Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Since we’ve been discussing it here, I’ll note that I finally got my shipping notification for the Academic deckbox. Looking forward to getting it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Oh my god, goons. I finished building this Emiel deck and hot drat is it a banger. I don't usually netdeck things when I'm first brewing, partly to use what I have first before I go shopping (or proxying) for better pieces, and partly to keep things fresh. That said: I love this deck and it can do some wild poo poo with absolute trash. That's my favorite kind of EDH deck. Like:

Emiel + Great Oak Guardian + Llanowar Tribe/Karametra's Acolyte = Use the dork to flicker GOG infinite times, make all other creatures infinite/infinite. This isn't the best combo the deck can come up with, but I love it because it uses otherwise unusable trash like Great Oak Guardian to go infinite.

This deck toddled into enough combo win cons that it kind of ended up like my Experiment Kraj deck. It combos off, but it isn't linear and each time it goes off slightly differently. It's like a Rube Goldberg machine made out of trash and I love it.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Me, two weeks ago, playing my trash Allies deck 'cause the table seemed super casual: Huh... how many lands did I put in this again?

33. Turns out the number was 33, lol.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'd probably cut both Ozolith cards, the Swiftfoot Boots (run Lightning Greaves if you really have to), Tribute to the World Tree, and probably Defense of the Heart. I'm not sure Chord of Calling or the three cmc Beast Within/Generous Gift are playable (if this is meant for cEDH).

I'd add Gamble, maybe Autumn's Veil. Path to Exile might be worth a spot, Emiel and/or Temur Sabertooth. Trinisphere is another powerful stax piece, and Survival of the Fittest if you're going to run Fauna Shaman. Red gives you access to Pyroblast/Red Elemental Blast, and Naya gives you the narrower Guttural Response. Oh, and Drannith Magistrate.

The ozoliths are in the sideboard, you need to target the commander sometimes to make the combo work (with heliod) tribute to the world tree lets you tutor out the ballista straight onto the board and have it not die, path vs beast is definitely debatable and meta dependent, part of why I ran the two permanent destruction cards is to blow up the academy rector if necessary, I thought about survival and you could certainly run it, my thought was all the tutors are creature tutors, but yes survival would probably work better, and yes you can run those other things. Also considered pod for the tutors, which would work well with rector.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Regarding more Aftermath leaks: (speculative but still possible Aftermath plot spoilers) Still no mechanical planewalkers. Regarding theories that compleation survivors may have been desparked: Nissa was compleated but as far as I can tell Narset, Kiora, Calix Karn and Sarkhan weren't? So whether this represents a strictly mechanical change, a story change or just that planeswalker characters will be creatures as a "sometimes food" remains to be seen.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Magnetic North posted:

Regarding more Aftermath leaks: (speculative but still possible Aftermath plot spoilers) Still no mechanical planewalkers. Regarding theories that compleation survivors may have been desparked: Nissa was compleated but as far as I can tell Narset, Kiora, Calix Karn and Sarkhan weren't? So whether this represents a strictly mechanical change, a story change or just that planeswalker characters will be creatures as a "sometimes food" remains to be seen.

The white enchantment in the second set of spoilers/leaks kind of hints at what happens. They might just want to cool off on PWs for a bit and use that as a plot point.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

pseudanonymous posted:

The ozoliths are in the sideboard, you need to target the commander sometimes to make the combo work (with heliod) tribute to the world tree lets you tutor out the ballista straight onto the board and have it not die, path vs beast is definitely debatable and meta dependent, part of why I ran the two permanent destruction cards is to blow up the academy rector if necessary, I thought about survival and you could certainly run it, my thought was all the tutors are creature tutors, but yes survival would probably work better, and yes you can run those other things. Also considered pod for the tutors, which would work well with rector.

Why Ballista? Backup plan?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Framboise posted:

Might as well if you're running Heliod.

E:

I also like Containment Priest as another hate card.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Might as well if you're running Heliod.

E:

I also like Containment Priest as another hate card.

Deck runs tons of tutor the battlefield.

Framboise posted:

Ballista/Heliod in case your commander gets locked out.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

Deck runs tons of tutor the battlefield.

Well yeah, that's why it's a first draft.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Railing Kill posted:

Oh my god, goons. I finished building this Emiel deck and hot drat is it a banger. I don't usually netdeck things when I'm first brewing, partly to use what I have first before I go shopping (or proxying) for better pieces, and partly to keep things fresh. That said: I love this deck and it can do some wild poo poo with absolute trash. That's my favorite kind of EDH deck. Like:

Emiel + Great Oak Guardian + Llanowar Tribe/Karametra's Acolyte = Use the dork to flicker GOG infinite times, make all other creatures infinite/infinite. This isn't the best combo the deck can come up with, but I love it because it uses otherwise unusable trash like Great Oak Guardian to go infinite.

This deck toddled into enough combo win cons that it kind of ended up like my Experiment Kraj deck. It combos off, but it isn't linear and each time it goes off slightly differently. It's like a Rube Goldberg machine made out of trash and I love it.

I want to build Emiel, do you have the list (or was it linked somewhere in this thread and I missed it)?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

TotalHell posted:

Since we’ve been discussing it here, I’ll note that I finally got my shipping notification for the Academic deckbox. Looking forward to getting it!

they told me "you have to be patient" twice in their response without answering any actual questions i asked :geno:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well I made a very cheap commander deck, played my first game, won out of nowhere, and now I'm hooked lmao

For the record, Errant and Giada, fliers with the OG elesh as my only non-flier and a flash/ saga subtheme with the OG raff

If any of you play in Vegas you should pm me, I'm much nicer in person, though sadly just as stupid. Planning on going to power 9 tonight (:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
im glad training grounds prices tanked.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Last three legends from Aftermath:

https://imgur.com/a/u6XrQd9

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH WYLETH

NOW NAHIRI IS MY BOROS EQUIPMENT COMMANDER

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Activated ability tribal is something I don't even know how to start theorycrafting for.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

LifeLynx posted:

Activated ability tribal is something I don't even know how to start theorycrafting for.

And you can run Zirda as a companion!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I am going to make a pinger deck that is so ineffectual…

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

I am going to make a pinger deck that is so ineffectual…

Make sure you run Pestilence and Pyrohemia!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Make sure you run Pestilence and Pyrohemia!

Alright now I’m actually getting serious about this

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

TotalHell posted:

I received my order a week or so ago (I'm in Europe) and I am very happy with the results.

Gamegenic make the best deck boxes.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I am so mad that they keep making BRx commanders so neat.

I wake up and turn to look at my lover's face, and it's the dragon from Fire Covenant.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

LifeLynx posted:

Lol at the 5c ability to make it rainbow commander.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

That's every version of Tazri though

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Koopa Kid posted:

Run OG Nicol Bolas as your commander and run Fire Whip effects.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Koopa Kid posted:

Jesus loving christ if you won't windmill slam Last Laugh into that deck I swear

Seriously though, you get to essentially kill everything that's not a) Ob Nixilis, b) indestructible, or c) protection from black, deal X damage to everybody, make Ob +X/+X, and exile X cards off the top of your deck, where X is the number of creatures on the board. It's just such a hilarious card (pun fully intended) when it goes off, and both red and black have numerous permanents that can sacrifice themselves or others in order to start the chain reaction of fun at instant speed.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Silhouette posted:

FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH WYLETH

NOW NAHIRI IS MY BOROS EQUIPMENT COMMANDER

Finally, a Nahiri that can make my Unlimited Blade Works dreams come true! :swoon:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I fell out of love with four mana ramp spells, but I played Invasion of Zendikar last night and it was really good. ETB get two lands, immediately attack it, get another land. Three landfall triggers for four mana isn't bad!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Managed to steal a win last night by casting Revel in Riches, nuking the board with a Blasphemous Act, and then using the treasures to cast Marionette Master and the sacrificing the rest of the treasures to dome the table. If the player to my right, who was in a commanding position, didn't tap out that turn then he was all but guaranteed to win on his next turn.

E:

Oh man, Korvold got B I G in this cEDH game, lmao.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 23, 2023

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

TotalHell posted:

I want to build Emiel, do you have the list (or was it linked somewhere in this thread and I missed it)?

Here you go!

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/Kg8fmAT8QkuWV0oBynsiJw

I'm willing to hear suggestions for this one. I'm not used to WG so I probably missed a ton of good options. This deck is untested and built out of only stuff I don't already have committed to other decks. I pulled a Mondrak and an Elesh Norn from ONE and hadn't slotted them into anything yet, so they add some jet fuel to an otherwise fairly janky deck.

There's a bunch of combo lines to get infinite tokens, infinite mana, infinite draws, etc. Because it's in WG, Pierce Strider became surprisingly important to the end of a ton of combo lines, as it can do direct damage on ETB, so it can kill the table with basically any of the deck's infinite combos. Otherwise, the deck aims to create infinite tokens and kill the table that way. The deck can come up with a ton of life gain, but I didn't add Aetherflux Reservoir as a win con because the deck isn't a concerted lifegain deck. That could be added depending on what happens in testing. Ashnod's Altar is also crazy good and opens up a ton of combo lines. Panharmonicon, Elesh Norn, and Mondrak are all crazy good, but aren't necessary for any of the combo lines. They'll just accelerate the deck's ramp and card draw to get into one of the combo lines faster.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Got play my Jorn snow theme deck (wow I really did jam a bunch of lovely cards in here just bc they said snow) and it was boring doing nothing for the first 5 turns, then really fun when I got a proper turn with double mana and getting marit lage out, but by then the marit lage was merely a flying chump blocker.

Shrine deck likewise could not deal with 2x boardwipes and the game ended pretty slowly to losing 1-3 life when any creature entered battlefield depending on what kind. I think I'm against board wiping now because both games Id rather have the big boards get the game done rather than topdecking combo peices that have nothing to combo with anymore or another drat land.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Railing Kill posted:

Here you go!

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/Kg8fmAT8QkuWV0oBynsiJw

I'm willing to hear suggestions for this one. I'm not used to WG so I probably missed a ton of good options. This deck is untested and built out of only stuff I don't already have committed to other decks. I pulled a Mondrak and an Elesh Norn from ONE and hadn't slotted them into anything yet, so they add some jet fuel to an otherwise fairly janky deck.

There's a bunch of combo lines to get infinite tokens, infinite mana, infinite draws, etc. Because it's in WG, Pierce Strider became surprisingly important to the end of a ton of combo lines, as it can do direct damage on ETB, so it can kill the table with basically any of the deck's infinite combos. Otherwise, the deck aims to create infinite tokens and kill the table that way. The deck can come up with a ton of life gain, but I didn't add Aetherflux Reservoir as a win con because the deck isn't a concerted lifegain deck. That could be added depending on what happens in testing. Ashnod's Altar is also crazy good and opens up a ton of combo lines. Panharmonicon, Elesh Norn, and Mondrak are all crazy good, but aren't necessary for any of the combo lines. They'll just accelerate the deck's ramp and card draw to get into one of the combo lines faster.

Thanks, this feels like a nice base to build from. I definitely want to throw Preston the Vanisher into this deck.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Got play my Jorn snow theme deck (wow I really did jam a bunch of lovely cards in here just bc they said snow) and it was boring doing nothing for the first 5 turns, then really fun when I got a proper turn with double mana and getting marit lage out, but by then the marit lage was merely a flying chump blocker.

Shrine deck likewise could not deal with 2x boardwipes and the game ended pretty slowly to losing 1-3 life when any creature entered battlefield depending on what kind. I think I'm against board wiping now because both games Id rather have the big boards get the game done rather than topdecking combo peices that have nothing to combo with anymore or another drat land.

Stax. If you're the only one untapping it's a lot more impactful. Winter Orb, Stasis, Rising Waters, Static Orb, Back to Basics.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
The best part of commander is having people say "hey that's really cool". In this case, it was my Preston deck where I had Preston, a blinked Flickerwisp, ONE Elesh Norn and a Solemn Simulacrum out and over the course of everyone else's end steps got out all the basic lands out of my deck. Lots of fun interactions in Preston. Sadly didn't win from my Halo Fountain under Windbrisk Heights, as while I did have 15 creatures Norn has vigilance. But such is life.

Both games with that pod had me getting all my lands out in a mono coloured deck - the first one using the Cultivator Colossus/Abundance combo - so I think there's two players who now think I just get every land out regularly.

