Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

my bony fealty posted:

I wish someone would give me an orb

thanks to years of metamaterials research we now have that technology

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/fado-table-lamp-white-70096377/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

that orb is imperfect
a damned imposter orb

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

to be fair its only 30 dollars what do u expect

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
the allegory of the orb

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
computer, orb, smooth

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again
My orb mother didn't love me.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
O.R.B.

Orbs
R
Beautiful

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Turtle Watch posted:

“You’re obviously not a skin man,” Trump said. He later reiterated the point, pounded the table and said, “which is okay.” He added, “I wish I wasn’t.”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2016/10/donald-trump-says-hes-a-skin-man-in-yucky-leaked-apprentice-transcript.html

:tinfoil:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This video is from 2013, interesting how little attention it's gotten until recently.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/12u31nk/congresswoman_darlene_hooley_why_are_ufos/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0EKqL1l96s

quote:

Congresswoman Darlene Hooley asks for an explanation as to why the intelligence behind UFOs would be disabling our nuclear weapons.

Captain Robert Salas suggests that the UFOs are in fact extraterrestrial and they would like to see us get rid of the nuclear weapons. The enormous stockpiles of nuclear weapons has put the world in a crisis situation that they could possibly want to see resolved.

Sergeant David Scott suggests that there could possibly be an alien threat. In June of 2001 President Bush was featured on the mainstream news networks to announce a new military space force and plans for a military base on the moon.

Senator Mike Gravel - "We have one. We have a space force. It is in existence and it has been written about extensively. It's there."

Congresswoman Carolyn Kilpatrick - "Some acknowledge it and some don't"

Captain Bruce Fenstermacher supports Captain Salas's theory that the entities are trying to warn us of the dangers of nuclear weapons. He then goes on to propose information about extraterrestrials be released to the public only if the entities are benign.

Capt. Schindele adds that he is aware of other launch officers who have had similar experiences but have not yet come forward. In fact these incidents were quite common.

Richard Dolan offers his opinion that there is not enough data yet to know precisely why these entities are causing these incidents.

Also hearty lol at confirmation of Space Force at least 4 years prior to Tlonp announcing it.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

pretty sure hes not confirming the existence of the breakaway civilization hes just repping the x-37b and its cousins

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

quote:

Captain Bruce Fenstermacher supports Captain Salas's theory that the entities are trying to warn us of the dangers of nuclear weapons. He then goes on to propose information about extraterrestrials be released to the public only if the entities are benign.

ah. encouraging that this happened in 2013 and information was not released to the public

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jazerus posted:

ah. encouraging that this happened in 2013 and information was not released to the public

lmao, I totally glossed over that part. :tinfoil:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

To be fair, all it takes to qualify as not benign is saying "please stop murdering your citizens before we help you"

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Art Bell '... That show an object behind Halle Bopp that is not natural. It is indeed controlled by some intelligence. Work is on the way to decode this intelligence. All of us, including myself, have our necks out on the line with this one."

Oh no danger Art turn back danger turn back ribbit danger

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

To be fair, all it takes to qualify as not benign is saying "please stop murdering your citizens before we help you"

Or in the case of the global south, "please stop helping your citizens before we murder you"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ooh, some big time intel sucky-fucky going on this weekend
https://news.yahoo.com/air-force-in...uiwKuoddSetEjly

e:
https://twitter.com/Debriefmedia/status/1649436477951029249?s=20

Good Soldier Svejk has issued a correction as of 17:24 on Apr 21, 2023

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

Art Bell '... That show an object behind Halle Bopp that is not natural. It is indeed controlled by some intelligence. Work is on the way to decode this intelligence. All of us, including myself, have our necks out on the line with this one."

Oh no danger Art turn back danger turn back ribbit danger

lol that’s a fun series of episodes that somehow no one got in any trouble over

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

wright-patrerson huh
dont they canonically have some things in the basement there?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

The Saucer Hovers posted:

wright-patrerson huh
dont they canonically have some things in the basement there?

P sure we saw some flying between the downed (?) Lake Huron thingy and there

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Plus it's the government
those fuckers don't work on a friday, let alone over the weekend, unless it's something juicy

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ill never forget the time anthony bragalia got ahold of some young, credulous secretary at wright-patterson who actually went around asking "EYYO WE GOT UFOS HERE OR WHAT??" for a day or two. i bet she lost her job :vince:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

This video is from 2013, interesting how little attention it's gotten until recently.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/12u31nk/congresswoman_darlene_hooley_why_are_ufos/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0EKqL1l96s

Also hearty lol at confirmation of Space Force at least 4 years prior to Tlonp announcing it.

First contact ends up just being Radar trying to take our dangerous toys away before we kill ourselves, and we respond by trying to kill them and steal their poo poo.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

panspermia is real and there is an unfortunate twist, it was aimed and we are just cattle being raised for consumption. leaked intel says the aliens waited until we hit 8 billion and now are initiating the next steps in their process

the orb is a meat inspection craft to see how juicy we are

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Plus it's the government
those fuckers don't work on a friday, let alone over the weekend, unless it's something juicy

can confirm

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
radar im ready for it, cull me

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It's a cookbook! :negative:

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Asimov's explanation for the only human galaxy was that earth had a very rare amount of background radiation that both stimulated mutations while not completely cooking the dna, so even if other planets were available to be seeded and seemingly had all the ingredients for life only earth could create it, like goldilocks zone +1

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

woowoo theory incoming

what if these beings (if they are beings and not just some weird natural phenomenon) came to the same conclusions as our mystics: that all the form and formlessness (spaciousness) in the universe is of the same source, the same being, and that life is the beautiful celebration of that being coming into conscious, and eventually self-aware form. They'd see all life as absolutely precious and worth keeping alive until evolution brings a higher awareness into the species and that species can keep itself alive through not being ignorant, violent fools.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

yeah the oo fos and oo aps are aliens. nuts and bolts alien guys that look like radar. I am ready to go live on their planet, eat their food, really see what it’s like on mars or whatever.

i bet there’s also tiny dinosaur animals that aliens keep as pets and you could visit Planet X the secret planet that the aliens come from and take a little dino pet home to live on earth

I also think that if the aliens knew that there were cool people on earth like the people in the cspam ufo thread, they would make contact with us. we could even promise to keep it a secret

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1648652639909863426?s=20

here's a morning show just matter of factly talking about UFOs today
like there's some chuckles but it's also played pretty straight as "this is real"

it always make a part of my brain spasm a bit when I see the madness of my obsessions infiltrate small pockets of normality like this and gives me the faintest hope that maybe this time will be different

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but once again, it isn't aliens.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Turtle Sandbox posted:

:wrong:

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

Turtle Sandbox posted:

lol

lmao, even

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

someone hasn't pondered the orb

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Turtle Sandbox posted:

of course its not aliens

its space aliens

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

the orb video is the most impressed I've been by UFO footage. you can practically reach out and caress the smooth, beautiful alien tech

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Turtle Sandbox posted:

i can tell how much you hate it

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
every time they shut off our nuclear weapons, the wall gets 2 feet higher!! :trumpsmug:

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

tbh I'm a reductionist until the bitter end. the amount of fraudsters, hoaxes, mass hysteria and dead-ends over the decades has convinced me that most explanations are mundane, with occasional (or rare) strong possibilities of the objects being unknown earthly tech

one time I was car camping in the desert and I woke up at 4am to a spidery looking craft about half the size of a car looming above me and slowly passing. it left me shook for half a day. then I did my homework and found pictures of GPS or photography drones, one of those, and yeah that was it for sure.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

well wrap it up ufoailures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

a goon saw a drone