Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Been on my mind as well. I had a big Norwegian elk hound pin me down when I was a toddler. He never bit me but that dog gave me hell every single time.

As a result I sometimes get nervous around large dogs who are extremely excited or loud. I say sometimes because 90% I'll still end up rolling around the ground with the dog like an idiot.

I get it, some dogs are dangerous. But at some point you have to learn that these animals that have been part of human societies for millenia are not going to eat you.

Here is a picture of the puppy who hangs out at my job

Gonna need you to pet the dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Oh, I pet her plenty. I'm about to head over for a short shift and I'm for sure gonna lie on the floor for her big hello first thing.

I cannot overstate how sweet she is. I think she's my favorite (extant :( ) doggy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Will never understand how someone can get so ridiculously anti dog. Even my friend who was injured severely by a dog as a little kid and it left him with lifelong trauma that makes him uncomfortable to be around dogs even completely harmless ones, has never talked about wanting to beat a dog with a brick or whatever lol.

I think it's often less anger towards dogs specifically and more anger towards anything that they can't control or won't show them proper deference. Cop attitude.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Puppy dogs!!!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

So you're waiting for a bus on a foggy morning and next thing you know two Rottweilers come up to you, start barking and jump up on you (but not, like, their full weight and force). Do you:

A) get out your sunglasses, announce "play time is over" and find the nearest brick
B) make no acknowledgement, ignore them and in a minute or two they will get bored, walk away, and you'll never see them again

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
B) but mostly because in that scenario, their owners would be the type to open fire on you if you tried to pet their fogs while they're on you

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Or I'd get my sexy stripper wife who is into me to save me

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

So you're waiting for a bus on a foggy morning and next thing you know two Rottweilers come up to you, start barking and jump up on you (but not, like, their full weight and force). Do you:

A) get out your sunglasses, announce "play time is over" and find the nearest brick
B) make no acknowledgement, ignore them and in a minute or two they will get bored, walk away, and you'll never see them again

C) throw the lasagna I was taking on the bus to the strip club in one direction and run away in the other direction

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Plant MONSTER. posted:

B) but mostly because in that scenario, their owners would be the type to open fire on you if you tried to pet their fogs while they're on you

had no idea where the dog's owners were and they didn't have collars, it was a very ftw situation

vyelkin posted:

C) throw the lasagna I was taking on the bus to the strip club in one direction and run away in the other direction

yep, this imo

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think it's often less anger towards dogs specifically and more anger towards anything that they can't control or won't show them proper deference. Cop attitude.
Dogs are way more subservient than cats though. My little dudes sass me off all the time, and pets and cuddles are strictly on their terms. You can tell a dog what to do. Good luck telling a cat anything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Will never understand how someone can get so ridiculously anti dog. Even my friend who was injured severely by a dog as a little kid and it left him with lifelong trauma that makes him uncomfortable to be around dogs even completely harmless ones, has never talked about wanting to beat a dog with a brick or whatever lol.
feeds a superiority complex i think. same as those guys who go from 'i dont want kids and i get annoyed when people in my life act like having them is inevitable' to r/childfree

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

B33rChiller posted:

Dogs are way more subservient than cats though. My little dudes sass me off all the time, and pets and cuddles are strictly on their terms. You can tell a dog what to do. Good luck telling a cat anything.

depends on the dog. some breeds are closer to cats and will want interaction when they decide. chihuahuas are super independent in my experience and mine just decides to hang out in another room some days.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

how I feel about animals depends on the type of debris im surrounded by. dont put me, cobblestones, and a bird in the same area i'll tell you that much

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

how I feel about animals depends on the type of debris im surrounded by. dont put me, cobblestones, and a bird in the same area i'll tell you that much

im sorry you got curbstomped by that sparrow one sunny spring morn

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
strimp club

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Yeah you fuckin with some strip club lasagna.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

depends on the dog. some breeds are closer to cats and will want interaction when they decide. chihuahuas are super independent in my experience and mine just decides to hang out in another room some days.
Sounds like some good dogs. 12/10

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

B33rChiller posted:

Sounds like some good dogs. 12/10

sometimes I'll walk by the room she's nested in and she'll see me and roll over wagging for some belly scratches

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

dope dogs, and cool cats

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost
I've had dogs chase me like for a few blocks before and I prefer cats hands down but like lol why would 1. Have vivid fantasies of hurting dogs specifically and 2. Post through said fantasies. I think wanting to hurt animals is like a Whole Thing in diagnosing literal phychopaths right, like the big sign of one early on is hurting animals? I don't want to armchair this guy, he might Just be weird, but there is a Possibility.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

sure is but, uh, mind telling us more about juicing “kittens”

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

NoiseAnnoys posted:

that's how we zoomers refer to banning your ex-e-girl from your friends-only discord server

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

NoiseAnnoys posted:

For legal reasons, no. Please contact my case lawyer for further inquiry.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KittenJucerSupreme posted:

I've had dogs chase me like for a few blocks before and I prefer cats hands down but like lol why would 1. Have vivid fantasies of hurting dogs specifically and 2. Post through said fantasies. I think wanting to hurt animals is like a Whole Thing in diagnosing literal phychopaths right, like the big sign of one early on is hurting animals? I don't want to armchair this guy, he might Just be weird, but there is a Possibility.
its 'actually hurting animals for real and not feeling any emotion about it.' just thinking about it could be smth like intrusive thoughts which are an entirely different psychological problem.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

C’mon, buddy, we’ve all juiced kittens before. It’s just the price you pay to be competitive in professional kitten sports

Edit: did you see the last Kitten bowl? Not a single one of those guys was free from some sort of PED, whether a booster or a steroid or just old fashioned nip it’s the nature of the sport these days

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 21, 2023

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Juicing kittens is what you do after you've finished the bonsai process

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost
The rumors of me being the famous Kansas City Kitten Killer are highly exagerated and I'm not sure what about my posts would imply otherwise or inspire these hurtful jokes.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Yes, making jokes about animal abuse is surely going to go well for you, rereg.

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Yes, making jokes about animal abuse is surely going to go well for you, rereg.

Hey do you know of a place that combines an animal shelter, handwriting school, brothel, and italian restaurant? I'd like a place to read 9 Chickweed Lane in peace. Thanks in advance!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hey do you know of a place that combines an animal shelter, handwriting school, brothel, and italian restaurant? I'd like a place to read 9 Chickweed Lane in peace. Thanks in advance!

you sick gently caress!!!!!!!!!!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

The rumors of me being the famous Kansas City Kitten Killer are highly exagerated and I'm not sure what about my posts would imply otherwise or inspire these hurtful jokes.

Go away

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 21, 2023

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

this dog wants everyone 2 chill out a bit!!

Endorph posted:

its 'actually hurting animals for real and not feeling any emotion about it.' just thinking about it could be smth like intrusive thoughts which are an entirely different psychological problem.

But it must be stressed one doesn't usually post their intrusive thoughts burn the whitehouse for everyone to read and see.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Post on your main. Or better yet not at all.

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Post on your main. Or better yet not at all.

You caught me red handed Detective Van Goatse- I'm actually a rereg of Iron Crowned and I built this elaborate persona so I could channel my murder fantasies through jokes about cats instead. But your meddling ruined my plans! Curse you Detective Goatse! You've not seen the last of me!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah, post through it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You caught me red handed Detective Van Goatse- I'm actually a rereg of Iron Crowned and I built this elaborate persona so I could channel my murder fantasies through jokes about cats instead. But your meddling ruined my plans! Curse you Detective Goatse! You've not seen the last of me!

Please stop.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Posting like this ftw

BUMBACLOT
Jun 19, 2008

mentally ill reregs ftw

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Good dog. Not reading the rest for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011