Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Yes exactly, don’t do these, these are the toxic responses

Can someone plz buy a :msmarvel: for me to reply to this with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

dangerburrd posted:

Can someone plz buy a :msmarvel: for me to reply to this with

He's right though. Your opponent tried something moderately sneaky and it didn't work, something they're probably a bit annoyed by, and by using that emote you're just rubbing it in. It's toxic.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

uXs posted:

He's right though. Your opponent tried something moderately sneaky and it didn't work, something they're probably a bit annoyed by, and by using that emote you're just rubbing it in. It's toxic.

I’m not sure this is a sincere take but I see it as sort of a Dikembe finger wave, if you try to outfox someone you should be prepared to possibly get outfoxed yourself.

The annoyance should be at yourself for the misplay, not on your opponent for noticing it.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
3 times today I've webbed the zone where you can only play cards on turn 5 only to have them drop an infinaut the next turn

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

uXs posted:

Lmao. It's a thumbs up emoji. If that tilts you please don't play competitive games.

They should change it to this though since that's how people use it.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 21, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bottom Liner posted:

Lmao. It's a thumbs up emoji. If that tilts you please don't play competitive games.

They should change it to this though since that's how people use it.

Neither uXs or I were talking about being tilted bud, maybe you should calm down before white knighting the emojis in a mobile card game. We’re talking about what designates toxic behavior or not with emoting. You should try smoking weed or something idk

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Using Ms Marvel when you win or do something is toxic, using it when the opponent does something like use Leader when you've played Destroyer is fine

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't get it if you're gonna BM there why not use Thanos? It's funnier and more chill. Ms Marvel is just "I'm a piece of poo poo btw".

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Thanos is for BMing when they make a bad snap and lose, Ms. Marvel is for general purpose BMing. "What just happened?!" is for BMing when RNG wins you a game like your opponent's Knull getting hit by Danger Room. The language of Marvel Snap BMing is deep and complex; the only emote that isn't for BMing is the fist bump and even that's shaky.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

No Wave posted:

I don't get it if you're gonna BM there why not use Thanos? It's funnier and more chill. Ms Marvel is just "I'm a piece of poo poo btw".

Because the goal is to be an rear end in a top hat

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I like to exhibit extreme sportsmanship by spamming nonstop fist bumps

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

maybe you should calm down before white knighting the emojis in a mobile card game.

And people say the comedy on these forums is dead

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 21, 2023

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
What is BMing

Also lol

Edit: I fist bump after every game win lose or draw and I’d bet that gives me better sportsmanship than anyone complaining about getting ms marvel’d

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Manners

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

No way

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
My wife emotes thanos when she wins a game with a snap and uses no other emotes whatsoever, how concerned should I be

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dangerburrd posted:

My wife emotes thanos when she wins a game with a snap and uses no other emotes whatsoever, how concerned should I be

time to divorce the broad, sorry to be the one to break it to you :/

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
No amount of cartoon emotes in Snap will ever cause the amount of rage that the "Sorry" emote did in Hearthstone

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

dangerburrd posted:

What is BMing

It's when you know you have a while to get a few games in and remember to switch in your I Am On The Toilet custom title.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 21, 2023

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

dangerburrd posted:

I’m not sure this is a sincere take but I see it as sort of a Dikembe finger wave, if you try to outfox someone you should be prepared to possibly get outfoxed yourself.

The annoyance should be at yourself for the misplay, not on your opponent for noticing it.

Every Goblin you play is a gamble, so not every one that gets blocked is a misplay. Doesn't mean your opponent has to be an rear end in a top hat about it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

uXs posted:

Every Goblin you play is a gamble, so not every one that gets blocked is a misplay. Doesn't mean your opponent has to be an rear end in a top hat about it.

My favorite is getting snapped when they block a sneak-Goblin and then eating my own Goblin with Carnage anyway.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Also being obnoxious with emotes is kid poo poo, use the card reactions like god intended

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Card reactions are exclusively for doing 😡 on Scarlet Witch/Reality Stone when it changes your location to something stupid.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So the devs have clarified a few things about Kitty Pryde.

quote:

Q: Does Kitty gain +2 when returned to hand with Beast or Falcon after her rework?
A: Glenn “You’ve interpreted the new text correctly. We decided to add this compatibility in the rework as compensation for some of her lost strength elsewhere.”

Q: Will Beast return Kitty to zero cost when she is reworked?
A: Glenn “Yes, Beast’s cost reduction should now stick. His effect will now also give her +2 Power.”

Q: Will Kitty’s interaction with Wave stay the same as pre-change?
A: Glenn “She will now cost 4 when Wave is active, as the reason she didn’t before was that the game had not yet resolved her in your hand. Now she’ll be there and subject to abilities affecting cards in your hand.”

Also, the only ways to stop her from returning to your hand are Professor X or to have a completely full hand of 7 cards (she returns before your draw for the turn).

