Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Death By The Blues posted:

Wild to think Zelensky is attractive/hot. Can't be the only one who thinks he looks like Gru.

the Robert Mueller effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRUQN8YIpEI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Death By The Blues posted:

Wild to think Zelensky is attractive/hot. Can't be the only one who thinks he looks like Gru.

talloid cope

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

DancingShade posted:

The thing about critiquing other people's looks is ideally you wouldn't be throwing stones in glass houses while doing it.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

1stGear posted:

emma watson seems cool and all but that post is cringe. just absolute basic bitch poo poo.

Slava

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Check out my latest article, Every Woman You Know Has A Crush On Robert Mueller Andrew Cuomo Volodymr Zelensky

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The first guy ended up sucking completely (he always did tbf- check out The Finders cult and his involvement in blocking the investigation), the second was a deviant who assaulted his staff, the third could surprise us yet!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

SplitSoul posted:

Norwegian leftist party Rødt voted in favor of dropping their opposition to arms deliveries.

https://www-aftenposten-no.translat...&_x_tr_pto=wapp

cøckdt party

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SplitSoul posted:

Norwegian leftist party Rødt voted in favor of dropping their opposition to arms deliveries.

https://www-aftenposten-no.translat...&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Rødt rear end war

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

røddit

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I assume this is a thing Gradenko would have posted, if anyone was even aware that this happened

https://twitter.com/newsman20/status/1649515834619101184

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
You people are Good at computer

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lostconfused posted:

I assume this is a thing Gradenko would have posted, if anyone was even aware that this happened

Armenia getting a bunch of GPUs would be cool and good

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

Very powerful graphics

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1649895929426726912?s=20

Tblisi Days

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Emily in Tblisi

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Billy Crystal and Debra Winger in "Forget Tblisi"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ukrainian war corespondents still putting out subtitled reports/interviews from bakhmut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_OAI2XbpO4

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

lol i remember being in Cyprus years ago and fellow brits complaining that all the food was bad so they were going to the McDonalds and then shouting that there's 'too many loving birds' because there were like two sparrows next to him

that stuck with me

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I've been wanting to climb some peaks in the Carpathians and the bottom line with a lot of these "lesser known destinations" is 1) finding an outfitter 2) nobody speaks English 3) they are very unchill with certain ethnic groups, western tourists or no.

So, if you're an American and speak Georgian or stay within the absolute core downtown district, sure whatever, I guess.

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol i remember being in Cyprus years ago and fellow brits complaining that all the food was bad so they were going to the McDonalds and then shouting that there's 'too many loving birds' because there were like two sparrows next to him

that stuck with me

I would be amazed if Brits and Canadians are welcome in Cyprus now, since we sent everybody rotating from Afghanistan there for two weeks so they wouldn't cause trouble at home by drinking, fighting, and smashing up bars.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1650111231196536832?s=20

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Dnieper "river crossing" is a perfect example of Ukraine not aiming for objectives of military value but to win the news cycle.

something something never confuse a symbolic victory for a real one.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

The Dnieper "river crossing" is a perfect example of Ukraine not aiming for objectives of military value but to win the news cycle.

They're clearly going for a tourism victory

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

what a strange video

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

they are still getting a bunch of funding and direct support at least in part because they are doing the symbolic stuff well, so idk i guess time will tell

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

CODChimera posted:

what a strange video

tiny hobbit creature

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

іній posted:

Tumorrow, you know, belong tu mi, yeah.

When we say that the fight between us and the Moksha is the final contest for the right to lead the Fourth Reich, we are not being ironic, not even a little.

Denazification fell through, completely (c) vozhd Strelkov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXreSAXf1V8
(from t.me/ice_inii/985, via tgsa)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

uh

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Anywhere in the UK that isn't London, Oxford, Cambridge or Stratford Upon Avon? I've literally never seen an American tourist in the UK outside of those places.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pistol_Pete posted:

Anywhere in the UK that isn't London, Oxford, Cambridge or Stratford Upon Avon? I've literally never seen an American tourist in the UK outside of those places.

i mean to be fair the UK does like to concentrate money and a lot of places are terribly run down

we had some nice beaches but we covered them in faeces

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

I've been wanting to climb some peaks in the Carpathians

The upper and middle Danube from Germany through Austria to Vienna and on to Budapest in Hungary is one of the world’s most popular cycle routes, followed by cyclists of all ages and abilities. But the Danube Cycleway does not end at Budapest. It continues for another 1717km at first through Hungary, then the countries of Croatia and Serbia (former Yugoslavia) and Romania, all the way to the Black Sea. The cycleway still follows the river, but the resemblance ends there. Unlike the well-developed tourist infrastructure of Germany and Austria, after Budapest you enter a re gion where tourism is still in its infancy. As a result, by cycling the lower Danube you embark upon an adventure where the very journey becomes something of a challenge.

Tourist offices, places to stay and cycle shops are few and far between, while West European languages are little spoken. You need to plan accommo dation ahead and be more self-sufficient when it comes to maintaining your cycle in working order. The fact that you cross the line of the for mer Iron Curtain twice, pass through an area that was involved in a vio lent civil war as recently as 1999 and skirt the edge of the old Soviet Union all add to the sense of adventure. But don’t be discouraged by this. Cycling the lower Danube is well within the capabilities of most cycle tourists. The people are warm and friendly and both road surfaces and waymarking have improved a lot in recent years. This book is intended to help the average cyclist complete this adventure successfully.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

The upper and middle Danube from Germany through Austria to Vienna and on to Budapest in Hungary is one of the world’s most popular cycle routes, followed by cyclists of all ages and abilities. But the Danube Cycleway does not end at Budapest. It continues for another 1717km at first through Hungary, then the countries of Croatia and Serbia (former Yugoslavia) and Romania, all the way to the Black Sea. The cycleway still follows the river, but the resemblance ends there. Unlike the well-developed tourist infrastructure of Germany and Austria, after Budapest you enter a re gion where tourism is still in its infancy. As a result, by cycling the lower Danube you embark upon an adventure where the very journey becomes something of a challenge.

Tourist offices, places to stay and cycle shops are few and far between, while West European languages are little spoken. You need to plan accommo dation ahead and be more self-sufficient when it comes to maintaining your cycle in working order. The fact that you cross the line of the for mer Iron Curtain twice, pass through an area that was involved in a vio lent civil war as recently as 1999 and skirt the edge of the old Soviet Union all add to the sense of adventure. But don’t be discouraged by this. Cycling the lower Danube is well within the capabilities of most cycle tourists. The people are warm and friendly and both road surfaces and waymarking have improved a lot in recent years. This book is intended to help the average cyclist complete this adventure successfully.

Avanti! C-SPAM meetup 2024.

e: Disclaimer: As cool as they are, these guys became Political in 1922.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

Avanti! C-SPAM meetup 2024.

e: Disclaimer: As cool as they are, these guys became Political in 1922.

it's funny how military reenactors are always really old and out of shape when they're usually supposed to be portraying undernourished european teenagers

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Comrade Koba posted:

it's funny how military reenactors are always really old and out of shape when they're usually supposed to be portraying undernourished european teenagers

Because reenactments here are run by Parks Canada, we really do have waifish undergrads storming the Queenston Heights and defending Fort Henry as their summer jobs, and like 19th century soldiers, the CAF medics attached have to treat outbreaks of VD every summer.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Comrade Koba posted:

probably accurate for late civil war battles

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I respect their dedication to authenticity.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

crepeface posted:

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1649447814664007681?t=XDqeCHYxYmThOnet2PwX3Q&s=19

good ep re: Ukraine. nothing new for readers of this thread, but an enjoyable Liz rant about how everyone is being gaslit and going insane.

I don't think it was a good episode of all. I think they should have focused on the Fort Bragg stuff, or the leaks. Every episode they have about the war feels so disjointed and random, Liz should really write down her thoughts before the episode.

She's correct about everyone being gaslit though. Even Seth several times during the episode say something like "I don't support Russia but..." for observations that anyone should be able to make like both sides are grinding down soldiers but Ukraine is obviously losing men at a much higher rate.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
having to state 'i don't support russia but' just gets hammered into you

like even here you had to be careful when the thread was being monitored because any suggestion that you actually did support Russia would get you a probe or even the special ban+30

I guess the issue is around what 'support' means. Like actually thinking Russia are the good guys is obviously dumb. They're doing this for self preservation, national pride and stability. There's nothing noble going on here. And then there's the issues surrounding Russia and LGBT which makes it a particularly ugly side to actually root for. But if 'support' just means 'well NATO caused this so I hope NATO doesn't get it's way' then yeah I ""'support Russia'"".

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I don't think it was a good episode of all. I think they should have focused on the Fort Bragg stuff, or the leaks. Every episode they have about the war feels so disjointed and random, Liz should really write down her thoughts before the episode.

She's correct about everyone being gaslit though. Even Seth several times during the episode say something like "I don't support Russia but..." for observations that anyone should be able to make like both sides are grinding down soldiers but Ukraine is obviously losing men at a much higher rate.

I think what Radio War Nerd went through was a pretty common experience. People were relentlessly berated over the most tame observations. Liz is 100% right about people being gaslit constantly. We joke about Snake Island, The Ghost of Kiev, Russia shelling their own nuclear power plant, bombing their own pipeline, whatever, but that's been a constant feature since the jump.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Also I don't really agree with their America is becoming increasing isolated line. In the future there will certainly be alternatives but America is one of the biggest manufacturers in the world, and most countries have to interact with it especially for consumer goods. Think the world map of decisions is still the same, the only thing that's changed is Europe is the weakest it's been.

Macron and co can go overseas and say whatever but at the end of the day where else are these countries going to go? We blew up the European pipeline, and Euros can't even muster the will to declare war on us. Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Frosted Flake posted:

I think what Radio War Nerd went through was a pretty common experience. People were relentlessly berated over the most tame observations. Liz is 100% right about people being gaslit constantly. We joke about Snake Island, The Ghost of Kiev, Russia shelling their own nuclear power plant, bombing their own pipeline, whatever, but that's been a constant feature since the jump.

I just found out ~other threads~ unironically still believe fully and completely Russia destroyed the pipeline. I thought even the mainstream news had moved on to "some billionare in a rowboat did it", so that made me feel a bit like I was living in a weird alternate reality. Do people still believe in the ghost of Kiev too? The shovel knights? Shelling their own plants? How much of the really wacky stuff is still fully the accepted reality?

It kind of makes me feel like I'm losing my mind.