Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
It's legitimately wild that we're almost certainly going to be seeing an 82 year old Joe Biden face off against a 78 year old Donald Trump for the presidency of the top dog of international capitalism, but: it's also tremendous content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mike N Eich posted:

It's legitimately wild that we're almost certainly going to be seeing an 82 year old Joe Biden face off against a 78 year old Donald Trump for the presidency of the top dog of international capitalism, but: it's also tremendous content

Let’s get the youngbloods in there, Desantis vs Buttigieg for the Presidency of the United States.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

HannibalBarca posted:

I thought it was a neat episode, although I feel like there was a missed opportunity in not discussing the insane three-tier distribution system for alcoholic beverages in this country, a ridiculous example of institutionalized rent-seeking that has empowered a legion of reactionary owners of small-to-medium sized distribution businesses

surprised they didnt touch on how insane the big families behind some of these beers are. ive read a bit of bitter brew about the anheuser-busch families, and silver bullet about the coors family and lol

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

surprised they didnt touch on how insane the big families behind some of these beers are. ive read a bit of bitter brew about the anheuser-busch families, and silver bullet about the coors family and lol

TrueAnon has a good episode about the AB family.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lemme blow your mind: Bitter Brew is the sanitized, authorized version. check out Under The Influence

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Biden or Trump. One of them is going to president, there are no other options. Which do you prefer?

Neither, cause they’re both rapists who like putting kids in cages. The moment the primaries got ratfucked for Biden the election was over and the people had lost.

Turns out getting Biden elected didn’t even save Roe v Wade cause the Democrats don’t give a poo poo. Also Biden somehow managed to be worse on covid, a true achievement.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Nope, that wasn't one of the options. If you'll notice, Biden won.

It doesn't matter if you don't like being forced into the position of having to choose between lesser evils, nobody does. I know Bernie was the best choice during the primary, it got shut down by the DNC immune system and was no longer an option. I know Biden is trash, that's been his entire political career. For everything bad he does, I don't imagine the outcome would have been any better if Trump and the Republican party had won instead. Biden is bad on covid, Trump and the Republicans don't even think it exists. Biden is an accused rapist, Trump is even more of an accused rapist. You have A or B, and internally you hold some preference for one or the other whether or not you want to actually say what that is. If people like you want to snipe at me with dumb irony posts then go ahead, this topic has already been run into the ground years ago and it's weird to see anyone trying to relitigate it. If you really think Trump was a better choice than Biden in a race with binary outcomes then say so directly, the choice is clear enough to me.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
lmao take this poo poo back to DnD

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I thought SYQ were banned?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

For everything bad he does, I don't imagine the outcome would have been any better if Trump and the Republican party had won instead. Biden is bad on covid, Trump.. don't even think it exists.

Trump repeatedly talks about how good the vaccines were and how important and smart he was to get them out quickly at rallies to the boos and jeers of his audience.

And it wasn't Trump's administration that led us to this era of just pretending it's all over and everything is normal now, that's all on the Biden admin.

They both suck you don't have to make poo poo up to try and make biden look better.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

shame on an IGA posted:

lemme blow your mind: Bitter Brew is the sanitized, authorized version. check out Under The Influence

oh cool ill check this out, thanks :tipshat:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

lmao take this poo poo back to DnD

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Nope, that wasn't one of the options.

Bernie Sanders

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
There's the interview with Matt and the other guy on Skullduggery in january 2020 where they get asked if they would commit to supporting whoever gets the nom and Matt says "I live in new york, what difference does it make?" and he is exactly correct. I live in a state where my presidential vote doesn't matter, nobody thinks it's flipping to the other side and there was arguably a tangible benefit to voting for Sanders in 2020 because it showed that my red state had people who were not going to vote for biden or trump if you put them in front of us. But, if you told me I could only vote for trump or biden I would spit in your face and refuse to vote, and I think history has proven that to be the correct stance.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Trump repeatedly talks about how good the vaccines were and how important and smart he was to get them out quickly at rallies to the boos and jeers of his audience.

