Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Why do people care at all what Vegas thinks? The odds aren't meant to reflect real decisions, they're meant to incentivize bets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

That is the perfect picture to accompany that :lol:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Woozie66 posted:

Why do people care at all what Vegas thinks? The odds aren't meant to reflect real decisions, they're meant to incentivize bets.
When there's major, abrupt, quickly-solidifying odds-changes, that very frequently is the result of some professional gamblers/bookies with team sources going in before anyone else can. Vegas Knows

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What the gently caress

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sataere posted:

I think he was so obsessed with being great that he would have been. I'm of the school of thought that the guys who end up good get their because they work harder than everyone else.

Probably but if Rodgers had come in year 1 and stunk up the joint he likely wouldn't have been given enough time to fix himself into what he would/could become before being shipped out of the league.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

SKULL.GIF posted:

Probably but if Rodgers had come in year 1 and stunk up the joint he likely wouldn't have been given enough time to fix himself into what he would/could become before being shipped out of the league.

First rounder would have gotten minimum of two years. Probably three. Teams don't believe in sunk cost fallacy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sataere posted:

First rounder would have gotten minimum of two years. Probably three. Teams don't believe in sunk cost fallacy

Well, I think it's also a lot easier to fix poo poo when you're on the bench and all you can really do is refine your mechanics and learn the system. If you're starting every week, you're not worrying about proper throwing mechanics, you're worrying about trying to win the game, any game.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

SKULL.GIF posted:

Well, I think it's also a lot easier to fix poo poo when you're on the bench and all you can really do is refine your mechanics and learn the system. If you're starting every week, you're not worrying about proper throwing mechanics, you're worrying about trying to win the game, any game.

I think most mechanical changes happen in the offseason. Rodgers still was the back up. He has to work on the game plan behind Favre in case something happens.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Sataere posted:

I think he was so obsessed with being great that he would have been. I'm of the school of thought that the guys who end up good get their because they work harder than everyone else.

Which is why I don't want Carter on the hawks

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

JT Jag posted:

When there's major, abrupt, quickly-solidifying odds-changes, that very frequently is the result of some professional gamblers/bookies with team sources going in before anyone else can. Vegas Knows

Sure. That's true some times. But sometimes that shift is artificial, as evidenced by all the other times Vegas "knew" and it didn't pan out.

Edit: I remember a huge shift in favor of Darnold the week before the Browns took Baker first, for example.

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 22, 2023

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean, Vegas and as importantly the sharps are not in the business of losing money.

You can say Vegas is wrong sometimes and sure, that's true. But they're probably gonna be right more often than you are when weird top heavy moves that don't make sense pop up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not that I'm saying Levis is going second because that's just crazy right? Right?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I suspect the lines are moving because of the rumor shifts and adjusting to how people are betting accordingly to ensure that they still come out ahead.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Grittybeard posted:

Not that I'm saying Levis is going second because that's just crazy right? Right?

I once watched the Chicago Bears move up one spot with the Niners to draft Mitchell Trubisky at 2.

Is anything truly crazy?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gonz posted:

I once watched the Chicago Bears move up one spot with the Niners to draft Mitchell Trubisky at 2.

Is anything truly crazy?
Didnt they pay two third round picks for the pleasure of doing so, too?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

JT Jag posted:

On top of that the odds changing happens with a significant minute gap between those at the Vegas parlor when it happens and when people see the tweet. It's not much but the process of someone screen shotting it and it becoming trending on twitter is long enough that people who sit in those parlors all day can get good odds.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Didnt they pay two third round picks for the pleasure of doing so, too?

Two thirds and a fourth!

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Draft fast TEs.

Well that has me feeling a bit better about the Cowboys possibly drafting Washington or LaPorta if Kincaid and Mayer are both gone by 26.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gonz posted:

Two thirds and a fourth!
:barf:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh no I sure hope the Texans don't draft Levis and leave the Colts with Stroud. That would be so terrible

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If Levis can figure out his timing issues it's not drastically bad if some team takes him over Stroud. His arm is pretty strong and he's capable of running if you go off his 2021 tape.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

This, but with a bunch of poorly taxidermied dogs with goofy facial expressions.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

If Levis can figure out his timing issues it's not drastically bad if some team takes him over Stroud. His arm is pretty strong and he's capable of running if you go off his 2021 tape.

What does Levis do that Stroud doesn't do way better

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I was going to strongly disagree with your X-ray of Levis with dawgs in him. But according to TheGreyGhost, Levis does in fact have a decent “got that dog in him” score.

TheGreyGhost posted:

Here comes the single lengthiest post I have ever made here. Some early house rules

- View the objective grades along the lines of a relative scale score. 10 overall isn’t happening there. That’s averaging the following grades out of 10 (Air; Velocity; Ball Placement; Ball Timing; Mechanics; Movement Ability; Processing/Recognition), so I would call anything above like 6.5 a first-round grade there and anything above 7 as top-20 grade.
- The subjective score is essentially how I would’ve scored that prospect holistically without creating a definitive rubric. It’s how I’m going to order these guys. Anything 8 or above is first round grade.

Format for section (Subjective/Objective/Dog score:siren:) - Snake

CJ Stroud (8.5; 7.14; 4) - Elite pocket guy in rhythm who has weird vibes at times and sometimes misses obvious threats. The Coachwhip Snake—known for constricting blood flow to improve eyesight when threatened but otherwise coasting in life.

Bryce Young (8.5; 7.29; 8) - Scrambling, lovable quarterback who everyone wants in a nice home but is frequently an escape artist—the Corn Snake.

Lamar Jackson (8.5; 7.14; 9.5) - Elite physical talent actually made us underestimate just how polished he was in the passing game. Tries to outrun everything, fast, quite active, known for making GBS threads themselves when finally grabbed—The Southern Black Racer

Will Levis (8; 7.0; 7:siren:) - Might die to mistaken identity in Appalachia, Eastern Milksnake

Anthony Richardson (7.5; 6.57; 6.5) - Absolute hulk with exactly one speed and no nuance. King Snake

I still think Stroud is a bit underrated - he’s just so dang good at throwing a ball.

Hopefully one of Stroud or Richardson makes it to seattle at 5!!!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/mattyfbrown/status/1649154354195079168

Are the Seahawks already abandoning the 3-4? It would make Tyree Wilson a better fit for the defense, if nothing else.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What does Levis do that Stroud doesn't do way better

Really just moving outside the pocket and having a slightly stronger arm in game, although Stroud was bombing it at the combine. He has a bit of a catapult launch when he throws it deep so it doesn't quite get there at the same velocity as Levis' baseball style throw.

If Young goes first and Levis goes second then I feel that the NFL prefers squirrely QBs over back pedaling ones for pocket movement.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Im honestly enjoying just how much smoke there is at the top of the draft this year. The suspense is terrible, I hope it’ll last :munch:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

https://twitter.com/mattyfbrown/status/1649154354195079168

Are the Seahawks already abandoning the 3-4? It would make Tyree Wilson a better fit for the defense, if nothing else.

What in tarnation is going on with that defense?

One of the reasons I haven’t been sold on drafting various defensive players is because I don’t heckin know what Pete is gonna do with that defense!!!

I thought we were moving towards an odd front with 3 safeties (with adams as a hybrid lb/s) but who the heck knows!

Just give me qb and IOL and we’ll do our best

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think Carrol has kind of shown in the past the scheme doesn't matter too much and he'll tailor it around guys. Seattle have reloaded well in the past, I wouldn't be too concerned.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

I think Carrol has kind of shown in the past the scheme doesn't matter too much and he'll tailor it around guys. Seattle have reloaded well in the past, I wouldn't be too concerned.

The defense has been bad since 2016.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

All I know is the Seahawks better draft Richardson. I wanna see Carroll work some fuckin' magic!

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The defense has been bad since 2016.

That's ok, we're about to get Anthony Richardson.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Which of the top TEs do you guys like the most

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Kincaid

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also like Kincaid and Mayer. Mayer is like a cross between Mark Andrews and Jason Witten. Kincaid is a speedier, lighter tight end.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dejan Bimble posted:

I love them all in their own special way.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

darnell is a lot more likable than those two

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dejan Bimble posted:

The top 7 or 8 of them I want at least two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo