Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Yeah, biyombo actually makes an effort and Ayton is soft as dudewipes. Only makes an effort when he feels like it and as soon as something goes wrong (like a turnover or embarrassing rebound given up, etc) he spirals.

Bizzy has obvious limitations but Ayton is so bitchmade. It’s embarrassing. The good aspects of his game have vanished, the dude was incredible in our finals run and he’s like a totally different player out there. On the bright side if the suns bomb out in the playoffs he’s probably gone.

So what about the games before where he was the the lead starter in +/- (in this hypothetical world where +/- isn't a stat for idiots)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

fart simpson posted:

depends how highly you rate sexual misconduct

Misconduct is a bit of a dark cloud, he had an affair which is awful, and I would never commit infidelity, and neither would my friends, but it’s not like he assaulted a woman in the parking lot like Isaiah Thomas

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Dejan Bimble posted:

Misconduct is a bit of a dark cloud, he had an affair which is awful, and I would never commit infidelity, and neither would my friends, but it’s not like he assaulted a woman in the parking lot like Isaiah Thomas
There's really no softer, gentler way to put "he had an ongoing affair with a woman who would reasonably expect to be fired if she initially, or ever, told him no"

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
If he just had an affair, it wouldn’t be anybody’s business. He had an affair with a close coworker who was effectively his subordinate and may have found it hard to say no.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
It also establishes a pattern that risks being held against women who work with him in future departments. At minimum jokes will be made about women who work closely in subordinate positions with him and it may cause their resumes to be read less favorably.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
It was someone's wife in the same organization so it wasn't coercive.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The argument over coercive or undue pressure towards the woman isn't really the point, it still shows tremendously poor professional behavior in general on the part of Ime and an incredible contempt for his coworkers given she was also married to someone in the 76ers organization.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
She worked in the organization, she wasn’t just someone’s wife.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

The Maestro posted:

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1649105664856162335?s=46&t=onxyh9cLuduaEE8VkMrnMQ

I’m just going to assume Monk didn’t qualify for 6moty and not look into it at all

He prob was but he still wasn't as good as Brogdon

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
There’s no evidence there was coercion though. This type of thing is frowned upon because there is a possibility of coercion. Two separate things.
It seems like he’s a serial philanderer with no discretion. Much larger character flaws are overlooked in players every day.
Miles Bridges is about to get some type of multi million dollar deal this off-season per example

No, before you attack me, I don’t think this is good or that every team should be jumping to loving hire udoka, my point is solely that there has been no reporting that he coerced or that it was in anyway non-consensual affair. I think getting too deep into that risks hitting at some racial tropes.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Yeah, biyombo actually makes an effort and Ayton is soft as dudewipes. Only makes an effort when he feels like it and as soon as something goes wrong (like a turnover or embarrassing rebound given up, etc) he spirals.

Bizzy has obvious limitations but Ayton is so bitchmade. It’s embarrassing. The good aspects of his game have vanished, the dude was incredible in our finals run and he’s like a totally different player out there. On the bright side if the suns bomb out in the playoffs he’s probably gone.

Maybe they should have let the pacers pay him then.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He had relations with two.

One was a minority owner's wife. The other was a team service manager.

Both started Consensual, the team service manager however ended it and he continued to make advancements and otherwise generally harass her

Owners wife, so long as it's consensual, sure whatever, that's punching up(probably a bigger problem on her end as she technically has more leverage over him in that relationship).

But yeah as a coach, you cannot be out here having relationships with people who functionally work under you, and definitely not continue to make advancements and chide them after they call it off.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

He had relations with two.

One was a minority owner's wife. The other was a team service manager.

Both started Consensual, the team service manager however ended it and he continued to make advancements and otherwise generally harass her

Owners wife, so long as it's consensual, sure whatever, that's punching up(probably a bigger problem on her end as she technically has more leverage over him in that relationship).

But yeah as a coach, you cannot be out here having relationships with people who functionally work under you, and definitely not continue to make advancements and chide them after they call it off.

Ah yeah thats it. For some reason i was only remembering the details of one and not all the naughty behavior post 2.

Carry on

My mistake

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is Udoka actually a good HC, accusations aside?

Here is the truth, and nobody wants to hear it, but it is almost impossible for an outsider to be able to judge if someone is a good coach, only if they are a terrible coach.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Rick posted:

So what about the games before where he was the the lead starter in +/- (in this hypothetical world where +/- isn't a stat for idiots)?

