Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i value my time at $5,000 an hour so here's a tweet that cost me $160

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
More time at the end of my life? No thanks. I'm good with dying at noon, instead if living that extra 2 hours during which I can crap my pants just a few more times before going tits up.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
That ferry does not take 3+ hours, nor does it cost that much. That said, it's always the best choice to avoid BC Ferries if at all possible.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Handles being in a car crash better than Leno

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Sorry isn’t a sea plane and a ferry the same thing? Otherwise it wouldn’t really need to say anything. Feels made up to me.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rich kids on coke

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SLOSifl posted:

Sorry isn’t a sea plane and a ferry the same thing? Otherwise it wouldn’t really need to say anything. Feels made up to me.

How dare you question one of the world's foremost sock magnates

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Does anyone else value his time at 5k an hour? He must be pretty wealthy to make 200k a week. 10 million a year.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I value my time at $5000 an hour so that when I get cranky at the dealership and they take too long to do my oil I'll send them an invoice for 1250 for wasting my time.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Waltzing Along posted:

Does anyone else value his time at 5k an hour? He must be pretty wealthy to make 200k a week. 10 million a year.

he has to account for the loss of time in which he thinks about minor sleights with everything he does

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Waltzing Along posted:

the rich considere themselves so important that they do this to justify burning down the planet for a slightly more comfortable life.

we plebes get lovely paper straws, but to just think about regulating private jets and short domestic flights.

in short: skit med borgarna och hela jävelsamhället!

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

No one got rich by being a nice person, it involves exploiting people for their brains and labour all the way down.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

It is sometimes good to think of things in terms of the cost of lost time, but that tweet is definitely deranged. If you're making 10 million a year and crunching the cost-benefit analysis of everything in your life instead of just doing whatever feels the most fun, then you're a lunatic

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And a boring lunatic at that.

Source of Happyness
Mar 2, 2007

you should come outside sometime, it is great out here
At those numbers I'm pretty sure he could have arranged a helicopter.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

This is a pretty normal child's skull, right? Or are there usually less permanent teeth under there?

EDIT: maybe that's hyperdontia?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

knuthgrush posted:

This is a pretty normal child's skull, right? Or are there usually less permanent teeth under there?

:ssh: Yes, it is a child's skull.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

knuthgrush posted:

yeah if this freaks you out, probably don't google "child skull teeth"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Kit Walker posted:

It is sometimes good to think of things in terms of the cost of lost time, but that tweet is definitely deranged. If you're making 10 million a year and crunching the cost-benefit analysis of everything in your life instead of just doing whatever feels the most fun, then you're a lunatic

I'll make purchasing decisions based on this sometimes.

$100 online or $85 dollars if I drive. But it's 30 miles away so 60 miles plus probably 90 mins of my time. That 60 miles is 2 gallons of gas: $10. So now the item is $95 and 90 mins of my time or $100 online.

The reality is I live in a poo poo location for shopping because I have to drive a bit to do pretty much anything.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Isn't that borat's brother? One of the "strange ones"?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If it weren't for the teeth, child skulls would be perfectly wholesome.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/CaIhqiY.gifv

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

i love the Chemical Brothers' live visuals

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

HOLY MIRACLE CONFIRMED! Jesus sighted sleeping on my floor. Come and see and maybe be HEALED BY HIS LOVE. Only $99 per righteous pilgrim!
#BLESSED

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

All this talk about how valuable a rich person's time is and no one posted the chart.

See! They work harder than anyone!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

limp_cheese posted:

All this talk about how valuable a rich person's time is and no one posted the chart.

Translation:

Six hours of Jerkin it in the office alone and 49 hours of not doing anything of value to the company.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You don't even need to translate it, the graph just straight-up has 20 hours blocked out for things that everyone outside the c-suite would be fired for claiming as a part of their official workday.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Ghostlight posted:

You don't even need to translate it, the graph just straight-up has 20 hours blocked out for things that everyone outside the c-suite would be fired for claiming as a part of their official workday.

25, a lot of people don't get paid for their lunch break.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

limp_cheese posted:

I like that the "Miscellaneous" is just stuff everyone else has to do outside of work. So it's really a breakdown of a CEO's 35-hour workweek.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Deadite posted:

I like that the "Miscellaneous" is just stuff everyone else has to do outside of work. So it's really a breakdown of a CEO's 35-hour workweek.

Business meals as well. It's a 30 hour workweek.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Sitting in an conference room or on a call and periodically being an rear end in a top hat is a lot of work.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
18 hours meetings in a work week? Baby,

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

6 hours working alone is shitpost on the toilet

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Wait a minute that doesn't track. What I mean if you the ceo are spending less than 18h/w in meetings you are loving up don't you know how to delegate?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Jabberlock posted:

Handles being in a car crash better than Leno

That he keeps dancing down the street chowing down on chicken after the car explodes is :discourse:

Elden Ring DLC boss fight spoilers :mad:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Your epidermis is showing!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001