Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Oh you know everyone right leaning has already bought one.

i think that user is asking if dead Rush or dead Cain got their birdmarks back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Crescent Wrench posted:

Presented without comment.

he's not wrong

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

morningdrew posted:

Did anyone right-leaning get a free check?

They all already pay for one to own the libs.

But I'm pretty sure Johns McCain and McAfee got theirs free.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

PhazonLink posted:

McCain and Trump, at least, got their checks back

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Disargeria posted:

Just to recap:

-Old Twitter used to verify notable accounts with a somewhat opaque process
-New Twitter makes it so you can just buy these
-They want to remove the old “unfair” ones so they add an alternate label for legacy vs Blue and warn the legacy ones are going away.
-Well, now that Blues are labeled as bought and paid for, they’re easy to cross reference and target for mass blocking and laughing at
-they finally remove the legacy accounts, so now ALL Blues are much more easy to target for laughs
-#blocktheblue points out how hilariously easy it is to laugh at and block Blues
-Musk realizes the community has realized the check now ONLY means you’re an idiot, so he desperately starts adding Blues to people to dilute the Blue pool with “verified because notable” Blues (still labeled with the paid verbiage)
-notable accounts are now verified through a somewhat opaque process

leading to the exiting exit from the full circle that brings us here:

-twitter users are desperately trying to remove their arbitrary blue check marks

...but with bitcoin

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
"Mormon" is currently trending because of people comparing Elon's gifting of posthumous checks to the Mormon practice of baptising the dead.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh poo poo I also forgot abouit plane crashing McCain.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

...! posted:

...but with bitcoin

The blockchain makes the difference

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1649939689661423617?cxt=HHwWgoCz8f3Z4eUtAAAA

And five minutes later....

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1649940010777341952?cxt=HHwWgMCzsdbs4eUtAAAA

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Next step is Elon sending invoices to everyone with a blue check and recording it as accounts receivable on Twitter's (X's?) balance sheet.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

PhazonLink posted:

Rush deleted his account when Trump was banned, and then died (lol).

The Cain Gang is currently checkless (sad).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Crescent Wrench posted:

Presented without comment.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

that's gonna cost you

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh yeah this'll definitely endear you to the people that make your social media platform relevant.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ben_rosen/status/1649895497069641728

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Post itt an LOL everytime Elon Musk steps on an easily avoidable rake in front of him again and again

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I'm beginning to think twitter is bad

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

He's not just stepping on rakes, he's specifically having more rakes dropshipped to his yard every single day

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRq1Ksh-32g

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

kazil posted:

musk is sitting in twitter hq giving checkmarks to his posting enemies on a saturday afternoon just lmao

lol

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I guess also a part of this is that the chuds and musksuckers can now turn the “This mf paid for twitter!” ridicule back at the people who had blue checks forced on them.

They know it’s not true that these people paid, but of course it’s part of the “I’m lying, you know I’m lying, and I’m enjoying that you know I’m unashamedly lying” power-trip thing the entire right wing does.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Musk decided to prematurely launch a rocket from a low budget launch site resulting in the destruction of both and yet that still isn't the worst business decision he made this week.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
“No U” is basically their battle cry

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Me: Surely it can't get any dumber.

*Things immediately get dumber*

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

wondered how long it was going to be until he just started outright attacking people with memes because they don't even want his lovely product for free

glad we're there - can't wait to see how bad it gets

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Just a reminder that only like a few people actually got twitter blue and all of this is just Musk having a freak out meltdown.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

MrMojok posted:

I guess also a part of this is that the chuds and musksuckers can now turn the “This mf paid for twitter!” ridicule back at the people who had blue checks forced on them.

They know it’s not true that these people paid, but of course it’s part of the “I’m lying, you know I’m lying, and I’m enjoying that you know I’m unashamedly lying” power-trip thing the entire right wing does.

Nah, Elon's still the big loser here - his blue check was such a massive flop that people are going out of their way to disassociate themselves from it.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I don’t even know if it’s possible to know the truth of their advertising situation these days.

But I’d bet there are a lot of companies advertising on there whose leadership, having already felt ill at the thought of running ads on that cesspool, are looking at the events of the past couple days and seriously questioning their choices.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I really doubt, unless Musk puts out actual data revealing this, that any of the major ad buyers have returned after all of Musk's bad decision making and any new gains are mostly smaller scammers mostly.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
God I want this to sink musk so bad

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Just a reminder that only like a few people actually got twitter blue and all of this is just Musk having a freak out meltdown.

no poo poo dude, that is why we are making fun of him

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

The only way I'd hand it to Musk is if it turned out this was a Brewster's Millions type situation where he had a year or something to completely tank Twitter.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jestery posted:

with the one he brought to Twitter HQ when he took over?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
There's no way he paid for twitter blue he has 12 tweets in the past 12 years

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jestery posted:

I want Musk to wear a potato sack as clothing and beg for scraps of food on a street corner

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

koshmar posted:

also I think his name is spelled wrong

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

koshmar posted:

BUT WHAT OF RICH EVANS?