Kitty Pryde Bounce with Beast will be... interesting!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

She could be as cheap as a 3/10. If she's hit with Bast on turn 1 she gains a whopping 1 power, but after that she becomes weaker. There are more powerful interactions in Bounce lists, but not by much. She's actually going to be pretty strong with Sunspot and She Hulk. Beast her on 3 and Sunspot can just soak energy, and turn 6 can be explosive. I'm looking forward to reviving my bounce list next month.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Quackles posted:

Also, the only ways to stop her from returning to your hand are Professor X

Kitty sounds fun. I dunno if I’ll ever get to play her.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

BGrifter posted:

I have some good news, they're giving her to everyone for free!
they just have to keep her from crashing the game first

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

BGrifter posted:

They're giving her to everyone for free once she's fixed.

From there, it's just a matter of figuring out a deck.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Beast, Armor, Angela, Sunspot, She Hulk, Bishop, Hit Monkey, Mysterio, Chavez for consistency. Maybe Carnage and Debrii, or Polaris and Rogue or something. Last turn is a free 6+ Kitty, She Hulk, Mysterio, Hit Monkey. 29+ power last turn swing on a high roll. Maybe put Sera in there for a complete miracle 6 play.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Walla posted:

Beast, Armor, Angela, Sunspot, She Hulk, Bishop, Hit Monkey, Mysterio, Chavez for consistency. Maybe Carnage and Debrii, or Polaris and Rogue or something. Last turn is a free 6+ Kitty, She Hulk, Mysterio, Hit Monkey. 29+ power last turn swing on a high roll. Maybe put Sera in there for a complete miracle 6 play.

She also works with The Collector now, too.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Devo posted:

I have some good news, they're giving her to everyone for free!
they just have to keep her from crashing the game first

Quackles posted:

They're giving her to everyone for free once she's fixed.

From there, it's just a matter of figuring out a deck.

That’s awesome! :woop:

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I once turned a sarcastic Ms marvel into a legitimate fist bump through the power of friendship.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Kitty sounds fun.

she dropped n bombs on the regular in the 80's

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Walla posted:

Wish I had Hit Monkey because hot drat this sounds fun. Been a bit bored of Sera Control recently ever since I got Thanos, plus control Doomwave is scratching my control itch.

Speaking of Sera, what would be a good swap for Armor in the canonical Sera Control deck? I feel like Armor is more hurt than help at this point, and though it's fun to hit the Armor-Enchantress-Shang Chi combo it's my entire turn 6 and only works once in a blue moon.

LGD posted:

she dropped n bombs on the regular in the 80's

Also what the gently caress lol. What is wrong with Marvel writers

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Youremother posted:

quite a bit

tbf they were incredibly ham handed and tone deaf calls for equality, x-men in general runs into some awkward tensions when mutants' metaphorical standing in for racial and sexual minorities is examined closely/taken too seriously

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Youremother posted:

Wish I had Hit Monkey because hot drat this sounds fun. Been a bit bored of Sera Control recently ever since I got Thanos, plus control Doomwave is scratching my control itch.

Speaking of Sera, what would be a good swap for Armor in the canonical Sera Control deck? I feel like Armor is more hurt than help at this point, and though it's fun to hit the Armor-Enchantress-Shang Chi combo it's my entire turn 6 and only works once in a blue moon.

Juggernaut is really good in sera, he locks down a lane you’re winning turn 6 and is a hilarious counter to storm early game

Once juggernauts in the deck storm becomes a consideration over scarlet witch

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Youremother posted:

Hit Monkey can be yours for $10. Or just wait until about September. :) I'm skipping next month's season pass though.

As for a replacement for Armor, slot him out for any 2 drop. The whole point of the Miracle list is to have a zoo flood on 6 that sneaks in a lot of power. Slot in Zabu for cheaper Enchantress and Shang on 6, slot in Maria Hill for value or Beast for repositioning, Carnage for cleanup. Really just find a 2 drop that you like. You could also put in Iron Fist for positioning or Ant Man or Titania for value. When I still ran Sera Control I didn't have Mysterio yet but Star Lord is great on turn 6.

Also the n word was everywhere in the 80's. It wasn't unique to the X-Men or comics in any way. The Civil Rights movement was only 20 years earlier and America was filled with much more casual racism then.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Hm I've gotten Bast from the caches now, any decent decks that go with it? I've heard it works well with Mysterio.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Pixeltendo posted:

Hm I've gotten Bast from the caches now, any decent decks that go with it? I've heard it works well with Mysterio.

C3 with Valkyrie. Mr Negative with a bunch of 0 powers love her as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Pixeltendo posted:

Bast is used in a bunch of decks - in addition to negative and c3 the card can be used to good effect in a number of bounce and sera control/hand dump strategies (mysterio is best since it makes it a 2/9, but it has a lot of synergy with payoff cards like Angela/hit monkey and things like Hood [timing dependent])