Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
anyway Ime enjoy Toronto, and Nurse enjoy Houston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Will Nick Nurse still play guitar at rock shows and coach team canada?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dexo posted:

Oh that would be a fit

How long can Nurse handle a big that can't defend?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Forrest on Fire posted:

Oh that would be a fit

How long can Nurse handle a big that can't defend?

By how things went in Toronto roughly 3 years, since that's the time between Gasol and Poetl.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Run all ringer articles through the shredder.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dexo posted:

As much as it’s being signalled, I would rather the Raptors didn’t go with the guy who lost his last job due to sexual misconduct.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This week on the bill simmons show we talk about the Lakers with special guest billy, bills nephew William, and calling in from Boston, special guest Ben affleck. Then we discuss The Departed with special guest Bill-O “Boner” White

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Based on what he was saying and what some of the players were expressing during their last media appearances this is not really surprising. Don't see what all the fuss is with Udoka, it's not like he got something out the Celtics that others haven't. I'm sure he's fine but there are probably lots of other people out there too.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

This week on the bill simmons show we talk about the Lakers with special guest billy, bills nephew William, and calling in from Boston, special guest Ben affleck. Then we discuss The Departed with special guest Bill-O “Boner” White

are sports having a moment????? we also talk to the CEO of ticketmaster about the whole inflation thing and ian ziering is here to talk about becoming a judge for his new reality show "ziering's hearings" but first... pearl jam

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Fire Kidd and hire Nurse please Cuban

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This week, clairvoyant bill communes with shareef Abdul simmons jabbar about Rounders, or whatever.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

BWV posted:

Based on what he was saying and what some of the players were expressing during their last media appearances this is not really surprising. Don't see what all the fuss is with Udoka, it's not like he got something out the Celtics that others haven't. I'm sure he's fine but there are probably lots of other people out there too.

He had them fighting in the locker room at one point.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This week, bill and Malcolm gladwell discuss how tough Nigerian hair really is, while they tip the pool boy with old copies of Page 2 and whatever is left in Bills ashtray

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

My #1 candidate for the job

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That sounded like I’m being racist so if you were thinking that also, I’ll remind the thread that Malcolm gladwell went on an insane crazed rant on bills podcast about Nigerian sports supremacy that was bordering on phrenology lol

https://deadspin.com/malcolm-gladwell-goes-on-bill-simmonss-podcast-deliver-1830449233

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hate Nurse being fired, but it seemed likely after that press conference a couple weeks ago

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

That sounded like I’m being racist so if you were thinking that also, I’ll remind the thread that Malcolm gladwell went on an insane crazed rant on bills podcast about Nigerian sports supremacy that was bordering on phrenology lol

https://deadspin.com/malcolm-gladwell-goes-on-bill-simmonss-podcast-deliver-1830449233

Is that the one where he said Steve Nash was actually Nigerian

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lol yup

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Nurse becoming available is one of the very few things I could see leading to a Finch firing.

(Finch would then almost certainly end up back in Houston)

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1649105664856162335?s=46&t=onxyh9cLuduaEE8VkMrnMQ

I’m just going to assume Monk didn’t qualify for 6moty and not look into it at all

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paracaidas posted:

Nurse becoming available is one of the very few things I could see leading to a Finch firing.

(Finch would then almost certainly end up back in Houston)

I doubt Nurse would want to go to MN. It's a janky roster with a 2nd round ceiling*. Houston has a lot lower expectations and a lot more room to grow. Dallas would be the "ready made" option if they actually fire Kidd and given they just missed the play-in entirely you'd have a couple of seasons grace.

*which, to be clear, I am happy to mortgage the future for

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

all the suns starts positive +/- except for Ayton. Biyombo +18 in 11 minutes. anything to this?

