Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/dwdavison/status/1649460854398615556?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

So, how long until he backtracks again, and restores legacy verification badges in some form or another?

He'll probably replace them with doges or some other epic meme.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1649712405797011456

how do i run twitter

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

ohhh noooo not propagandaaaaa

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Dr. VooDoo posted:

He’s so loving dumb and his fragile ego means he can’t admit the common practice for space rocket launches for decades is better than his stupid ideas so he’s gonna slap a giant slab of metal underneath it and spray it with some hoses. Really glad we’re paying this stupid rear end in a top hat billions of tax dollars to not even be able to reinvent what our public institutions did over have a century ago

I'm sorry but he's solved this from First Principles so actually he's right

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth when a liberal is subjected to unfiltered content from the orient

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Pretty sure that Robert Goddard had figured out the whole, "How not to destroy your own launchpad" thing back in the 1920's.

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

:qq: You dumb celebrities have to pay for the checkmark or else it’s just me and people like me who have them and people will think it’s a loser mark then!

I'm curious if there's gonna be a mass exodus of twitter blue guys next month after they realize that it's not going to signify what they thought it would. I mean sure, outright scammers will still have good reason to subscribe, but the guys who thought it would bring them a sense of legitimacy and prestige have got to get tired of all the bullying after a while

edit:
imagine reading THIS headline from THIS publication and not having your eyeballs just roll out of your head. and there are SO MANY people who will feel that way!

bigstupidjellyfish has issued a correction as of 15:31 on Apr 22, 2023

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

is Elon going to get the same people who do the Tesla metal work to make that steel plate?

how many quarter rounds will be used in the new launch pad?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Looking forward to steel shrapnel for the next launch

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Twitter levels the playing field, American intelligencia starts making GBS threads itself

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
the launch pad will be made of wood, that way there won't be any need to clear the rubble away when building the next one.

saving money, the Elon Musk Way™

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
1 to 12 = months until Boca Chica is ready for the next launch
8 = months until FSD robotaxis for sure
3 to 5 = years X, the everything app, has been accelerated
1776 = needs to commence again

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Musk’s fans are so bad at selling the Twitter Blue plan.

-You will give money to Elon
-You are a stupid idiot if you don’t

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/mattbinder/status/1649774329880518657?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Musk’s fans are so bad at selling the Twitter Blue plan.

-You will give money to Elon
-You are a stupid idiot if you don’t

bullying only works for getting people off Twitter

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Honestly probably has always been there but lol

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1649781433437679620?t=U1E1W-ZP8k8J1UM0QjCwqA&s=19

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Sesame Street is not a public figure

big bird is. idiot

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Missingnoleader posted:

For once a Tesla battery is useful.

Did it burst into flames and they're cooking hot dogs on it or something?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
And the other brain genius tech CEOs are thinking it's amazing how twitter is still running with just 20% of the original staff!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yeah I was gonna post about that. Any famous person who isn’t paying for the sucker mark ends up with replies like this that are at the top of any of their tweets since Twitter blue payers get shunted to the top in replies:
https://twitter.com/jxmxslxm/status/1649776218001080320?s=20

Kind of a hard sell to any notable person to even stick around your social media site, let alone pay for it, when their main experience now to anything they post is hundreds of unhinged Muskites and Nazis calling them heretics and blasphemers for not giving Elon money

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

lol what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/_FleerUltra/status/1649760991029374976
https://twitter.com/AChutneyFerret/status/1649762093137031168

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Wait seaseme street taking a stand with the 'plebs' is a bad thing?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

all media is propaganda
- elon musk quotes

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

those are some powerful brain worms on obama. "hmm blue check from twitter blue is lame. i know, i'll pay 1000 dollars to get a blue check that isn't from twitter blue! i'm smart"

edit: i have made a grave error and apologize. it is 1000 dollars a month according to that tweet, not a one time payment.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1649799172101664781

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: oh so it’s somehow worse than the already horrible initial starting point of apartheid era gem mine

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

an underrated comedy aspect of the Street Fighter 6 demo that dropped 48 hours ago: there's a bunch of weird metaphors involving self-driving cars, rockets to mars, and requiring a stable launch platform for your big rocket

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You can find the ground where the emeralds are, just look for the mass grave site of the diggers

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lmao

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

what the gently caress

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

wow that’s way worse

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its weird how 'bragging about my human rights crimes to own my son' is actually the moral decision here

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You can't prove it happened, because it was all done illegally and without a paper trail, as my father here will happily corroborate :smug:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

this is one of those insane things that's horrible if you think about it for more than a second but it won't stick because no outlet will explicitly state what's going on in a situation like this out of fear of retaliation

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah I was gonna post about that. Any famous person who isn’t paying for the sucker mark ends up with replies like this that are at the top of any of their tweets since Twitter blue payers get shunted to the top in replies:
https://twitter.com/jxmxslxm/status/1649776218001080320?s=20

Kind of a hard sell to any notable person to even stick around your social media site, let alone pay for it, when their main experience now to anything they post is hundreds of unhinged Muskites and Nazis calling them heretics and blasphemers for not giving Elon money

"Wait til they start taxing the rich" may be the funniest thing I've ever seen on the bird site

Imagine looking at the state of the world around you and saying that in seriousness

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Errol Musk just being an old-school colonial exploiter is a throwback to a time when most of Africa and South America were just flooded with a million Frank Reynolds-type of guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cncgnxcg
Jul 20, 2022

the biggest bargain is paying 0$ and still getting functionally the same thing lmao