Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Maybe they're pulling a page from Canadian banks and allow negative amortization or renewing for 30+ years terms to avoid getting hosed from all directions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/Ian_Schwartzman/status/1649369107106496512?s=20

Can someone help me? My family is dying.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
people are spending $50 a day on weed?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

But it's not verifying your identity, it's verifying that you paid twitter eight bucks this month. There's literally no checks that you are who you claim to be, how are these people able to move around under their own power without repeatedly falling down?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

CaptainRat posted:

people are spending $50 a day on weed?

Really heavy stoners smoking good stuff? Maybe.

Back when I was into that (like 15 years ago now, wow) $50 was on the upper end for an 8th of really good pot. Smoking an 8th a day is doable if you're an absolute wake and bake degenerate who doesn't know sobriety at any part of the day. I mean, that's a gently caress ton of weed, but you can pull it off.

But it's by no means normal, and thinking that's what weed costs is either a "how much is a banana" moment or a hell of a tell like an alcoholic thinking everyone spends $25 on a fifth of Jack every day.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
I kind of figured, I live in the People's Republic of Drugafornia and mostly take edibles because I'm a big dumb baby and I don't come close to approaching that.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Also, why would I want to verify my identity to Twitter even if that’s what it did? That’s important for, like, governments, major national reporters, and A-list celebrities. 99% of Twitter has no use for it.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

rjmccall posted:

Also, why would I want to verify my identity to Twitter even if that’s what it did? That’s important for, like, governments, major national reporters, and A-list celebrities. 99% of Twitter has no use for it.

Psh, look how wrong you are.

At LEAST 2% of twitter wants to scam and impersonate using a checkmark.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I do not value telling people I’m subscribed to Elon Musk’s Patreon at $8.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Cyrano4747 posted:

But it's by no means normal, and thinking that's what weed costs is either a "how much is a banana" moment or a hell of a tell like an alcoholic thinking everyone spends $25 on a fifth of Jack every day.

In this case, it's 100% the later.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

If you were spending that much on weed wouldn't you just like grow it for yourself? My state lets you grow your own.. which seems kinda a pain for the occasional user but if your spending $on a daily basis your rear end probably should grow it on your own (void where prohibited)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i spend 500-900 bux a month on food and dont grow any of it myself

drk
Jan 16, 2005

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i spend 500-900 bux a month on food and dont grow any of it myself

If youre looking to spend more try growing food sometime

I enjoy gardening but a lot of money can be spent with little to nothing edible coming from it, or too much all at once and it gets wasted

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

tater_salad posted:

If you were spending that much on weed wouldn't you just like grow it for yourself? My state lets you grow your own.. which seems kinda a pain for the occasional user but if your spending $on a daily basis your rear end probably should grow it on your own (void where prohibited)

seems like a lot of work, could cut into your weed smoking and twitter posting time too much?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Wow almost as if nobody places any value on a Twitter checkmark

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Hey now, paying to watch King of the Hill on demand is my one comfort in this cold world.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It's me, I'm spending 8 bucks on coffee to have my name on it, that's why they do that.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

You mean a name very close to yours, but not quite right.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Or if you're my wife, your middle name, because it's way easier for random American cashiers to spell and pronounce.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Just came across two things;

1: https://askdoctorbitcoin.substack.com/p/then-they-fight-you-hold-my-beer
Some humor in what they post as fact (all Crypto people hold NFT's lol) but unsurprisingly it's someone who got in on the Bitcoin Ponzi quite early.

2: a crypto person I know posting this openly on Facebook:

crypto maximalists posted:

is anyone selling large amounts of btc? I'm talking 50 million - 1 billion asap.

Nobody money laundering here!

edit:3 : lmao. apparently one crypto person proud of being involved in this griftfest: https://facebook.com/defiancemediatv

e:, wrong thread although open money laundering is stupid

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 22, 2023

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bed bath and beyond has filed for bankruptcy, with no hope of reorganizing - just selling its assets

needless to say the bbby subreddit still thinks there’s a hope

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

evilweasel posted:

Bed bath and beyond has filed for bankruptcy, with no hope of reorganizing - just selling its assets

Does this mean that all the coupons are now expired?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Twerk from Home posted:

Does this mean that all the coupons are now expired?

maybe they’re good for bids on the stores itself!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

evilweasel posted:

obviously this is *the* time to buy.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
My other thought is that there's going to be a lot more Spirit Halloween locations this year.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum

evilweasel posted:

From the NPR article about it:

quote:

Its shares rose and crashed as a meme stock on the news that activist investor Ryan Cohen invested in the company. He shook up corporate leadership and then cashed out of his bet with a tidy profit.

