Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I guess most of the posts are deleted but here is some content
https://twitter.com/jowens510/status/1029057842341269515

also

quote:

“I waited around all weekend while grimes coddled her boyfriend for being too stupid to know not to go on twitter on acid,” Banks wrote, concluding that “it was probably some weird threesome sex poo poo to begin with.”

That dark reference to Musk tweeting while on acid seems to refer to a Twitter thread Musk wrote at the beginning of August announcing his intention to take Tesla private “at $420.” “Funding secured,” he tweeted. It’s an open question whether Musk was being serious or whether he was making kind of a labored weed joke, but as Select All pointed out, if he was serious, his tweet could be seen as a manipulation of the marketplace. That would make it illegal. Musk wrote a blog post clarifying that no final decision had been made about Tesla’s future, but the Securities and Exchange Commission is reportedly investigating.

According to Banks, the investment issue was a major topic of concern at the Musk residence while she was there. “I saw him in the kitchen tucking his tail in between his legs scrounging for investors to cover his rear end after that tweet,” she said in an interview with Business Insider, during which she also clarified that she was at Musk’s home from early on Friday through Sunday night. “He was stressed and red in the face.” She added, “He’s not cute at all in person.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Glumwheels posted:

Was this dude always a piece of poo poo or what?

https://twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1649782798914387970

What loving proof is there of this?

lol it sounds like hes mad that he got a checkmark for being a successful businessman or whatever while some dumbass influencer also got one

but he wants to couch that in "fairness" by saying "well, truly everyone should be able to get one too if they can afford it"

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Lmao

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Glumwheels posted:

What loving proof is there of this?

A verified person is saying it.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

They think every blue tick they buy brings them closer to being able to say slurs in public

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

does Jack still thing Elons a genius who will take Twitter to a new successful level

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

they're right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
twitter is free

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

marketingbarbie

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
elon is such a Business genius. making your new product launch a punishment after months of saying it’s good actually

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its good actually and you will love it

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I’m glad I didn’t get my check from the elite leftist twitter employees, the ceo with mercurial politics is a much better judge

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

how do people make these? are there voice synthesizer things out there that will take those charcters voices

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

has andrew yang ever hung out with elon? they seem like they’d be peas in a pod

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I've been content to just read up until the ... of that particular tweet when it gets posted and not read to the end, and let me tell you, getting those two last lines like this was excellent 👌

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Consummate Professional posted:

has andrew yang ever hung out with elon? they seem like they’d be peas in a pod

:unsmith:

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Consummate Professional posted:

elon is such a Business genius. making your new product launch a punishment after months of saying it’s good actually
Isn't this just a dumb way to juice the numbers?

"See, a million users bought Blue this month? Give me ad money please"

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I do Imagine they don’t have to disclose sales numbers being private now

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
it seems like someone is about to discover that estate lawyers exist to protect the image and media rights of dead celebrities

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
mehdi r hasan

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

(Jeff Goldblum voice) "Jack creates Twitter. Jack creates verification. Elon buys Twitter. Elon creates Blue. Elon destroys verification. Celebs shun Blue. Elon Blues celebs."

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

"Celebs... eat Elon. Goons inherit the earth"

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

LGD posted:

looks like they’re just giving them out to anyone above a certain follower threshold

Regardless of whether or not they’re alive

https://twitter.com/mearn/status/1649905516527644672?s=20
https://twitter.com/mearn/status/1649907758584430593?s=20
https://twitter.com/mearn/status/1649908939000016896?s=20
Elon became such a powerful poster, he brings back the dead to life and make drill trend in the finance category. This thread constantly delivers.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 09:15 on Apr 23, 2023

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

skaboomizzy posted:

it seems like someone is about to discover that estate lawyers exist to protect the image and media rights of dead celebrities

A lot of dead pedo guys about to get owned by our epic boer

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

has Jeffrey Epstein been verified yet

Bootleg Trunks has issued a correction as of 09:48 on Apr 23, 2023

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

brugroffil posted:

This is like when Mormons do posthumous conversions

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I'm saddened by the fact that Jeff hasn't gifted blue ticks to all of us :(

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I doubt that people can easily claim damages based on false endorsement or whatever, but the idea of a bunch of rich people going after musk legally is still p. neat.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Getfiscal still throwing heaters

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1649871301190860805?t=rbvzMgkZzBf0xPsxAXKbww&s=19

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/krystalwolfy/status/1649906344567218176?s=20

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/GTAesthetic_/status/1649744792765575169?t=3EfmYpNRkj6CpbI10Q3TwQ&s=19

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I don't know why anyone thinks this is actionable for an endorsement fraud lawsuit. There is no endorsement, or use of celebrity likeness to fraudulently promote a product. It's a check mark on a bad site that Elon decided to simply give out for free to any of his users of notable following count.

It'd be like someone suing Jeffrey because they got red text...

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Asproigerosis posted:

Go on...

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!
if you block enough accounts in elons replies they just stop loading comments altogether

also I think that "we kick you after 250 blocks" thing has shortened considerably

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

Asproigerosis posted:

this is actionable to the right attorney op

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

tenderjerk posted:

this is actionable to the right attorney op

Sure but the affirmative defense of "this is a normal way users talk to each other, with decades of history, making safe harbor provisions applicable" has a better chance in court than "our CEO thought it was a good way to make people buy our product"

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Even if there was some endorsement fraud lawsuit Elon Musk would easily win

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Woke Mind Virus posted:

But the trial would produce content for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Can't stump the Trump Musk.