Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

I remember angrily defending Ayton from accusations of being soft last year. I still don’t think hes soft but he’s not aggressive enough of the time
Like 3rd quarter ayton should be at least 1st and 3rd quarter ayton

Overall he was pretty great today! I’ll take two quarters of that over none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Agreed. I rip on him because he has all the tools and doesn’t use them. Want him to put it together, he was excellent for three series straight in the finals run before hitting the Greek buzzsaw

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I really appreciate this thumbnail ESPN put up for their video of the Dillon Brooks/LeBron incident and I hope others do too

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Somewhere there's a portrait of Dillon Brooks getting younger

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

fast cars loose anus posted:

I really appreciate this thumbnail ESPN put up for their video of the Dillon Brooks/LeBron incident and I hope others do too

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

HE'S BEEN KILLED

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

This first round is real stupid but also real fun

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pain.... or ecstasy?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oh my god the first line on that article

quote:

LOS ANGELES -- Memphis Grizzlies forward Dillon Brooks earned a premature exit in Saturday's Game 3 for poking the bear below the belt.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-playoffs-dillon-brooks-ejected-for-lebron-james-low-blow-in-runaway-lakers-win-025951518.html

I didn't see it live, but here is a pretty lengthy breakdown of the event. Honestly don't know how I feel because that was a genuine shot to the nuts, but I could see how that also could be trying to get a deflect on a between the legs dribble. Flag 2 seems a bit much.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

kingcobweb posted:

Just had a drunken discussion at a bar with a friend about who should have really won the DPOY they gave to MJ in the 80s and I said no way it should have been a guard so maybe uhhh Laimbeer?? How dumb was I 3.5 drinks in.

I don’t know if Laimbeer was quite DPOY but wasn’t just a goon. He wasn’t a shot blocker but he was an excellent positional defender who was way ahead of his time on help defense concepts that we take for granted today.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

predicto posted:

I don’t know if Laimbeer was quite DPOY but wasn’t just a goon. He wasn’t a shot blocker but he was an excellent positional defender who was way ahead of his time on help defense concepts that we take for granted today.

Yup stretch 5 help defender is a good way to describe him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lifespan posted:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-playoffs-dillon-brooks-ejected-for-lebron-james-low-blow-in-runaway-lakers-win-025951518.html

I didn't see it live, but here is a pretty lengthy breakdown of the event. Honestly don't know how I feel because that was a genuine shot to the nuts, but I could see how that also could be trying to get a deflect on a between the legs dribble. Flag 2 seems a bit much.

The instant I saw the first replay it was incredibly obvious to me that his intent was definitely going for the ball, but not the orange one. There's no chance he plays game 4.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Please Silver let him play.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

kingcobweb posted:

Just had a drunken discussion at a bar with a friend about who should have really won the DPOY they gave to MJ in the 80s and I said no way it should have been a guard so maybe uhhh Laimbeer?? How dumb was I 3.5 drinks in.

How does your brain go to Laimbeer before Olajuwon lol

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If they ejected Harden they had to eject Brooks

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
Respect to the Miami Heat fans for summoning some wholesome Ted Lasso energy to chant "DI-PO DI-PO" as Victor Oladipo is carried off the court possibly never to return. :smith:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Miami is one of the best crowds I think.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

It’s been a great few days of nut shots, especially since Embiid was the most deliberate out of all of them and only a flagrant 1.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1650001395104509954

Dick Boss
Mar 20, 2023

by Hand Knit
These playoffs have been sick so far

Dick Boss
Mar 20, 2023

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/OrenWeisfeld/status/1649431161930645504?s=20

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The Heat just turn every series the last two seasons into Thunderdome huh

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

So you can't say it without the ñ either now

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So at this point is any contact with another man’s cock and balls an automatic ejection?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/fastbreakbreak/status/1650003536376365056?s=46

Superstar call lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

seems like there's a lot of groin stuff in the playoffs this year

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

R.D. Mangles posted:

This is what inflation has done to America

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

What has this country come to? Drag queens in women's bathrooms punching NBA players in the dick. Thanks, Obama.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I love the NBA so much

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

a new study bible! posted:

So at this point is any contact with another man’s cock and balls an automatic ejection?

They ought to make it an official rule for the pure comedy of all the foul hunters jumping dick first at defenders on every shot attempt.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

We're like 4 nutshots away from getting into a single game when Stockton and Malone were setting screens.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

The groin is part of the ball(s).

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mechafunkzilla posted:

How does your brain go to Laimbeer before Olajuwon lol

For some reason I had it in my head that Hakeem was an elite 90s player and forgot how good he was in the 80s.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

a new study bible! posted:

Not if it’s incidental.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

austin reeves this year gets more foul shots per fga than james harden btw, that poo poo is not sustainable and he sucks

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
We have to come together and pray for a league in which Austin reeves and Duncan Robinson are not helping decide playoff games
Thats just bad juju

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Dexo posted:

It's almost like team construction and context matters.

Are team construction and context responsible for him bricking wide open 3s and not trying on defense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Hmm almost like sample size matters, dude is still a possession killer and chronic bad decision maker and the clippers are losing the series sooo