Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Cumshitter's gimmick could be very funny sometimes, unlike nearly every other posting gimmick, but then he started going all in on the politics posting and it just got sad.

never cared for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Goddamn the voice acting in the new advance wars game is grating as hell

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

lollontee posted:

post the tier list

here is my extremely uncool/extremely cool list of priorities I was using to shop with that she mentioned. got the starred stuff

musts
-----------
blur b-sides set *
ivy demos *
billy joel live 1975 *
magnetic fields "i" *
mars volta frances single *
strummer/mescaleros "streetcore"

shoulds
--------------
sunn/boris "altar" *
jonathan richman goes country
w. zevon "the wind"
tori amos b-sides set *
bill evans 3LP set
edgar froese solo LP
klark kent EP
brownout/brown sabbath
ska la rama (duke reid productions) *

coulds
-----------
hal blaine "psychedelic percussion"
david byrne "catherine wheel"
cap beefheart live 1978
dio live 1983
willie dixon "catalyst"
duran duran rio remixes
generation x self-titled
crispin glover "the big problem etc."
grateful dead boston 77
jerry harrison "the red and the black"
pearl jam live 1998
ramones pleasant dreams alt mix
best of death (orlando)
hawkwind live 1977
howlin' wolf "live and cookin'"
husker du "tonite longhorn"

iwentdoodie posted:

Ended up with the Nuggets 5lp set, psyche France, behind the dykes 3, and the ODB return to 36 chambers picture discs.

sick

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Goddamn the voice acting in the new advance wars game is grating as hell

music fuckin owns though

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

music fuckin owns though

Yeah. Sami’s theme sounds fantastic.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

Ended up with the Nuggets 5lp set, psyche France, behind the dykes 3, and the ODB return to 36 chambers picture discs.

sick, how is the psyche france album?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

NoiseAnnoys posted:

sick, how is the psyche france album?

I literally just threw it on, and I am in love. I don't speak French but this is an absolute banger of an album so far. It sounds super modern, not aged like American pop of the same vintage (probably because I didn't grow up with it.)

https://youtu.be/lrFIGIdqDK4

First track on the A side.

Edit: album art sick af

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 22, 2023

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Join us in the vinyl thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3417644

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Done

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

iwentdoodie posted:

I literally just threw it on, and I am in love. I don't speak French but this is an absolute banger of an album so far. It sounds super modern, not aged like American pop of the same vintage (probably because I didn't grow up with it.)

that album art owns!!!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

cumshitter would also gimmickpost about being an finance guy who hooked up with closeted conservatives at his business hole, and would sometimes break kayfabe to make informative posts about banking structures, and usually you'd be halfway through a post before realizing which it was
See, that at least to me, makes it a fun gimmick.
Problem is, it's a hard balance to pull off - and it seems like nobody manages it for long.

Gimmick posting is good in theory, often bad in practice.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

"free taintrunner he did nothing wrong and would be a better admin than any of you anyway"

He is a rapist op

"what"

vyelkin posted:

all-timer QCS thread was when mastershakeman made a "free taintrunner" thread without having any clue why he was banned: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3959450&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post512585094
:asoiaf:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Anyone know if you still have to do the “specific route” thing to unlock certain COs in reboot camp? I really hate using Sami in levels that don’t have factories.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
bought a destroyer album, got home and realised it's a double album. wicked rsd

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

oh woah, I have a different volume in that set, and it rules.

I’m super into yeye right now.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

NoiseAnnoys posted:

oh woah, I have a different volume in that set, and it rules.

I’m super into yeye right now.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to track down the other editions. This was a total blind purchase and I regret nothing. Same with Behind the Dykes 3, although Dutch pisses me off because I forever feel like I'm 1 beer away from understanding it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

vyelkin posted:

all-timer QCS thread was when mastershakeman made a "free taintrunner" thread without having any clue why he was banned: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3959450&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post512585094

lol holy poo poo. i missed that one

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sally posted:

lol holy poo poo. i missed that one

Not sure if I've posted it before, but it was only like a month or two after another QCS thread devolved into the cspam/gbs/crew bickering that resulted in a few people posting that taintrunner should be made mod, and he posted a really weird humblebrag about how he didn't think he would be a good mod.