What about, uh, shut up Rick. Meet me in Temecula

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
E:addressed

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dejan Bimble posted:

There’s no evidence there was coercion though.

What firm evidence do any of us outside the organization actually have? Aren't we all running with rumors, mostly?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

dokmo posted:

Here is the truth, and nobody wants to hear it, but it is almost impossible for an outsider to be able to judge if someone is a good coach, only if they are a terrible coach.

And sometimes, many of the outsiders can't even judge that. (See, Rivers, Doc.)

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

predicto posted:

What firm evidence do any of us outside the organization actually have? Aren't we all running with rumors, mostly?

Turns out that wasnt really the issue, see above, he harassed her after it ended. Consensual ➡️ break off ➡️ harass

Which is what i somehow missed

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

None of those change the fact that this

Stagger_Lee posted:

he has some sort of congenital problem where he's only ever able to spin in a direction that takes him farther from the basket. scientists have no explanation

Is absolutely 100% the truth and it drives me loving NUTS watching it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

I think it's a bit easier in college ball where the play to play action is much more heavily dictated by coaching, but in the NBA so much of what happens is in the preparation we as fans never get to see.

What about, uh, shut up Rick. Meet me in Temecula

I'd love to, maybe we can get my mom to buy dinner.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Rick posted:

He's played like 50 minutes total during the regular season without booker or cp3. If ayton is on the floor then there's a good chance that other good players are on the floor too, whereas everyone else would stagger and then play to maximize their minutes

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Also we say the HC’s name as a stand-in to mean the coaching staff as a whole when we as outsiders have no idea who on the staff is doing what. You could seem like an amazing HC by yelling a lot and having your ACs do the work

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

If ayton gets the ball outside of the paint and does a fadeaway jumper then take a drink

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
He’s barely even going for the hook shot any more.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/samtrayter/status/1649396287135948802?s=19

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i'm glad i'm not the only one who, first game after they installed those, went 'oh my god that is way too much fire'

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

The nets need a legitimate point guard to upgrade over dinwiddie. Somebody who can create for others and himself. Somebody who will be available to make a move for without giving up trade assets from their exciting young core.

They need kyrie irving.

Miles Bridges for Tyus Jones + ‘sets

Make it happen

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

He’s barely even going for the hook shot any more.

And was the most efficient shot in the league a year ago! Maddening!!!!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

When phoenix wins go outside around 6 am and wait for it. It will be epic

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

NickRoweFillea posted:

Miles Bridges for Tyus Jones + ‘sets

Make it happen

I know you mean mikal but i wonder if charlotte would do that

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Dejan Bimble posted:

There’s no evidence there was coercion though. This type of thing is frowned upon because there is a possibility of coercion. Two separate things.
It seems like he’s a serial philanderer with no discretion. Much larger character flaws are overlooked in players every day.
Miles Bridges is about to get some type of multi million dollar deal this off-season per example

No, before you attack me, I don’t think this is good or that every team should be jumping to loving hire udoka, my point is solely that there has been no reporting that he coerced or that it was in anyway non-consensual affair. I think getting too deep into that risks hitting at some racial tropes.

I’m not going to attack you but tbh it doesn’t have anything to do with racial tropes

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

No suspension for Embiid or Harden tomorrow.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Rescind Harden's ejection and apologize

Suspend Embiid not for the kick but for bitch rear end flopping

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

He prob was but he still wasn't as good as Brogdon

Oh sure I’m fine with Brogdon, just hoped Monk would have been considered at all

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Space Camp fuckup posted:

And was the most efficient shot in the league a year ago! Maddening!!!!

He’s a really infuriating player to watch. I want him to succeed because I want the team to win the chip but god. It stinks to have to root for somebody who’s game you don’t respect

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
Embiid/Draymond flirting/harassment meme

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
temecula goonmeet, let's go a few dozen miles north to tom's farms and get weird boutique sodas before we slapbox.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status/1649437089098870784

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

"Yeah I got the source images you wanted on the shoes. Pretty wild stuff. Uh huh. Yeah man, makes sense. Listen, how do you want us to frame them?

Uh huh, ok, gas station nacho cheese bleeding like an open wound, got it. Good call."