Just lol

I did like going to Bed Bath & Beyond when I had just started living on my own but once I had everything I needed I had no reason to ever go back

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
maybe have a housewarming party and throw on the puppy dog eyes as your guests sit on your milk crate furniture.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 29, 2024

Orio
May 16, 2022

Some Redditor posted:

Read this in the light of William Wallace just before battle:

Aye, we have dealt with massive FUD throughout the years. “SELL! SELL! REEEE!” People familiar with the matter have said.

Do I hear that my wife’s boyfriend wants to throw in the towel? (pun absolutely intended) Our relentless FUD war with the media & social media financed by MM/SHF has prepared us for this moment in history. This is OUR time. This battle has thickened our skin & have hardened our resolve.

The CH11 BK is our final test, the final battle in this long drawn out war. How committed are we to the cause? Do we want to see the hedge funds burn in Hell? Do we want to see people responsible for so much pain in our world to suffer the consequences of their own selfish actions?

Individually, this movement is much bigger than you or I. However, we have found a way to work together, to stand up against the FUD, stand up against MSM, family members, friends saying that we are all crayon eating apes. Yes, we have been mocked and yet we are still moving forward, together. This is one of the very few historical moments where we have set aside our differences in order to work together. We all come from different backgrounds whether it’s work, class, religion, race or creed & have rallied around something we all believe in. Not only that, but we have come together to laugh/enjoy in our gains & losses equally and have become individuals who are now far more wiser about the corrupt market system than we ever were before. We have come together to educate one another, to motivate on another & to help a fren when one is down.

Brother & sisters, I am hodling for our future. The only way I will stop is when the hedgies burn in glorious fashion. I don’t do this for the lambo (if it comes then great), I do this for the future of our world, for our people and the future of our children. If it means I lose it all, then so be it…. This is a war worth fighting & it’s been an absolute loving honor to fight this beside each one of you. I will die beside my fellow comrades and will never turn around to flee like my wife’s boyfriend, ever. We are witnessing the start of a new beginning, a new future.

This is our moment in history, frens. We will remember this for the rest of our lives.

Stay Zen you loving regards. We got this. My tits are 200% jacked & I love you all.

See you all on the moon.

Christ these people are dumb.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I found a youtube channel where a gambling addict scratches off lottery tickets he buys in bulk. The comments are full of other gambling addicts riding the contact high and talking about their strategies for bulk scratch offs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5xK2r2Ipgk

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

strategies for bulk scratch offs

:thunk:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

That poster has a lot of feelings about bed, bath, and beyond. That's... one hell of a thing.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I found a youtube channel where a gambling addict scratches off lottery tickets he buys in bulk. The comments are full of other gambling addicts riding the contact high and talking about their strategies for bulk scratch offs.

That’s not BWM, it’s just sad and depressing.

Like watching a drug addict shoot up or a drunk dive head first into a bottle.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

That’s not BWM, it’s just sad and depressing.

Like watching a drug addict shoot up or a drunk dive head first into a bottle.

The waters are so muddy because they're posting it on YouTube for content. For all we know they could make 0 in scratches, but cover the whole stack with ad revenue. 770k views.

e: "On average, a YouTuber earns around $0.018 for each view, which amounts to $18 for every 1,000 views."

https://influencermarketinghub.com/...%2C000%20views.

E2: it's really the people in the comments to be sad about.

itskage fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 23, 2023

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

itskage posted:

The waters are so muddy because they're posting it on YouTube for content. For all we know they could make 0 in scratches, but cover the whole stack with ad revenue. 770k views.

e: "On average, a YouTuber earns around $0.018 for each view, which amounts to $18 for every 1,000 views."

https://influencermarketinghub.com/...%2C000%20views.

That’s assuming the video gets monitized. No idea how gambling features into that but there’s a lot of poo poo that either gets you no ads or on the less lucrative ad tier.

Plus there’s some fucky poo poo with needing to net a certain number of views/subs before they pay out.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Yeah, gambling YouTube channels can be super lucrative. Even general Las Vegas tourism YouTubers will say their videos that are just them playing slots for an hour will be their best content in terms of views/revenue.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Fair points, but it's def vague stuff.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

This is absolutely sad, bad, and depressing but there's a small part of me that heartened by the fact that that is 'only' $300 worth of scratch offs in that video, I contrast that to the gacha game character rolling videos that are "blink and you'll miss that they just flushed $90 USD in less than a minute"

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
thats the thing about gambling: it scales infinitely. there are venture capitalists in silicon valley who made a quarter, a full billion dollars and blew it in vegas or macao

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

thats the thing about gambling: it scales infinitely. there are venture capitalists in the valley who made a quarter, a full billion dollars and blew it in vegas or macao

i would watch youtube videos of finance gammons getting hosed by the house to the tune of 6-digits or higher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Eight-Six posted:

i would watch youtube videos of finance gammons getting hosed by the house to the tune of 6-digits or higher

Try FinTok