Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

explosivo posted:

Someone else mentioned it but I really wouldn't be surprised if they added the ability to buy checks for other people just so the musk sycophants can keep dumping money into Twitter by forcing checkmarks on celebrities they want in their super cool club for cool guys.

Blue Checks just being like our Red Text checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
how do you find yourself making death threats against Elmo, the popular and inoffensive childlike puppet from a children's television series, for failing to defer to the wishes of Elon Musk; and not immediately think "oh my god i need to spend a few months away from the internet"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Should've swirlie'd Tim Sweeney harder in high school.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Man this poo poo's too good.

https://twitter.com/Sicknlx/status/1649799963197554689?s=20

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
I just had Twitter censor the “this mf paid for Twitter” image macro by putting it behind a “sensitive content” click screen. Is that a new thing?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

This account rocks https://twitter.com/sicknlx/status/1649788598911225862?s=12

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Stop it you bullies!!

https://twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1649797924841492480?s=20

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Tim Sweeny is not mad, he's just disappointed.

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

People keep kicking me ever since I bought this "kick me" sign

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/zha_gu_/status/1649798209567621121

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Tim Sweeney is still a nerd.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tim Sweeny looks like he's a Midjourney creation

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Merit is earned" by paying an idiot $8.

As I said before: I think a lot of these people realize what suckers they are and they're hassling people who didn't fall for it to make themselves feel better.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

How does this make anything better?

“I just did an off the books deal with a shady guy to purchase land that was likely stolen during violence and corruption. We hadn’t gotten our slaves yet to start the mine.”

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 22, 2023

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Paying $8 to be artificially boosted in peoples feed is a meritocracy. I am very smart.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/covfefechan/status/1649524701910257668?s=46&t=8qKeRz1MPwpnqaU9WYBJgg

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

:lol:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Man these people just fundamentally don't get what the old verification system was, do they? Like, it was waaaaay closer to a meritocracy than this dumb garbage they have now - be notable, do something of merit or whatever and you could get a blue check. They're just big jealous idiot babies and I hope they die mad.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

explosivo posted:

It really is hilarious how in the span of one day the concept of a blue checkmark on Twitter is completely ruined to the point that seeing one now indicates that they are a nobody and/or a huge loving rear end in a top hat. Someone else mentioned it but I really wouldn't be surprised if they added the ability to buy checks for other people just so the musk sycophants can keep dumping money into Twitter by forcing checkmarks on celebrities they want in their super cool club for cool guys.

This is potentially the smartest thing Musk could do. He's already ensured that Twitter is overrun by chuds, a group famously begging at all times to be grifted. Allowing purchase of checkmarks for other users is basically charging chuds $8 a pop to own a lib, and they'd probably beg him to raise the price, the loving schmucks.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Hey I may be a loser and a goon but I'm not a... what was the third thing?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Possibly the most insufferable twitter bio ever written.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Mr Scumbag posted:

This is potentially the smartest thing Musk could do. He's already ensured that Twitter is overrun by chuds, a group famously begging at all times to be grifted. Allowing purchase of checkmarks for other users is basically charging chuds $8 a pop to own a lib, and they'd probably beg him to raise the price, the loving schmucks.

The issue is that those chuds don't make up even a fraction of the advertising dollars that Musk lost. He can lie and state that Twitter is doing well but all the downsizing doesn't mean much in the face of the debt Elmo put on the company when he bought it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Me not giving you money is now a “political issue”

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

E the Shaggy posted:

The issue is that those chuds don't make up even a fraction of the advertising dollars that Musk lost. He can lie and state that Twitter is doing well but all the downsizing doesn't mean much in the face of the debt Elmo put on the company when he bought it.

No one in their right mind ever expected Musk to recoup his $44 bil.

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

BattleMaster posted:

Hey I may be a loser and a goon but I'm not a... what was the third thing?

Elon Musk. Whatever kind of person you are, that fact that none of us are Elon Musk is a comfort to everyone on this planet, save one.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Frank Frank posted:

Me not giving you money is now a “political issue”

Trying to imagine being this bluecheckbrained.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I love the Gallagher brothers and their chaotic energy. Liam is a born poster.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

"democratized Twitter verification" (giving Elon Musk $8 a month)

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lol i've seen at least one person who works at epic retweet #blocktheblue

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Dammit Tim sweenor, I had almost accepted the idea of buying games on the Epic store!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
That sentence doesn’t make any loving sense. What in earth does “democratized” mean in that context? That you chose to buy it? Wouldn’t any purchase be considered democratized by that lovely moon logic?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

You can be sure it's Liam because he's using Beatles content without giving credit.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Binary Logic posted:

You can be sure it's Liam because he's using Beatles content without giving credit.

Lmao

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

BigBadSteve posted:

Multiple space rockets per day polluting the air, wasting fuel and raining their first stages and other space junk onto the heads, homes and workplaces of the poorer (no doubt targeted to miss the mansions of the rich).

And all so the very rich can shave a few percent off international travel times (those of them who don't mind extreme acceleration/deceleration).

Another "great" feature of the Musktopia. gently caress you Elon, and gently caress all your lackeys and fanboys.

Her airline comparison makes zero economic sense when you think about it for more than 2 seconds (so it’s perfect for TED of course).

Oh your right airlines can only fly the route 1x a day for a 20 hour flight but we can do 10x a day
(Oh wait airlines can already fly more, they just get another plane!!!)

Airlines routes and frequently is determined by the demand vs cost of those routes, it’s not like they are limited because of planes.

But Ok - let’s just say you could do a thousand a day it won’t matter if each individual one doesn’t make money. Even if they did make money (impossible) are you going to have thousands of people to fill the flights when the cost per person is 1000x greater than an airline ticket? No, of course not. Anyone rich enough to afford it won’t all be going from the exact same starting location to the exact same ending location.

What an utter load of poo poo

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 22, 2023

Prowler
May 24, 2004

https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/status/1649807345315110913

Look at all these blue checks. Saw some antisemitism and homophobia in there, as well. Welcome to new Twitter, same as the old one but somehow twice as worse.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/keithjohnstack/status/1649545456475680768?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
when do you think posting that "this mf paid for twitter" meme will be made against the twitter rules. I think Thursday