Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thankfully he got a niece and became a cool uncle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Speaking of Moon Knight, I made this

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Speaking of Diablo:

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
double post (diablo post!?)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superboy #125 (1965)

Superboy #125 (1965)

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

American Flagg's deranged alt-history that evinces all of the most cynical and unhappy assumptions about the future possible, based on a forward projection of Reagan era institutional psychopathy, is fuckin hilarious

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Spider-Man & Wolverine #4 (2003)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

looks like wolverine's healing factor doesnt cover hair loss.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ironfist Chinmi - Chapter 1

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Synthbuttrange posted:

looks like wolverine's healing factor doesnt cover hair loss.

Aren't hair fibers technically dead? So, like, his healing factor fixes the parts under the skin, but he'd have to wait for the dead cells to get pushed out into strands.

Wait, why does Logan have hair in the first place?!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Uthor posted:

Aren't hair fibers technically dead? So, like, his healing factor fixes the parts under the skin, but he'd have to wait for the dead cells to get pushed out into strands.

Wait, why does Logan have hair in the first place?!

Secundary mutation.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

(Planet Comics #1)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Captain Atom #87 (1967)

Just a terrible name.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Darthemed posted:

Captain Atom #87 (1967)

Just a terrible name.

Nobody knows that I, mild-mannered Hotten Coldie, am really the sinister Fiery-Icer!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Myok posted:

Nobody knows that I, mild-mannered Hotten Coldie, am really the sinister Fiery-Icer!

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Let's workshop better names
Arctic Flame
Snowburn
Blazefrost
Heatsicle
Mega rear end in a top hat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Snowflame - the cocaine powered hero

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

mercenarynuker posted:

Let's workshop better names
Arctic Flame
Snowburn
Blazefrost
Heatsicle
Mega rear end in a top hat

Blazeblue

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Runny Eggs

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
Look at all the people that never saw the glory that is

The Thermodynamic Man!

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017

GPTribefan posted:

The Thermodynamic Man!

well don't leave us hanging, did Spider-Man die or not?!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Down one clone

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

GPTribefan posted:

The Thermodynamic Man!

Spider-man has just about the right reaction to Mr. Defeats Himself.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Darthemed posted:

Captain Atom #87 (1967)

Just a terrible name.
Shoto Todoroki went through quite the overhaul from the early drafts, didn't he?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

This doesn’t answer anything!

Welcome to the X-Men!

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Grendels Dad posted:

Spider-man has just about the right reaction to Mr. Defeats Himself.

Next ish: Spidey goes through the motions! Be there, True Believer!

Marvel team-up is a treasure trove of lame villains that showed up once or twice and faded into obscurity. There has to be a goldmine of funny panels in there to be uncovered.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Nightwing #103: Long story short, Nightwing and the Titans are trying to save the soul of a little girl who was used as a bargaining chip in a deal with the devil. The plan? Quite literally, going to Hell and tracking down the deal in contract form to find some way to nullify it.

:siren: By the way, just a heads up if you don't read forum announcements, apparently imgur is gonna start wiping images that aren't associated with registered user accounts from there on 5/15 so a bunch of stuff might start disappearing from these image threads (hell, the whole forums tbh). If you're a regular uploader to these threads, you should probably make an account there or find another image host to use before posting more poo poo here. :siren:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 22, 2023

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
lensdump seems like a decent alternative fwiw

Unrelatedly, does anyone have the Squirrel Girl panels where she's talking to Thor on the phone and he says all he knows about the new Thor is "she's a good kisser and she is not my mother"?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

not gonna lie, even after reading the start of your post explaining what was happening, when i saw that first panel my immediate thought was "why is Colossus running around butt-rear end naked"

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Pilchenstein posted:

lensdump seems like a decent alternative fwiw

Unrelatedly, does anyone have the Squirrel Girl panels where she's talking to Thor on the phone and he says all he knows about the new Thor is "she's a good kisser and she is not my mother"?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Cheers, that last panel cracks me up so much :allears:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

GPTribefan posted:

Next ish: Spidey goes through the motions! Be there, True Believer!

Marvel team-up is a treasure trove of lame villains that showed up once or twice and faded into obscurity. There has to be a goldmine of funny panels in there to be uncovered.

I honestly never get tired of the comics where Spidey just clowns on a villain, despite the lack of tension it lends to the story. Like the Mysterio fight in that one game that ends in a single punch, or going up against The Enforcers, aka guy with gun and/or knows judo , guy with whip , and guy that's very strong, for a guy.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

evilmiera posted:

I honestly never get tired of the comics where Spidey just clowns on a villain, despite the lack of tension it lends to the story. Like the Mysterio fight in that one game that ends in a single punch, or going up against The Enforcers, aka guy with gun and/or knows judo , guy with whip , and guy that's very strong, for a guy.

I always like it when we're reminded that Spidey is crazy strong.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

And thus we learn why Thor is unworthy.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Secret Origins of the World's Greatest Super-Heroes (1990)

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Is the Jane Foster stuff worth(y) reading?

I never liked the whole 'he's literally the same god who led Viking raids a thousand years ago but somebody else picked up the hammer so he's not the real THOR" angle it seemed to take, and pretty much all the snippets I've seen were either self-congratulatory #girlboss or 'dying of cancer makes you noble' schlock... but like, I'd want to give it a fair shake if the run isn't actually that.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Secret Origins of the World's Greatest Super-Heroes (1990)

Nobody quite looking like they are about to say "Shut the gently caress up, Barry!", which is disappointing. Hal's seems more concerned that he is turning into his own worst enemy.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The Jane Foster Thor run is excellent, some real primo superhero comics. The highlight of Aaron's Thor for me. You want Thunder In Her Veins through Death of the Mighty Thor. It's not all self-contained and it's part of a larger plot that Thor Odinson picks up afterwards, but I think it stands alone pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the odinson stuff was pretty dumb but it was a necessary sacrifice to get some good comics about jane as thor.