Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Palladium posted:

wait isn't heero the guy who keeps blowing up his own gundams

lol yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1649602293229125633

darth has 226,600 followers and southpaw another 256,700. Blue is really going well.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

literally the worst person to run a company

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

you absolutely can't convince me that elon did this for no other reason than having an excuse for the next launch date to be 6/9

Rudeboy Detective posted:

strictly scientifically speaking, Elon Reeves Musk is of the "Heero Yuy" archetype, in gundam wing terms.

he's cold and calculating, ruthlessly intelligent and effective, but has a strong, hidden romantic side. this can also be seen in his hair style.

he's no duo maxwell because Elon Reeves Musk has never claimed to be a superior robot fighter, he's just a superior manager
he's certainly no qatra (sp?) because he's no colonialist
he can't be a trowa because he's no clown
finally, Elon Reeves Musk is no wufei because he NEVER fights alone

it's time like this that make me wish i watched G gundam

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

does this dude use gold leaf for toilet paper

no, but he does eat a lot of Big Macs and fries. So he poops a lot.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Rudeboy Detective posted:

strictly scientifically speaking, Elon Reeves Musk is of the "Heero Yuy" archetype, in gundam wing terms.

he's cold and calculating, ruthlessly intelligent and effective, but has a strong, hidden romantic side. this can also be seen in his hair style.

he's no duo maxwell because Elon Reeves Musk has never claimed to be a superior robot fighter, he's just a superior manager
he's certainly no qatra (sp?) because he's no colonialist
he can't be a trowa because he's no clown
finally, Elon Reeves Musk is no wufei because he NEVER fights alone

Looking into it

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ringo Roadagain posted:

seinfeld reboot with robert patterson as jerry

seinfeld reboot with robert pattinson as jerry, elaine, george, and cosmo

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Palladium posted:

wait isn't heero the guy who keeps blowing up his own gundams

An heero

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/Fritschner/status/1649601813308424192?t=7Ekq0ioUfD-Olh-JybQ15w&s=19

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Filthy Hans posted:

seinfeld reboot with robert pattinson as jerry, elaine, george, and cosmo

If one person does all the roles it needs to either be Tyler Perry or James McAvoy (check out “Split”).

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Old James posted:

If one person does all the roles it needs to either be Tyler Perry or James McAvoy (check out “Split”).

I haven't seen Split but I've seen Filth and McAvoy sure can play an irredeemable narcissist so good call

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/marisakabas2/status/1649602581562376192

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

my water cooled rig will surely withstand 5 billion newtons of explosive force slamming into it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ice t has achieved the final level... verification

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Ringo Roadagain posted:

seinfeld reboot with robert patterson as jerry

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/emilyctamkin/status/1649577461791719426?s=20

this is only going to get funnier over the next few days.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i have information that will lead to the bluecheck removal of hillary clinton

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

rocket fuel can't melt steel plates

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Just a Moron posted:

I wish elon would blow up some more rockets

youtube recommended me a vid of the rocket vaporizing tons of concrete and dirt and shooting it like a uzi everywhere and i'd like to see that again

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress is 'static fire data'

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
presumably firing the engines at standstill

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Not a rocket physicist here, but I suspect there is a reason actual scientists and engineers have never gone with the water cooler steel plate method to deal with the astronomical forces of a rocket launch that obliterate an improperly built launch pad.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Asproigerosis posted:

Not a rocket physicist here, but I suspect there is a reason actual scientists and engineers have never gone with the water cooler steel plate method to deal with the astronomical forces of a rocket launch that obliterate an improperly built launch pad.

they weren't as smart and inventive as elon musk.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
id assume its not for the force but because the flames burning the poo poo out of everything because its got such a slow launch. just put a gpu heatpipe on your launchpad babey

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Old James posted:

Don’t forget Tatiana Maslany

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

wow thank you mr musk

https://twitter.com/BloombergAsia/status/1649714755085426693

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Look all they need to do is build a huge surface area of steel, with no flaws, breaks, or metallurgical impurities, and then keep that perfectly and consistently cool, as it expands, while under incredible multipoint heat-spike, vertical, and lateral pressure, in the hell tornado that is a launch.

Sounds easy for the world's top engineer Elon 'real life Iron Man' Musk.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I paid for free speech

https://twitter.com/JoeyMannarinoUS/status/1649262376485568512?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Martian posted:

What the gently caress is 'static fire data'

you bolt the engine down and fire it at full power to get data

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

How do these idiots keep owning themselves so badly

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I guess it is a good question if they could even use another launch site. They are leasing 3 government launch sites but those are for much smaller rockets and in all honesty I don’t think the Federal government is going to allow Musk to just run his launches how he feel likes on their property (it would be amazing if they did though).

Otherwise, that entire launch site has to be rebuilt and yeah, a year is probably fair. That would take until mid-2024 to get another shot and everything is suppose to be ready by late 2025.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Programmer Humor posted:

another reason we need the hyperloop, which is immune to this sort of thing

If we connect the hyperloop to the exhaust trenches, we could solve multiple problems at once.

Looking into it.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

NofrikinfuN posted:

I am incapable of understanding how a blue check was ever considered a status symbol when it just functionally tells you the user really is who they claim to be. The "elitist" portion comes from actually being that famous celebrity or billionaire or whatever. Pretending you're on equal ground by paying for a checkmark is incredibly stupid.

MY DECADENT CELEBRITY WIFE was verified because she was at a reputable news publication and often shared original reporting. Her menagerie of chiropractor reply guys and science-is-the-devil mama bears are a primary Twitter Blue user base.

It's a cargo cult. They buy the star and assume the legitimacy will follow.

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Typical Twitter Blue user using $8 worth of toilet paper every day

Verified: as full of poo poo

sube
Nov 7, 2022

https://twitter.com/SouthpawLeftist/status/1649586553809674240
lol

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

He’s so loving dumb and his fragile ego means he can’t admit the common practice for space rocket launches for decades is better than his stupid ideas so he’s gonna slap a giant slab of metal underneath it and spray it with some hoses. Really glad we’re paying this stupid rear end in a top hat billions of tax dollars to not even be able to reinvent what our public institutions did over have a century ago

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

You, doing nothing at all: Virtue Signaling

Me, paying $96 a year for a literal virtual signal:

https://twitter.com/ErikPBrown1/status/1649760865720184832?s=20

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:qq: You dumb celebrities have to pay for the checkmark or else it’s just me and people like me who have them and people will think it’s a loser mark then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

For once a Tesla battery is useful.