricatures look like Nick Cave tho

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Failed Imagineer posted:

Seeing things like this literally doesn't even phase me anymore - (actually, I'm laughing)

E: might as well link to the poop if anyone wants to observe the ratio of harvest some Maoist/cringe pics

Dennis? Block!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

he looks like someone who could drink 30 pints a day

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

"Pintmen" lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

btw those are imperial pints (~ 20 ounces)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

bedpan posted:

Always forget you guys have those small-rear end pints. But USA makes up for this with the fine selection of pumpkin ales with cinnamon sugar rims, mmm basic

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Always forget you guys have those small-rear end pints. But USA makes up for this with the fine selection of pumpkin ales with cinnamon sugar rims, mmm basic
christ I hate pumpkin ales

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I missed my calling as a "pintman"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I believe in you goon, it's never too late to take up alcoholism

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Biplane posted:

"Pintmen" lmao

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

everyone is a pintman sometimes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It really makes being a town drunk all the more impressive

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
we're just men, innocent pintmen

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I’d love to drink over thirty pints a day in a quaint pub. I don’t care that it would make me immensely unattractive.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

cat botherer posted:

I’d love to drink over thirty pints a day in a quaint pub. I don’t care that it would make me immensely unattractive.

im already halfway there, may as well spend my days somewhere cozy

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

In the same vein, "Trencherman" is the prestige class for a glutton. The "Trencher" was a hollowed out piece of (very) dry, stale bread used as a soup bowl. The soup would absorb a bit of the bread to wring a bit more nutrition out of otherwise inedible bread, but a good Trencherman will persevere to devour the whole drat bowl every time.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'm going to multiclass pintman/trencherman

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You wouldn't want to be a litreman.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m the rear end man

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

The difference is social standing, like the difference between a junkie and a stock trader

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

In the same vein, "Trencherman" is the prestige class for a glutton. The "Trencher" was a hollowed out piece of (very) dry, stale bread used as a soup bowl. The soup would absorb a bit of the bread to wring a bit more nutrition out of otherwise inedible bread, but a good Trencherman will persevere to devour the whole drat bowl every time.

nirvana

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

bowl or hole, I’m an eating man

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
these all sound like Spotify playlists

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Homocow posted:

these all sound like Spotify playlists

In the near future, your social credit score will determine what playlists you can access. And you're gonna love it

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Some of Dublin's great kushmen have been known to play the Mid-Scale Medley loud.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

In the near future, your social credit score will determine what playlists you can access. And you're gonna love it

And the music is all AI generated so Spotify won’t have to pay royalties from them.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

cmerepaul posted:

some very capitalism.png screenshots I took of some of their documentation a couple of years ago

It's likely everyone posting here is classified into at least one of these categories.

I'm a G06: Waiting to bloom

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

bedpan posted:

Americans have different pints?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Frosted Flake posted:

Yes, the American imperial system comes from old British measurements prior to American independence, then the Brits defined them differently in the 1800s.

Being Irish, I pretty much only use imperial measurements for a pint (568ml), a pound of butter (454g), bodyweight (stones and lbs), and height (feet and inches). Just institutional inertia I suppose since everything else converted to metric decades ago

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

Not only did we cling to a dumb system of units but it's one that even the UK replaced with a different dumb system of units before going metric, yes.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I remember someone saying in Canada (or maybe just one province, I don't remember) they mandated that cars had to be listed in liters per 100km like in Europe or something like that, but people complained because they were still used to MPG, so they said you could also list MPG, but it had to be imperial miles per imperial gallon or something instead of just the US measurements so now that number is completely useless to everyone but victorian-era British time travelers.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Shame Boy posted:

Not only did we cling to a dumb system of units but it's one that even the UK replaced with a different dumb system of units before going metric, yes.

at least a 16 oz pint is just two cups. Cups to Pints to Quarts to Gallons just ends up being a base 16 powers of two thing, with the exception of a missing shorthand for half gallon, which is a pretty good system all things considered.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

PoundSand posted:

at least a 16 oz pint is just two cups. Cups to Pints to Quarts to Gallons just ends up being a base 16 powers of two thing, with the exception of a missing shorthand for half gallon, which is a pretty good system all things considered.

16oz is also a pound

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

500excf type r posted:

16oz is also a pound

A pint's a pound the world around

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mycomancy posted:

A pint's a pound the world around

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

PoundSand posted:

The unit no one remembers in that sequence between quarts and gallons is the "pottle."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arivia posted:

The unit no one remembers in that sequence between quarts and gallons is the "pottle."

You'd think a "pot" of something would be an easy thing to insert into the lexicon too.