Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm gonna need more info, the standard characters are already on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
what, like a mona banner?

I doubt it, they'll just fish up an excuse to run childe a few more times or something if they really can't think of someone for a third banner.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

they had keqing as a stopgap banner once and it was the lowest grossing banner ever (I think?) so i doubt theyll do another one like it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I maintain that they will instead introduce Standard selectors to the shop that let you pick a Standard 5* for a price

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Excelzior posted:

I maintain that they will instead introduce Standard selectors to the shop that let you pick a Standard 5* for a price

I expected this a year and a half ago, so...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The best you'll probably get is them backporting HSR which lets you get a ticket selector at 300 rolls on the standard banner.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

New mini event is mindless fun and super quick. Like a discount version of the "fight group, follow wind rings halfway across the map to next group, repeat" events.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I thought the standard banner already had one of those soft guarantees where you eventually get a 5* character after hitting 5* weapons. Or is that wives' tale territory?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

haypliss posted:

I thought the standard banner already had one of those soft guarantees where you eventually get a 5* character after hitting 5* weapons. Or is that wives' tale territory?

If it exists, which I'm still not 100% convinced on, it's something like if you go 200-odd rolls without a weapon, the next 5* will be a weapon, and vice versa. The timescale is huge enough that it's hard to verify.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Well got Dehya on a lost 50/50 after 50 pulls so that's that taken care of, now to get Nilou which I have plenty of primos to get still and that'll be every Sumeru 5 Star except Cyno. First time in a while I've gotten much of anything in 50 pulls let alone a Layla, 3 Shinobu's, 2 Dori's and Dehya.

Mordiceius posted:

I think the most disappointing aspect of Dehya for me is, surprisingly, the voice acting. The voice acting isn't bad, per se, but I just feel like the EN VA is just a little... bland? I hate being critical like that, but it just feels a little lacking.

I think about my favorite overall character, Beidou, and I feel like her VA just conveys a lot more personality.

This is a weird way to describe it, but I feel like Dehya has NPC voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb-hk1ALmP0

Kale fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 22, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

haypliss posted:

No such guarantee.

Tae posted:

The best you'll probably get is them backporting HSR which lets you get a ticket selector at 300 rolls on the standard banner.

Best we can go is 3 standard wishes :colbert:

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

The standard banner "pity" does exist, you cannot get 3x 5 star characters or 3x 5 star weapons in a row. You're guaranteed to get one of the other category after 2 in a row. The same guarantee exists for four stars on the standard banner.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

hit button posted:

The standard banner "pity" does exist, you cannot get 3x 5 star characters or 3x 5 star weapons in a row. You're guaranteed to get one of the other category after 2 in a row. The same guarantee exists for four stars on the standard banner.

is this written anywhere or did someone decide this was true

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

UHD posted:

is this written anywhere or did someone decide this was true

It's mostly true. Statistically, you're going to get an even mix of 5* weapons and characters from the standard banner. It's possible to get something like 2 weapons in a row, though.

I got two off-pity 5* drops off the standard banner in a row. Both were weapons. Aquila Favonia and Skyward Spine. I already had one of each.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

hit button posted:

I've heard it a subtly different way, which is that you're guaranteed to get at least one 4-star weapon and one 4-star character every 30 rolls, and at least one 5-star weapon and one 5-star character every 270 rolls. The difference being that you can get three things of the same type in a row if at least one of them is pre-pity.

It rarely matters, but I did in fact once get three 4-star characters off the standard banner within 7 rolls, with no weapons in between.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
have they ever done a Jean banner? My roommate adores Jean, but has never rolled her.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
No, they have never had any way to get a guaranteed Jean, banner or otherwise.

-Signed, day 1 Jean wanter

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I’m absolutely sure they’ve had a Jean banner in the early days. Am I wrong?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah I’m pretty drat sure they did.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

No, you're thinking of the Standard Banner having a picture of jean and diluc before it was permanently replaced by Keqing

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Tae posted:

No, you're thinking of the Standard Banner having a picture of jean and diluc before it was permanently replaced by Keqing

Okay, that makes sense.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Wonder why they changed the standard banner image once, and then never again. We've even got 2 new standards now so why not change it again..?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

Wonder why they changed the standard banner image once, and then never again. We've even got 2 new standards now so why not change it again..?
might be saving changing it for when they're done adding stuff to it for a while, there's rumors they are gonna add a new geo 5* to it too.