Taintrunner posted:

I actually don't think I'd be a "good" mod. I really don't like the feeling when a moderator jumps into a thread and starts posting like some sort of authority, with the unspoken sense that you can't really rip into them because they have a cop badge by their name and can be a dick to you on a whim if you really get under their skin. I think that sucks as a posting dynamic and I would hate to waste an opportunity to rip into someone because they feel like they have to pull their punches or what the gently caress ever. It's a lovely dynamic that is a lose-lose for all of us.

The only real reason to probe/ban someone, from my point of view, is for something illegal or deeply, irredeemably offensive, or more importantly, spending 5 pages arguing in a circle without contributing anything new, which is what really ripped apart the Succ Zone when #ForceTheVote was happening - you had multi-page meltdowns of a few people just going "nuh uh" and it loving sucked poo poo for everyone involved, and the mods refused to step in and bounce the boring rear end concern trolls who refused to take in new information and either take the L or respond accordingly, which ended up revealing more about themselves than the strength of their beliefs or arguments, which was the endgoal of #FTV in the first place.

Part of the problem is that arguing like this is two parts heart, and one part performance. By posting you're creating content, that other people are reading and consuming, to put it in the worst terms possible. And more than anything, it should be at the very least, entertaining and readable - my vulgarity is a reflection of the vulgarity of American politics and how utterly disgusting it is, as someone who has been on the bottom of the economic ladder for the majority of my life, and managed to spend some time travelling the world for work to see it for what it really is.

The comedy politics forum should be fun to read, more than anything, and since we live in such a time of horrific non-linear warfare, there's a lot of anger and disgust with people who are being told certain narratives, and then turn around and look at the material reality of their lives, and it's like an improvised pressure cooker bomb waiting to go off. So you try to release the valve a little to help people get through their day.

Simple as that.

this was the VR killin bankers in 3D post

Taintrunner posted:

I've been in the middle of setting up my new apartment for a VR space and let me tell you, H3VR is still the greatest platform to grow a muscle memory for every single firearms platform you could possibly imagine. Explaining the HK slap & AK/FAL mag drop reload to non-gun normies has been the most fun I've ever experienced demo'ing virtual reality all the while understanding that I'm going to have to shoot every single banker I see on the streets all on my own whilst surrounded by a bunch of cowards. Bang bang bang pull my devil trigger.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pentyne fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 22, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The reveal that Taintrunner was held up as some epic leftist icon by his group of freaks despite being a failson millionare landlord, is extra funny to me.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

bought a destroyer album, got home and realised it's a double album. wicked rsd

Destroyer ftw

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna have to track down the other editions. This was a total blind purchase and I regret nothing. Same with Behind the Dykes 3, although Dutch pisses me off because I forever feel like I'm 1 beer away from understanding it.

vol 4 (which is what i have) is good, as is vol. 7, haven't heard 8 yet.

there's also a series of psychedelic francophone african music that someone put out recently that i need to pick up.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

NoiseAnnoys posted:

there's also a series of psychedelic francophone african music that someone put out recently that i need to pick up.

If you can remember any details of it please PM me. That sounds great.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

NoiseAnnoys posted:

yeah pm me too. psych franc African sounds amazing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Anyone know if you still have to do the “specific route” thing to unlock certain COs in reboot camp? I really hate using Sami in levels that don’t have factories.
all the war room/etc maps in 1 are in 2, so you can just play them there. that said if you want to use them in the final battle of aw1 campaign yeah the route structure is the same.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The reveal that Taintrunner was held up as some epic leftist icon by his group of freaks despite being a failson millionare landlord, is extra funny to me.
the funnier bit was everyone immediately memory holing ever liking him when he got outed, despite him always being a weirdo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he previously posted in the new york LAN thread under username Jefferoo

Shark Sandwich posted:

I remember being on a subway with Jefferoo once after a goon meet and some girl made some comment to us about Joss Whedon not being terrible so he went home and wrote a missed connections post on Craigslist about it.