Booker and Durant are both playing waaaaaay too many minutes. It’s understandable to want them out there together as much as possible but it’s (hopefully) a long postseason and they both have injury history this season and prior. Same for cp3.
it's the playoffs and it was 1-1 and they only won by 5. I support running your starters into the ground in the playoffs. Heck even if it was 2-0, it puts a quicker end to the series and gets you rest

ChickenMedium posted:

Funny how back during his first few seasons playing, there was a whole thing around "Embiid is going to destroy his ligaments, he needs to learn how to just fall down" and now the thing is whining about him being a flopper.
a couple of those in the video were actually directly from fouls or selling an actual foul. A couple of them I don't think were trying to draw calls either and were just actual falls. A few of them were flops

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

BWV posted:

My #1 candidate for the job

The smell ain't great but David Stern will keep that hips hops out of the locker room.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is Udoka actually a good HC, accusations aside?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Hand Knit posted:

As much as it’s being signalled, I would rather the Raptors didn’t go with the guy who lost his last job due to sexual misconduct.

Fortunately Toronto is a post-sexual harassment city

Fast Luck posted:

all the suns starts positive +/- except for Ayton. Biyombo +18 in 11 minutes. anything to this?

Yeah, he stinks

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
he has some sort of congenital problem where he's only ever able to spin in a direction that takes him farther from the basket. scientists have no explanation

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BWV posted:

i know it was a while ago but he got them to the finals, if u remember

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

depends how highly you rate sexual misconduct

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Would have been happy to see him coach the Raptors a few more seasons but if there was a disconnect between management, him, and the roster, then perhaps a split now can work out best for all involved.

Hope Nurse does great in his next stint, and looking forward to him getting a standing O his first game back in TO.

Also don't hire Udoka, c'mon man.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

He did a good job with Celtics, but so has Mazzulla. I definitely think the Celtics took a really big step last season so at worst Udoka didn't get in the way, and at best he unlocked a bunch of stuff for that team. It's probably somewhere in the middle of that, which is better than most HC candidates can say.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Fast Luck posted:

it's the playoffs and it was 1-1 and they only won by 5. I support running your starters into the ground in the playoffs. Heck even if it was 2-0, it puts a quicker end to the series and gets you rest

a couple of those in the video were actually directly from fouls or selling an actual foul. A couple of them I don't think were trying to draw calls either and were just actual falls. A few of them were flops

Yeah, biyombo actually makes an effort and Ayton is soft as dudewipes. Only makes an effort when he feels like it and as soon as something goes wrong (like a turnover or embarrassing rebound given up, etc) he spirals.

Bizzy has obvious limitations but Ayton is so bitchmade. It’s embarrassing. The good aspects of his game have vanished, the dude was incredible in our finals run and he’s like a totally different player out there. On the bright side if the suns bomb out in the playoffs he’s probably gone.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It wouldn’t be as big of a deal if he wasn’t on a max contract

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Hand Knit posted:

Feels weird given that the consensus still seems to be that he's a really great coach, but also it seemed kinda indicated by the way the team underperformed all season with the bad vibes everywhere.

It was just so weird watching the Raptors this year. Obstinate strategy is the only way I can describe it. Every time they'd get in a hole against the Knicks he'd just send out the same lineup and do the same small ball. Felt bad for the bench players.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Oh wow I watched this live and didn't catch what Russ was so angry about.

https://streamable.com/5dyzub

e: he raises his hand to take responsibility before realizing it wasn't gonna get called

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 21, 2023

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I didn't get to watch the game, and that's a pretty bad call, but... that CP3 floater that starts the clip. Woof. 5/18, did it look like that all game?

edit: it's not even really the shot itself, it's that the defense almost runs away from him to give it to him

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Probably the best thing that can happen for a young team. Better in Houston probably than Toronto

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

OzFactor posted:

I didn't get to watch the game, and that's a pretty bad call, but... that CP3 floater that starts the clip. Woof. 5/18, did it look like that all game?

edit: it's not even really the shot itself, it's that the defense almost runs away from him to give it to him

they were running an ultra-small lineup that allowed every shot and scored every time down.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The nets need a legitimate point guard to upgrade over dinwiddie. Somebody who can create for others and himself. Somebody who will be available to make a move for without giving up trade assets from their exciting young core.

They need kyrie irving.

Hahaha

I think maybe they may go another direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Both Embiid and Harden should've been executed tbh.