Thank you, I feel like his actual positions are often clouded by people assuming Trump is just a republican, he's way more interesting than that - and arguably has better political acumen than most R's because he just wants cool people to like him.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
trump never blew up a pipeline and is less likely to get us into nuclear war :smugdog:

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Trump is a germaphobe and probably terrified of the rona, fast-tracking the vaccine is like the one unambiguously good thing he did and it's so funny that he gets zero credit for it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It doesn't matter if you don't like being forced into the position of having to choose between lesser evils, nobody does. I know Bernie was the best choice during the primary, it got shut down by the DNC immune system and was no longer an option. I know Biden is trash, that's been his entire political career. For everything bad he does, I don't imagine the outcome would have been any better if Trump and the Republican party had won instead. Biden is bad on covid, Trump and the Republicans don't even think it exists. Biden is an accused rapist, Trump is even more of an accused rapist. You have A or B, and internally you hold some preference for one or the other whether or not you want to actually say what that is. If people like you want to snipe at me with dumb irony posts then go ahead, this topic has already been run into the ground years ago and it's weird to see anyone trying to relitigate it. If you really think Trump was a better choice than Biden in a race with binary outcomes then say so directly, the choice is clear enough to me.

Not voting or voting third party is a valid choice, especially when the two main party candidates are equally vile.

There was no lesser evil in that election and no harm was reduced. You’re just someone trying to convince yourself you made the right choice when you willingly voted for the rapist.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Whatever man this shits boring who cares

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

When the fuckers forced Biden on us, this was the moment for the left to burn things down and show that things can’t keep going that way. Instead the « left » immediately folded, MeToo and BLM dumpstered to put the guy proud to have built the child cages on the throne. Pretty much every leftist cause has taken a huge step backward and somehow we still have morons who think Biden was the lesser evil.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

MonsieurChoc posted:

Not voting or voting third party is a valid choice, especially when the two main party candidates are equally vile.

There was no lesser evil in that election and no harm was reduced. You’re just someone trying to convince yourself you made the right choice when you willingly voted for the rapist.

If you look back a page you'll see I didn't vote for anyone. This is about preference. You will be subjected to an outcome one way or another because you have no political power. This is a stupid loving argument and this is the last I'll post on it, there's nothing further to say.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

this topic has already been run into the ground years ago and it's weird to see anyone trying to relitigate it.

Tim Robinson in the hot dog suit

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

net work error posted:

Whatever man this shits boring who cares

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I vote for the destruction of the United States

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

If you look back a page you'll see I didn't vote for anyone. This is about preference. You will be subjected to an outcome one way or another because you have no political power. This is a stupid loving argument and this is the last I'll post on it, there's nothing further to say.

lol

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

y'all need to pokemon go get some pussy

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

This is a stupid loving argument

Great, thanks for starting it

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
The only electoralist point worth debating itt is if Bernie Would Have Won. (He would)

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Ralph Nader

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Trump was a better choice than Biden but elections are not binary, you can vote for anyone you want.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Pharmaskittle posted:

y'all need to pokemon go get some pussy

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The ideas in your brain don't have any effect on what political actors do. This is all narcissistic whining because the actual most important thing to you is for your soul to be pure. Figure that out yourself and don't make it our problem.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

This kind of online discourse is exact what drove Felix to heroin

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I feel like I’ve taken a Time Machine back to December 2020 except somehow it sucks even harder.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/corpseinorbit/status/1650104393688051712?s=20

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Incredible

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

this mf hanging out with Jim Barris

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

🤓

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mike N Eich posted:

He’s going to clear Donald trump too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
a person or political group that commits horrible acts through incompetence, their religion, or thinking it’s for the greater good is less ontologically evil than an entity that knows the horrible acts they commit are evil but does so anyways because they believe it will allow them to keep, secure, or grow their power

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 24, 2023