Shark Sandwich posted:

It's been long deleted. Basically we were on the subway and I mentioned that I didn't like Joss Whedon and some girl started talking to us and asking us why and he got really angry when some other guy said he disagreed with us and she blew Jefferoo off. Like right after home he posted a massive diatribe about how she was a bitch for preferring to talk to some guy because he liked Joss Whedon. Keep in mind the other guy was totally normal and Jefferoo was straight up ranting at her.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the fact that taintrunner's conception of leftist theory consisted entirely of the video games he'd been playing that month should have been more of a tipoff, in retrospect

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

the fact that taintrunner's conception of leftist theory consisted entirely of the video games he'd been playing that month should have been more of a tipoff, in retrospect

Theres still many a goon like this

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
In this detailed essay I have prepared, we will be exploring the communistic ideals found within Mega Man Battle Network 2

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

Oxxidation posted:

lol

BUMBACLOT
Jun 19, 2008

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

yeah pm me too. psych franc African sounds amazing

iwentdoodie posted:

If you can remember any details of it please PM me. That sounds great.

It’s probably not what NoiseAnnoys is referring to but if you like this kind of thing I definitely recommend Analog Africa on bandcamp. They put out a lot of great stuff from African and South American artists from the 60s-80s

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

BUMBACLOT posted:

It’s probably not what NoiseAnnoys is referring to but if you like this kind of thing I definitely recommend Analog Africa on bandcamp. They put out a lot of great stuff from African and South American artists from the 60s-80s

been listening to this one

https://analogafrica.bandcamp.com/album/echos-hypnotiques-from-the-vaults-of-albarika-store-1969-1979-analog-africa-nr-6

BUMBACLOT
Jun 19, 2008

hell yeah

i can also recommend radiooooo.com if you like discovering new music from around the world. i know they have an ios app too, not sure about android. anyway basically it has some playlists and poo poo but its best feature imo is you can tell it a country and a decade and itll play you music. like you want some 70s iranian tunes? have as much as you want. you can see who uploaded the track and play more of the stuff theyve uploaded, a lot of the people ive seen have playlists elsewhere that have been really good.

i feel like im always behind the times on stuff like this so maybe its old news but i just discovered it like 2 weeks ago and its been blowing my mind

BUMBACLOT fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 22, 2023

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Taint Reaper was one of the guys who did the Raspy bit of pretending to agree with something dumb in an extremely real looking way but a bit more hosed up, right?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Taint Reaper was one of the guys who did the Raspy bit of pretending to agree with something dumb in an extremely real looking way but a bit more hosed up, right?

yea he was a pretty effective troll hence "taint reaped again"

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Oxxidation posted:

i like the guys who got into left wing politics through hearts of iron iv mods

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

i like the guys who got into left wing politics through hearts of iron iv mods

do you mean things you do to change the data of a video game or the people who ran the HoI4 forums?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

pentyne posted:

do you mean things you do to change the data of a video game or the people who ran the HoI4 forums?

the first thing.

speaking paradox forums last i checked you arent allowed to say kebab there because people kept being racist

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Famethrowa posted:

yea he was a pretty effective troll hence "taint reaped again"

He certainly trolled all his hangers-on by being a freak and a wealthy fraud. Bang bang pull my devil trigger

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Grip it and rip it posted:

He certainly trolled all his hangers-on by being a freak and a wealthy fraud. Bang bang pull my devil trigger

taint reaper, not taintrunner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

pentyne posted:

Not sure if I've posted it before, but it was only like a month or two after another QCS thread devolved into the cspam/gbs/crew bickering that resulted in a few people posting that taintrunner should be made mod, and he posted a really weird humblebrag about how he didn't think he would be a good mod.

this was the VR killin bankers in 3D post

simple as