Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

One of the... several problems with this argument is that it ignores the context of how the Lions brought Jamo back. They were very deliberately bringing him back slowly to recover from his injury, and when he hit the field he displayed all the talent and speed that they drafted him for. It was pretty clear (in my eyes at least) that the reason he didn't have more touches was because Goff wasn't really comfortable throwing to him yet, as the dude is just so fast that every ball Goff threw ended up behind him. A full offseason (which Jamo will have) will help him and Goff get on the same page, and they should be able to hit the ground running once he's back from the suspension. There's certainly nothing in my mind that makes me worried that Jamo is gonna flame out, or the the Lions wasted the pick.

e: also he would have had an extra TD if this one wasn't called back for holding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU2WdVqGZok

I hope you're right honestly, I want Jamo to do well. The one thing that gives me pause was his snap count once healthy. Because, I assume, if he's healthy enough to take a single snap he was cleared to take a full slate. Was his not having more snaps toward the end because he wasn't fully healthy? Struggled to learn the playbook? Or just didn't have the practice reps with the team? And then add 6 more games onto the pile and it makes me think he's on a downward trend.

Does anyone know if he's able to practice with the team this offseason or engage in preseason? I haven't seen anyone comment on it from the media yet. Because I'm assuming the suspension means he won't, but I could be wrong because it was only 6 games and not the full season like Ridley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mercenarynuker posted:

The better bust debate is Okudah. Is he a bust, or just wrong place/wrong time?

He was drafted and thrown into the deep end to replace Darius Slay, he was coached by Matt Patricia, then adding all of his injuries is one hell of a one-two punch for your development. I hope it was just wrong place/wrong time and he bounces back in Atlanta.

fennesz posted:

Does anyone know if he's able to practice with the team this offseason or engage in preseason? I haven't seen anyone comment on it from the media yet. Because I'm assuming the suspension means he won't, but I could be wrong because it was only 6 games and not the full season like Ridley.

MJeff posted:

He can do full preseason participating, then he's gone. Can practice week 4, start week 7.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 21, 2023

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Jamo’s snap count at the end of the year was low because he was getting back into football shape, hadn’t practiced enough with the team, and was still get up to speed on the playbook. He also just wasn’t really needed because the offense was humming.

It’s pretty normal to bring a guy back from an injury slowly, doubly so if he’s a rookie who has never played an NFL game before.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The very sane lions fan base seems to feel this means we have to take a receiver in the first round.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

SKULL.GIF posted:

IMO Amon-Ra/Jameson is competitive with Jefferson/???, Watson/???, and Moore/Claypool. Like you can argue for separation here but I don't think it's clear that the Lions have the "worst WRs in the division".

This Darnell Mooney erasure will not stand :argh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Danny LaFever posted:

The very sane lions fan base seems to feel this means we have to take a receiver in the first round.

They probably needed to take a WR somewhere anyway but doing it with 6 or 18 is obviously insane.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bijan at 18. Who says no?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If it were me, I would simply find a way to take all of Richardson, Bijan, Carter, Anderson Jr, Witherspoon, Cancey and Reese.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

MJeff posted:

If it were me, I would simply find a way to take all of Richardson, Bijan, Carter, Anderson Jr, Witherspoon, Cancey and Reese.

Urban Meyer account spotted

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sataere posted:

Yeah, Mooney is much better than Claypool. He's just not a #1.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just bring back Megatron.

Problem solved.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'm not sold on cancey. From what I understand he had a lot of missed assignments? Not that I watched, just what I heard on a podcast about possible targets.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Players should be able to bet on any games they're not playing in.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sataere posted:

Darnell Whooney?
-This thread, four weeks into the season

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Parallelwoody posted:

I'm not sold on cancey. From what I understand he had a lot of missed assignments? Not that I watched, just what I heard on a podcast about possible targets.

yeah he seems to be a bit of a gambler. Lots of MAs on his tape. Campbell HATES that. I mean Pleasant lost his job because of it.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Clearly a bust.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Comfortador posted:

Clearly a bust.

…in Canton!!

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Pontius Pilate posted:

…in Canton!!

:downsrim:

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

My dad is convinced this cements Robinson for the Lions at 6. "Bijon would be like drafting twice with his versatility!" Sure, dad

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HootTheOwl posted:

Players should be able to bet on any games they're not playing in.

This is america, you're only allowed to bet on things you have insider knowledge on when you're in congress selling stocks

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

IcePhoenix posted:

This is america, you're only allowed to bet on things you have insider knowledge on when you're in congress selling stocks

Who cares. It's not like you can change the outcome

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

HootTheOwl posted:

Darnell Whooney?
-This thread, four weeks into the season

YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Acebuckeye13 posted:

One of the... several problems with this argument is that it ignores the context of how the Lions brought Jamo back. They were very deliberately bringing him back slowly to recover from his injury, and when he hit the field he displayed all the talent and speed that they drafted him for. It was pretty clear (in my eyes at least) that the reason he didn't have more touches was because Goff wasn't really comfortable throwing to him yet, as the dude is just so fast that every ball Goff threw ended up behind him. A full offseason (which Jamo will have) will help him and Goff get on the same page, and they should be able to hit the ground running once he's back from the suspension. There's certainly nothing in my mind that makes me worried that Jamo is gonna flame out, or the the Lions wasted the pick.

e: also he would have had an extra TD if this one wasn't called back for holding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU2WdVqGZok

The absolute worst thing you can say about him right now is that his route tree is kind of limited but he’s so fast that it doesn’t really matter because he runs the routes that are important for speed guys.

I don’t know if this makes it more likely for them to draft a tight end/wr. They probably should anyway since it’s such a deep tight endclass and they traded theirs away. As for wide receivers It looks like there are some fast small guys but nothing like last year’s class by orders of magnitude

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HootTheOwl posted:

Who cares. It's not like you can change the outcome

I think you missed the point behind my post worse than a Vikings kicker after a Touchdown

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Dejan Bimble posted:

As for wide receivers It looks like there are some fast small guys but nothing like last year’s class by orders of magnitude

The top of the WR class is filled with slot guys and the Lions already happen to have a very good one.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Will FanDuel let me bet on the next NFL player to get banned for betting on the NFL? They should

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

IcePhoenix posted:

I think you missed the point behind my post worse than a Vikings kicker after a Touchdown

I think you were able to score cheap points against me because I'm a bears fan

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

HootTheOwl posted:

I think you were able to score cheap points against me because I'm a bears fan

This rings true like a donk off the uprights.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

This rings true like a donk off the uprights.

What if I double down?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I have an imgur account, so I've saved and uploaded all of the LIONS BITCH gifs I could find

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I have an imgur account, so I've saved and uploaded all of the LIONS BITCH gifs I could find

You're doing God's work

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

HootTheOwl posted:

What if I double down?

Double doink baby

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Double doink baby

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

he's gone
it's over

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
And we just played the AFC East so we probably never have to see this man again.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1650594900012834834

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Sure, great glad they got a pick swap and a couple 2nds for a guy who likely? will only play a year or two but also equally as likely with the RAGE will probably win the loving MVP knowing him.

Otoh gently caress the entire packer's FO for so thoroughly loving up this entire situation up you talentless hacks.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Now I just need Aaron to fake an injury that keeps him out 36% of the season as one final act of spite against Green Bay's front office

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well if there's one thing i can say about aaron rodgers it's that he is extremely annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol:

:laffo:

gently caress off, Aaron.

:lmao: