Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Carbohydrates posted:

I did a thing with lego bricks and I was told y'all might enjoy it here!

I have made some other video game stuff too

oh wtf this is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

This rules, nice work!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Carbohydrates posted:

this is rad as gently caress

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Pro looking stuff, very cool Legoing

Edit: wow your chemical plant is way cooler than most of these official sonic Lego sets, but those are cool too didn't know that was a thing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Help Im Alive posted:

I was looking up some of the Pizza Tower songs on youtube after completing it today and people are surprisingly into the pizza tower lore (???)

Did you know that that Pizza boy's pizza was the original restaraunt pizza face used. we learn in floor 5 he has the original pillar john which he used to save his business and here in War we learn how he made the pillar Johns to expand the tower and collect Toppins. War is not just peppino's memory of the War he once fought but its where Totino Pizzaface began construction of the pizza tower and his final gamble to save his business and that the name "Thousand March" references Italian history. It could be alluding to the "Expedition of the Thousand" of 1860, in which famous Italian nationalist Giuseppe Garibaldi lead a volunteer force of around 1000 men to invade Sicily and Naples, and proceeded to conquer the entire Southern half of Italy before handing it over to the Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia under King Victor Emmanuel II, an event that then directly lead to the Unification of Italy and the creation of a complete Italian state. and that One could say The Noise, False Peppino, and Pizza Boy are all opposites of Peppino in different ways. The Noise is a perversion of emotion. Where Peppino is depressive, The Noise is manic. False Peppino is a perversion of form. A ghoulish repetition of Peppino's unique nature, mass-produced. Pizza Boy is a perversion of morals. Instead of just minding his own business, he squandered it all to take what little Peppino had left while masked by a false smile

maybe it'll make sense once I go for the P ranks
it won't

there's a lot you can dig for from the pizza tower background "lore" but it all ultimately doesn't really matter. but it is appreciated that it's there

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2280000/SQUARE_ENIX_AI_Tech_Preview_THE_PORTOPIA_SERIAL_MURDER_CASE/

this is.. not how I was expecting one of the most influential NES games of all time to be localized

but I'm fine with this, especially for free

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 23, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2280000/SQUARE_ENIX_AI_Tech_Preview_THE_PORTOPIA_SERIAL_MURDER_CASE/

this is.. not how I was expecting one of the most influential NES games of all time to be localized

but I'm fine with this, especially for free

That's because there is an almost 110% chance Square data mines your entire PC through this app and then sells the data.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I unlocked Barrage on my Bard :stonklol:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Carbohydrates posted:

woahhhhjhh holy gently caress

i guess you can submit ideas for lego to potentially make a lego set out of and they choose which one they make based on votes, etc. and the outer wilds ship has quite a few votes
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/42025669-62a9-4f84-ab27-a940f5e61eef

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I just realised that I haven't done any class power rankings since I started playing again! So with everything currently sat just around level 38 here's my current feelings:

1. Bard - manouvrability + party support + range = greatness, Barrage is so loving cool
2. Dragoon - I'm just starting to get to grips with jumping, I got elusive jump too now and leaping out and then jumping back to maintain DPS rules
3. Ninja - I figured out how Ninjitsu works! I love how quick the cooldowns are, tapping buttons fast is great
4. Warrior - pure beef
5. Summoner - it's cool that I'm summoning primals now but the gameplay hasn't changed in like 20 levels
6. Monk - I just unlocked the first trait to build chakra automatically in combat so I can see this being really awesome at high levels
7. Paladin - the focus on defence is cool in dungeons but soloing is a real drag
8. Scholar - the lazy healer's choice of class and by god am I lazy
9. White Mage - starting to build a great range of healing options (Regen <3) but still just one button to press when soloing
10. Black Mage - just the dirtbag worst (might have helped if I remembered Sleep existed though)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Carbohydrates posted:

can you make a version with alternate spinning rims?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Help Im Alive posted:

I was looking up some of the Pizza Tower songs on youtube after completing it today and people are surprisingly into the pizza tower lore (???)

Did you know that that Pizza boy's pizza was the original restaraunt pizza face used. we learn in floor 5 he has the original pillar john which he used to save his business and here in War we learn how he made the pillar Johns to expand the tower and collect Toppins. War is not just peppino's memory of the War he once fought but its where Totino Pizzaface began construction of the pizza tower and his final gamble to save his business and that the name "Thousand March" references Italian history. It could be alluding to the "Expedition of the Thousand" of 1860, in which famous Italian nationalist Giuseppe Garibaldi lead a volunteer force of around 1000 men to invade Sicily and Naples, and proceeded to conquer the entire Southern half of Italy before handing it over to the Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia under King Victor Emmanuel II, an event that then directly lead to the Unification of Italy and the creation of a complete Italian state. and that One could say The Noise, False Peppino, and Pizza Boy are all opposites of Peppino in different ways. The Noise is a perversion of emotion. Where Peppino is depressive, The Noise is manic. False Peppino is a perversion of form. A ghoulish repetition of Peppino's unique nature, mass-produced. Pizza Boy is a perversion of morals. Instead of just minding his own business, he squandered it all to take what little Peppino had left while masked by a false smile

maybe it'll make sense once I go for the P ranks

pizza man goes brr

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i go bop bop to the tunes though

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/90sGraphics/status/1649871224133107712

i love indie devs

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Rarity posted:

FF14:

I just realised that I haven't done any class power rankings since I started playing again! So with everything currently sat just around level 38 here's my current feelings:

1. Bard - manouvrability + party support + range = greatness, Barrage is so loving cool
2. Dragoon - I'm just starting to get to grips with jumping, I got elusive jump too now and leaping out and then jumping back to maintain DPS rules
3. Ninja - I figured out how Ninjitsu works! I love how quick the cooldowns are, tapping buttons fast is great
4. Warrior - pure beef
5. Summoner - it's cool that I'm summoning primals now but the gameplay hasn't changed in like 20 levels
6. Monk - I just unlocked the first trait to build chakra automatically in combat so I can see this being really awesome at high levels
7. Paladin - the focus on defence is cool in dungeons but soloing is a real drag
8. Scholar - the lazy healer's choice of class and by god am I lazy
9. White Mage - starting to build a great range of healing options (Regen <3) but still just one button to press when soloing
10. Black Mage - just the dirtbag worst (might have helped if I remembered Sleep existed though)

As a former Bard main, I'm happy you agree that Bard rules.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Draga posted:

As a former Bard main, I'm happy you agree that Bard rules.

I started as an Archer and even though I'm levelling everything I still consider Bard my primary class :hai:

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Bard feels like the most chill "listen to a podcast while you play" class. You have high mobility and can attack from range while moving, can heal yourself, and also you're in a DPS role so you don't have all the responsibilities of a tank or healer so almost nobody ever blames you for anything.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Rarity posted:

I have some bad news for you

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Carbohydrates posted:

this owns

rox
Sep 7, 2016

please submit your stuff to lego ideas if you haven't already because theyre all awesome

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is there a Lego thread on SA that’s just cool stuff goons make without Lego talk as well because I would read the poo poo out of that

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I fell behind on the lego thread years ago and now it has.........16,500 unread posts in it. I wonder how much is worth reading to catch up, there was always a big mixture of cool stuff people made among bickering, sale discussion, etc that it seems like a shame to skip to the end, but that's alotta posts!!!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

White Mage is real fun once you get some levels. Popping all your cooldowns to res and heal the raid after the boss pulls some jack move is very fun.
You also get some decent aoe dmg at one point.

Really getting the itch for some mmoing now, but I must be strong and resist that resub button.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Is there a Lego thread on SA that’s just cool stuff goons make without Lego talk as well because I would read the poo poo out of that

Lego thread: Shiiiiiiiit, I don't got the money for this.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Black Mage is wonderful, but yeah sleep is a requirement for solo quests that love to throw multiple enemies your way.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I love Black Mage now that I'm max level but I really didn't enjoy leveling it. I started it as my first job when I started at the end of ARR and didn't actually get the job to cap til this expansion.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

black mage is really rough low level until you get fire 3 / ice 3, and doesn't get its actual rotation until lvl 60

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

That's because there is an almost 110% chance Square data mines your entire PC through this app and then sells the data.
not sure what data they'd harvest in the game itself, they specifically disabled the chatGPT element and it's purely for interpreting parser commands to find a closest equivalent to what the game accepts, so that you don't need to know the specific esoteric commands the game wants of you like a lot of early text adventures did. it's just an NPL showcase

if you're just saying they'll put a keylogger rootkit or w/e on your pc, couldn't they literally do that with any of their games if they wanted to

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Good point. Best to not buy any games from them then.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My first run at Cutter's Cry went incredibly badly due to a mishap in my options menu that disabled my auto-targeting and had my camera locking-on to enemies so I kept running straight into the glowy enemy attacks :downs:

Feldegast42 posted:

black mage is really rough low level until you get fire 3 / ice 3, and doesn't get its actual rotation until lvl 60

I got Fire/Ice 3 but they're so slow to cast and you only get 3 fires before you run out of MP :argh:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rarity posted:

My first run at Cutter's Cry went incredibly badly due to a mishap in my options menu that disabled my auto-targeting and had my camera locking-on to enemies so I kept running straight into the glowy enemy attacks :downs:

I got Fire/Ice 3 but they're so slow to cast and you only get 3 fires before you run out of MP :argh:

To be sure you're only casting fire 3 as your opener right? Fire 1 is your main damage at the point you're at

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheWorldsaStage posted:

To be sure you're only casting fire 3 as your opener right? Fire 1 is your main damage at the point you're at

But... but Fire 3 is more damage...

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coQQ-K8Iwi8

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rarity posted:

But... but Fire 3 is more damage...

It's a little counter intuitive, Fire 3 gives you full Astral fire stacks which is a general Fire damage buff, so at your black mage level your rotation for single target should be

Lightning, Fire 3, Fire 1 until you're out of MP, Blizzard 3 for a tick for full MP, repeat!

Oh and don't forget to Swiftcast that Fire 3!

Also at some point, I'm not sure when you get the trait, Fire 1 has a chance to proc a free instant Fire 3

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 23, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Good, this is one of the best ways for people to help out civilization these days. It's like they always say, "your entire self worth and value to other human beings is only as high as the amount of kbs of personal data you generate."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wonder if it'll be remaking the whole game considering it's just a tech demo

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Khanstant posted:

Good, this is one of the best ways for people to help out civilization these days. It's like they always say, "your entire self worth and value to other human beings is only as high as the amount of kbs of personal data you generate."

that's why I have an executable named personal_data.exe on my desktop that's just a forkbomb

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Programming a Trojan into my own genetic code just to be safe

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Lightning, Fire 3, Fire 1 until you're out of MP, Blizzard 3 for a tick for full MP, repeat!

Oh and don't forget to Swiftcast that Fire 3!

Oh boy am I playing this class wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

Programming a Trojan into my own genetic code just to be safe

foxdie...