Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

idgi, is it just that there are a lot of scuppers/downspouts?

e: Nevermind I get it, you could say it was right in front of me

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

kreeningsons posted:

I did color matching for three different shades of beige in my last apartment, they were able to identify the manufacturer and exact formulation of two of them, so they made me a sample of both. I painted over a few spots and it ended up being indistinguishable from the rest of the wall.

Did you take a sample of the paint in with you? Because I can get a sample easy.

Just by cracking off a bit of the dented wall.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I guess that's one way to make sure roof penetrations don't cause leaks!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

lol, there’s a thousand percent chance that they replaced that pedestal and didn’t want to grind off the old bolts and put new ones in the ground.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I'm gonna guess "used the wrong template"

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I mean, it's very hard to predict where bolt holes will line up.

Jows
May 8, 2002

That's definitely a "someone hosed up" but not the installers. Either procurement or engineering. The installers did best they could by at least engaging the washers on the edge of the plate!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Yeah naw the installers hosed up too by installing it at all. Wrong mounting points? Go home and ring up the chain that poo poo is hosed, don't just jury rig it the best you can.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Did you take a sample of the paint in with you? Because I can get a sample easy.

Just by cracking off a bit of the dented wall.

Yeah I chipped off a piece that was already loose with a pocket knife and put it in a ziploc bag and then handed it to the person at the paint counter

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Nice. Also,

Don't half rear end two things. Whole rear end one thing. -Ron Swanson

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
from reddit:
Will my tub fall through the floor?

Was going to move the clawfoot tub here, it was on the perpendicular wall previously. The joists are in rough shape. Would a lighter freestanding tub be better or do I need the joists repaired? 2nd floor 1890 balloon framed house. Thanks!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

from reddit:

Was going to move the clawfoot tub here, it was on the perpendicular wall previously. The joists are in rough shape. Would a lighter freestanding tub be better or do I need the joists repaired? 2nd floor 1890 balloon framed house. Thanks!

regardless the women are going to loving love this room

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Vim Fuego posted:

from reddit:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Vim Fuego posted:

from reddit:

It's not you asking this question, it's just copy/paste from Reddit, do I understand correctly?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Arrath posted:

Yeah naw the installers hosed up too by installing it at all. Wrong mounting points? Go home and ring up the chain that poo poo is hosed, don't just jury rig it the best you can.

It depends on context. It looks like a loose slab on top of pavement so it's just something put there temporarily and moved around, maybe. Then it can't be very top heavy because in that case a single slab is not heavy enough. OTOH if it's meant to be a fixed permanent installation then it's a problem.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/WLcQIlO.mp4

HELP my smart thermostat is trying to sous vide my dumb rear end this is my actual life not from somewhere else I'm slowly dying

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Don't worry, blastman.exe is the tutorial boss so he's easy to beat.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

VelociBacon posted:

HELP my smart thermostat is trying to sous vide my dumb rear end this is my actual life not from somewhere else I'm slowly dying

I'm laughing too hard to make a funny or intelligent reply to this.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

VelociBacon posted:

Have you considered moving outside? Come back in a couple of days and see if the thermostat has forgiven you.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

VelociBacon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjODCllZj4w

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nitrox posted:

It's not you asking this question, it's just copy/paste from Reddit, do I understand correctly?

Ha yeah, I considered just reposting it without attribution but decided it was a little much. Those are blessedly someone elses joists or lack thereof.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Vim Fuego posted:

from reddit:

My judgement on this photo, seeing the Pex and sharkbite connections, is that this person has done quite a bit of work before they got to this point too. All that nice PVC installed to be sawzall'd and tossed in the dumpster.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vim Fuego posted:

from reddit:

Willard : They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your joists were unsound.

Kurtz : Are my joists unsound?

Willard : I don't see any joists at all, sir.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

Just an update on this in case anyone was curious: my google home app was doing this somehow. It wasn't programmed to.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

VelociBacon posted:

Just an update on this in case anyone was curious: my google home app was doing this somehow. It wasn't programmed to.

Glad you're not dead. We were warned about home automation though.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Did you fix it

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

peanut posted:

Did you fix it

It was a software glitch it wasn't like a setting or a scheduled temp change or anything. It eventually stopped last night and I'm just going to keep an eye on it. If it gets to 30C in this room I'll know about it because I sleep in here.

I feel like I should also add that I'm super happy with these Mysa thermostats for the baseboard heaters (electric). I hugely recommend them. This glitch was google home being fucky and not the thermostats themselves or their app.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Never fails.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I have one of those basic Honeywells. The extent of its smarts is being able to set morning/work/evening/sleep times and temperatures. It doesn't know a damned thing beyond that. It's perfect, beyond that it's been complaining about a low battery for the past two years.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

VelociBacon posted:

It was a software glitch it wasn't like a setting or a scheduled temp change or anything. It eventually stopped last night and I'm just going to keep an eye on it. If it gets to 30C in this room I'll know about it because I sleep in here.

I feel like I should also add that I'm super happy with these Mysa thermostats for the baseboard heaters (electric). I hugely recommend them. This glitch was google home being fucky and not the thermostats themselves or their app.

My Nest did that last summer, in Arizona. I had to reset it and reinstall the app, but that was a fun afternoon.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The rest: https://imgur.com/gallery/tbmq9xs

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Oh these are just delightful.

How the gently caress.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Are you telling me you wouldn’t sit on the high throne to rule over your subjects?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Orvin posted:

Are you telling me you wouldn’t sit on the high throne to rule over your subjects?

"You! Down there! I demand that you bring me... Toilet Paper!"

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
random tumblr dump

"Temporary stairs built before the permanent ones."

hostel bathroom in Iceland

"Basement stairs. So, I guess the tread is supposed to prevent accidents, even though it’s not nailed down."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Live edge column!

Seriously though, how do the roots get water?

I hope that toilet is ADA height!