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 24, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh man, glad to have read that. Building 2 halo fountain decks and just didn't think about how vigilance makes them useless for fountain tapping purposes.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Sadly didn't win from my Halo Fountain under Windbrisk Heights, as while I did have 15 creatures Norn has vigilance. But such is life.

Man, one of the worst feelings when playing a tokens deck is having Intangible Virtue on the table early, then drawing Halo Fountain late in the game with a ton of tokens on the table haha

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
New secret lair superdrop's available. Lots of neat stuff involved:

MOM drop 1 (Halo Foil):
Wheel and Deal
Questing Beast
Olivia Voldaren
Walking Ballista (!)
The World Tree

MOM drop 2 (Halo Foil):
Higure, the Still Wind
Nezahal, Primal Tide
Dragonlord Kolaghan
Mina and Denn, Wildborn
Xantcha, Sleeper Agent

MOM drop 3 (Halo Foil):
Misdirection
Utvara Hellkite (!)
Kogla, the Titan Ape
Nyxbloom Ancient (!)
Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain

Artist Series: Alayna Danner (Foil and Nonfoil):
Linvala, Keeper of Justice (!)
Sunblast Angel
Emeria, the Sky Ruin (!)
Seraph Sanctuary

Artist Series: Randy Vargas (Foil and Nonfoil):
Grand Abolisher (!)
Selfless Savior (sad dog flavor text :smith: )
Akroma, Angel of Fury
Umezawa's Jitte (!)

Artist Series: Rebecca Guay (Foil and Nonfoil):
Cleansing Nova
Serra the Benevolent
Stoneforge Mystic (!!!)
Muddle the Mixture (!)

Nature Is Adorable (Aya Kakeda art) (Foil and Nonfoil):
Joraga Treespeaker (!)
Nature's Will (!)
Ulvenwald Tracker
Yeva, Nature's Herald

Cool Ocean Breeze (Foil and Nonfoil):
Llawan, Cephalid Empress
Master of Waves
Thassa, Deep Dwelling
Thassa's Oracle (!!!)

Some really tempting stuff. I'm already sold on Rebecca Guay by default, but I also want that Nyxbloom Ancient, Thoracle, and Grand Abolisher...

Framboise fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 24, 2023

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Framboise posted:

New secret lair superdrop's available. Lots of neat stuff involved:

MOM drop 1 (Halo Foil):
Wheel and Deal
Questing Beast
Olivia Voldaren
Walking Ballista (!)
The World Tree

MOM drop 2 (Halo Foil):
Higure, the Still Wind
Nezahal, Primal Tide
Dragonlord Kolaghan
Mina and Denn, Wildborn
Xantcha, Sleeper Agent

MOM drop 3 (Halo Foil):
Misdirection
Utvara Hellkite (!)
Kogla, the Titan Ape
Nyxbloom Ancient (!)
Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain

Artist Series: Alayna Danner (Foil and Nonfoil):
Linvala, Keeper of Justice (!)
Sunblast Angel
Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Seraph Sanctuary

Artist Series: Randy Vargas (Foil and Nonfoil):
Grand Abolisher (!)
Selfless Savior (sad dog flavor text :smith: )
Akroma, Angel of Fury
Umezawa's Jitte (!)

Artist Series: Rebecca Guay (Foil and Nonfoil):
Cleansing Nova
Serra the Benevolent
Stoneforge Mystic (!!!)
Muddle the Mixture (!)

Nature Is Adorable (Aya Kakeda art) (Foil and Nonfoil):
Joraga Treespeaker (!)
Nature's Will (!)
Ulvenwald Tracker
Yeva, Nature's Herald

Cool Ocean Breeze (Foil and Nonfoil):
Llawan, Cephalid Empress
Master of Waves
Thassa, Deep Dwelling
Thassa's Oracle (!!!)

Some really tempting stuff. I'm already sold on Rebecca Guay by default, but I also want that Nyxbloom Ancient, Thoracle, and Grand Abolisher...

Emeria, the Sky Ruin getting a foil in the Secret Lair is good too. The only foils are from the OG Zendikar and it goes for loving $66.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Hot drat, didn't realize that one was over 20bux nonfoil now.