Star Rail's standard banner having a selector when you reach 300 rolls on it makes me think they might add that feature to Genshin as well.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Tsurumi Island is going to drive me insane. I'm at 94% completion. I've done every quest. Every hidden achievement. I've made roughly 10 full laps of the island and underground. I have no clue how I can still be missing 6%.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mordiceius posted:

Tsurumi Island is going to drive me insane. I'm at 94% completion. I've done every quest. Every hidden achievement. I've made roughly 10 full laps of the island and underground. I have no clue how I can still be missing 6%.
You've done all the ghosts?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I consider Al-Haitham to be a sidegrade to Nahida. I wasn't expecting Tighnari to pull the same weight as either of them. He totally does though - Tighnari is a great dendro.

Nahida is better for hyperbloom though. Al-Haitham and Tighnari are more suited for spread/aggravate teams.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Al and Tighnari's biggest problem is they have to be onfield to apply any meaningful amount of dendro. Since electro has several great off-field applicators, that makes them suitable for aggravate comps. For now, Nahida is still the king of off-field application. We'll see how well Baizhu stacks up as an alternative in that regard.

Finally got around to finishing Nahida's most recent storyline quest and unlocking the new weekly boss. Neat fight, cool arena, fantastic music as always.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I pulled Nahida but I can’t even use her because I don’t have any of the poo poo unlocked to ascend her lol

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

MarcusSA posted:

I pulled Nahida but I can’t even use her because I don’t have any of the poo poo unlocked to ascend her lol
It does kind of suck if you're new and unlock a cool new character whose materials are a thousand miles away, or even worse a character that needs Inazuma mats

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don' t think anything from Nahida's ascension is story locked? Sumeru in general isn't story locked unlike Inazuma.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I never got into using Nahida, so Alhaitham has always been my main hypberbloom driver. I guess his options could feel a bit limited on account of needing stagger resistance, but there are multiple ways to get it and the playstyle just feels good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nahida needs new Sumeru weekly boss materials to ascend talents past level 6, but other than that you can just go and start grinding for her materials if you wanted any of them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You don't really need to level her talents other than her Skill and, it's relatively insignificant in terms of damage outside of c2+ that talent 6 is more than enough.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah but that's literally the only thing that's gated

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

What world level are you?

You can ask in discord and join goons and they can let you in and you can run the boss. You can't join people at a higher world level than yours, though, and other people can only reduce their world level by 1.

goon discord: https://discord.gg/Dxbk6ZTB2X

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Tae posted:

You don't really need to level her talents other than her Skill and, it's relatively insignificant in terms of damage outside of c2+ that talent 6 is more than enough.

Everyone can differently value how they want to spend their resources for talents above 6, but I wouldn't call Nahida's skill relatively insignificant. It literally damages every enemy in the fight simultaneously when you cause a reaction on a single enemy. Just because it isn't a big Hu Tao vape number doesn't mean it can't add up to a significant value. Related to that, Nahida's skill value is enormous in the abyss, it means less chasing down every fungi or treasure hoarder on the edges.

To that end, crowning your Nahida's skill is one of your best investments after whatever traditional main DPS characters you like to play.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean the context here is that the person is choosing between using and not using Nahida at all because of a weekly mat lockout due to story

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Tae posted:

I mean the context here is that the person is choosing between using and not using Nahida at all because of a weekly mat lockout due to story

Nahida is still useful simply as a dendro applier or in something like Ganyu burn melt. Not amazing, but still good.

In other news I threw a few pulls into the weapon banner and got Nahidas weapon, cool cool

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXVQmHxAnAE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eNfMIiBj-g

Get back in the Toy Box Seele.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/HonkaiStarRail/comments/12w7nfh/cn_news_honkai_star_rail_has_achieved/Game wont even be live for a few more days. :staredog: