Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

pentyne posted:

Ah, found it. Also thinking maybe the mods need to take a look at the Rimworld thread.

I wonder what they weren't willing to tell us if that was the limit. :staredog:

Also, lmao at goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

If you can remember any details of it please PM me. That sounds great.

i don't have plat (this ain't begging, i don't WANT plat), but i'd be happy to share if i remember it. sharing cool stuff with people is the best.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Antivehicular posted:

Isn't this, like... the plot of DE? The thing the PC is supposed to be doing? I know it's a gently caress-around simulator, but it sounds like this guy wasn't loving around either? I need some links, I can't wrap my mind around what this guy was doing

Never underestimate how much someone who spite-plays a game can deliberately gently caress it up and then blame the game for his own fuckups.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

pentyne posted:

It's hard to discuss without spoilers, but he didn't even try to investigate the dead body, literally the first thing the game smacks you with as far as "hey maybe do this"

Then he should at least have gotten an achievement for that.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that achievement got added in the final cut, so they may have played prior to that

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

apparently Case of the Golden Idol is getting more cases as a DLC on April 27

posting in here cos it was this thread that recommended it to me and, it was probably one of the best things I played in months

https://www.polygon.com/23691144/case-of-the-golden-idol-dlc-release-date

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
gently caress yeah, golden idol owns

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Someone invent a lobotomy but aimed at allowing me to replay golden idol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

pentyne posted:

Ask people tried to understand why it pretty much boiled down to him not engaging with any optional content and trying to skip the story content as fast as possible.

It's hard to discuss without spoilers, but he didn't even try to investigate the dead body, literally the first thing the game smacks you with as far as "hey maybe do this"

That guy is addicted to playing bad shovelware games so him playing a good game for once left him unable to understand what he should do. sad really

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That guy is addicted to playing bad shovelware games so him playing a good game for once left him unable to understand what he should do. sad really

The AVGN is a goon?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waste of Breath posted:

Someone invent a lobotomy but aimed at allowing me to replay golden idol
this but for reading one piece, so I can experience the magic all over again

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Autisanal Cheese posted:

apparently Case of the Golden Idol is getting more cases as a DLC on April 27

posting in here cos it was this thread that recommended it to me and, it was probably one of the best things I played in months

https://www.polygon.com/23691144/case-of-the-golden-idol-dlc-release-date

aw yess hell yah

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It was after, and Cyrano specifically said he wanted Zak back so everyone could insult them over making GBS threads himself inside a Chik-fil-A. Still a very bad and dumb idea but not an intentionally malicious one.

i love this cyrano guy

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

loving sweet!

Also, I recognize that this is like reminding people to breathe, but if you liked golden idol but haven’t played return of the Obra Dinn go do that asap

Edit: sweet is in reference to golden idol dlc, not anything about cyrano

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Ibram Gaunt posted:

lol is there a link to these posts

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

How is that even possible

Remarkably in-character for Harry though tbh

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

John Charity Spring posted:

lol is there a link to these posts

for reference, the check he's talking about is boosted by nearly every plot-significant action you take through the whole game and gets boosted further if you lose the roll, making it borderline impossible to fail

Barudak posted:

Disco Elysium's mandatory Shivers check instantly disqualifies it from being a good game, which is a shame because everything else in it is pretty dang good. Its extra impressive because it lingers on to the third release version of this game.

Barudak posted:

I did absolutely nothing intentionally. I played the game without a guide because everyone and their mother was like "don't use a guide its so reactive and cool!" and it turns out there are unlabeled "you get no credit for doing this sidequest and its permanently gone" outcomes to the quests tied to making that mandatory shivers check easier and I've hit absolutely all of them possible for this point in the game. I'm not even speed-running, I've done literally every possible sidequest at this juncture in the game.

If I had played with a guide I'd still be complaining, because my complaint would be "oof this shivers check doesn't need to be mandatory like this and also it seems kind of rude that you can without any warning fail to get any bonuses to it, thus effectively soft locking you behind a very low RNG chance". You also must pass the check, and RNG to progress is always bad, its like the most basic of instructions to starting Game Masters in role playing games.

Barudak posted:

I've got a single +3 bonus despite making it to this point and decided it based on your post to look it up.

Didn't help the cryptozoologists so no bonus
Reported the body instead of solving it so no bonus
Didn't attempt an impossible check so no bonus (can fix this I guess but why the gently caress is this of all things connected)
Told the music kids trying to start a drug lab to gently caress off, no bonus
I have 6+ hours before I can do the gun quest so I can fix this, but still possible to not get this bonus and now that I've looked it up and desparate to not have to keep reloading Im changing the outcome Im choosing to avoid no bonus
Didn't go on a weird date by abusing my rank with a woman with a dead husband so no bonus
No credit for the murder reconstruction I think for missing the gunshot wound, no bonus

1) Same reason any game with character creation options that vastly outclass others with no warning is a bad game.
2) This is presented as a free-form roleplaying adventure game where I can make the decisions I think are best or most interesting. Except, hidden from me, thats not actually true at all and now in order to pass this gate keeping I noted I'm literally looking up a walkthrough guide and choosing certain dialogs so I get to keep playing

barudak is mostly benign, his taste is just esoteric to the point of uselessness (most of his praise is for machine-translated wuxia games) and he periodically exaggerates his accounts of whatever third-string adventure game he's playing so you can't tell where his obtuseness starts and ends. this one just stuck out because he was slagging a game people actually played for a change

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Oxxidation posted:

for reference, the check he's talking about is boosted by nearly every plot-significant action you take through the whole game and gets boosted further if you lose the roll, making it borderline impossible to fail

barudak is mostly benign, his taste is just esoteric to the point of uselessness (most of his praise is for machine-translated wuxia games) and he periodically exaggerates his accounts of whatever third-string adventure game he's playing so you can't tell where his obtuseness starts and ends. this one just stuck out because he was slagging a game people actually played for a change

hahaha of course it's the GBS relationships thread superstar guy

e: that's harsh, you're probably right that he's mostly benign, but every post I see from him is the weirdest poo poo

John Charity Spring fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 23, 2023

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Oxxidation posted:

lol at not helping the cryptologoists

i know exactly what this person is just from that

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol at not helping the cryptologoists

i know exactly what this person is just from that

never played DE can u explain pls

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

lobster shirt posted:

I have also never played DE but I can promise you I'd help the cryptozoologists because why would i play a videogame if I ran into cryptozoologists and didn't help?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

it is a sign of no curiosity, imagination, empathy, or soul

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Oxxidation posted:

It's a check that's also boosted by tons of sidequests you do, too. I think my final bonus was +21 last time I played and tried to engage with every NPC?

e- yeah here's a snip:

A 97% is the highest you can get, because you always auto fail on two 1s, but the number of bonuses you can get is huge. Shivers is also a really cool stat that only contributes cool stuff to dialog, so it's never wrong to boost it, either.

lobster shirt posted:

The cryptozoologist's wife is one of the first NPCs you encounter in the game. You can straight up collide with her wheelchair if you gently caress a roll up. She is the nicest person in the game. Basic empathy would make you want to help her out and get attached to her. Curiosity about the world and what she has to say about it would lead you to asking her about cryptids because it's fun.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 23, 2023

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also if you attempt and fail the check twice, you will unlock a side quest that gives a bigger bonus than any of those. I think this goes for any check that is required to progress a main story quest, and you're introduced to this concept on day one.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Ur-Quan Wars Review

-I flew into the urquan base and died this game sucks

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

played through breath of the wild and drat this game is garbage

you just run to gannon and have to bash your head against him over and over again and then that's the end of the game???

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

lobster shirt posted:

"Dude do you want to help us find mythical monsters????"

:geno: no

"Sir, we should investigate this murder"

"Hey, mister, will you help us set up a rad electronica dance hall?"

"Man, you should do something about your unresolved breakup angst"

"Perhaps we should look more closely at this murder, this main plot, the reason for us being here"

:geno: sigh

:geno: why is this game so boring and stupid

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

played through breath of the wild and drat this game is garbage

you just run to gannon and have to bash your head against him over and over again and then that's the end of the game???

Yeah it owns

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Poor baba, just sat there for weeks until I finally had to leave the mountain to buy poo poo for the gods.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
For some reason I had a pirated version of Broken Sword II in Italian, and let me tell you, that game made absolutely no sense.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Autisanal Cheese posted:

This poster is somehow still posting.

lol @ this in the thread though humblebrag, you mad bastard

It didn't really seem perma-worthy, but I was young then, it was, oh, months ago

Big 'that Minecraft fairy torture guy' energy though.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hey why was I unable to call Riichi last turn I was at ready hand

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

John Charity Spring posted:

hahaha of course it's the GBS relationships thread superstar guy

e: that's harsh, you're probably right that he's mostly benign, but every post I see from him is the weirdest poo poo

This is how I felt about Bust Rodd but I only saw his posts in MTG-related threads

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Danaru posted:

I forget how this one works but does it automatically pop up the option to riichi or do you have to hit X/square to do it?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Heath posted:

I forget how this one works but does it automatically pop up the option to riichi or do you have to hit X/square to do it?

Apparently you have to hit square first for that specific prompt to come up :cripes: It makes sense but also god dammit

E: Also the Riichi theme is a loving banger

Danaru fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 23, 2023

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You're still solidly winning by the looks of it. In Yakuza mahjong anyway all that matters is that you win

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

skeleton warrior posted:

"Dude do you want to help us find mythical monsters????"

"Sir, we should investigate this murder"

"Hey, mister, will you help us set up a rad electronica dance hall?"

"Man, you should do something about your unresolved breakup angst"

"Perhaps we should look more closely at this murder, this main plot, the reason for us being here"

:geno: sigh

:geno: why is this game so boring and stupid

Danaru posted:

"Maybe you could call Riichi"

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

gonna brag here too lol. not the best time but w/e. good game. not as good as the og, but its good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Dongicus posted:

gonna brag here too lol. not the best time but w/e. good game. not as good as the og, but its good.

S+ is an S+, gj. What weapons did you primarily use?