Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the first casualty appears to be the 1975, as they've just announced to the line that it's sold out

they've also set up a separate display and fast checkout for people only here for that taylor swift record

this is the first time I've gone to RSD before like two pm

might as well have an adventure, you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

haven't bought much lately but decided to finally pull the trigger and buy one of my favorite pieces of music off disocgs

:discourse:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It's not vinyl but whatever you can get every Southern Lord issued Earth album for $1 a pop right now: https://twitter.com/TwatterLord/status/1649542430553964545

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

made it out, got everything on my "must" list apart from the streetcore reissue, which was sold out already. going to drive home and collapse now

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

one of the highlights of the experience, oddly enough, was being in line with hardcore swiftheads who were discovering the ups and downs of music fandom in real time

the pair that were two behind us in line to get in who, even though they announced they had plenty of copies of the new swift record, were still anxious that they might not be able to get one. welcome to record collecting.

the group behind us in line to check out, discussing having seen her last night in concert and discussing the art of writing setlists beyond "just playing the hits." welcome to an unhealthy obsession with comparing tour setlists and seeking out [strike]boots[/strike] [strike]RoIOs[/strike] whatever the gently caress we're calling them now.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Found all my RSD wants as well as my partners (tho that was just the Taylor Swift record and the orignal Folklore)

But more importantly an original in shrink Minnie Riperton ‘Come to My Garden’

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
What the hell is a RolOs

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
if my record store doesn't have the Poe release I'll be very disappointed

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

mutantIke posted:

if my record store doesn't have the Poe release I'll be very disappointed

If it had been "Haunted" I would have actually left my house today and gone out to Berkeley for RSD.

It wasn't so I'll just wait to see whats available online from the left overs tomorrow morning.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Went to the record store yesterday instead of today, and bought an Aphex Twin record like I'm some kind of Old. :P

I also got Megan thee Stallion, so perhaps not an Old. :colbert:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Hot diggity sent me. Got everything I wanted today aside from the Bowie 5x7" set. So many sad swifties.

This in the quote below may be much favorite.

iwentdoodie posted:

I literally just threw it on, and I am in love. I don't speak French but this is an absolute banger of an album so far. It sounds super modern, not aged like American pop of the same vintage (probably because I didn't grow up with it.)

https://youtu.be/lrFIGIdqDK4

First track on the A side.

Edit: album art sick af

Fe: also had to help push a dudes car and then Jumpstart it cause his battery died. Not a bad day.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I skipped out on RSD this year because the only releases I had a remote interest in was the Slum Village album and a Bruce Hornsby/Butcher Brown 12" single that I can't imagine more than like, a dozen people will ever have any interest in so I'll grab it for half off from discogs in like, a month.

Besides uh, I just got a couple of boxes from eBay so I've got plenty of music to get caught up on:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I swore I wasn't going to do it this year and then spent 200 anyway. I justified it because it's all poo poo I normally wouldn't find or listen to, aside from ODB. And already adding names onto my list for future buys, especially off Psyche France. Idk why but I love this entire album, not one miss.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I stood in line for three hours at Grimey's and I got:

The Cure - Show

Wilco - Crosseyed Strangers: An Alternate Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires - The Sound Emporium EP

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
they did not have the Poe release, or anything else I was looking for. didn't want to leave empty handed so I picked up the Nas release at a friend's recommendation as well as License to Ill (not RSD just didn't own it before)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

BigFactory posted:

What the hell is a RolOs

recording of indeterminate origin (pluralized)

it's a stupid phrase that's stuck in my mind from the year 2000 where a young me was getting regular Internet access for the first time and finding the phrase being used very haughtily (i.e., these are not bootlegs, you absolute moron, these are recordings blah blah blah) on a few websites where I was trying to download pink floyd concert tapes

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

iwentdoodie posted:

I swore I wasn't going to do it this year and then spent 200 anyway.

Which 3 did you get? :rimshot:

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I scored the Pearl Jam, broken social scene and Boris/sunno)))) got skunked on tswift, but found a half off copy of comus first utterance. So mostly a win.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

pwn posted:

Which 3 did you get? :rimshot:

Nuggets, behind the dykes 3, psyche france and return to 36 chambers.

4, bitchhhhhhhhh

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's not vinyl but whatever you can get every Southern Lord issued Earth album for $1 a pop right now: https://twitter.com/TwatterLord/status/1649542430553964545
I got most of these on vinyl but I wanna shout this out, this poo poo is a deal not to be slept on. Angel of Darkness Demons of Light 2 is an amazingly chill Wake Up, Smoke a Blunt and Drink Coffee record.

I made it to the record store at 11, four blocks worth of people and we still made it out in 90 minutes flat with my Residents and Crispin Glover records. :hellyeah:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 22, 2023

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Missed out on RSD since I live in Stamford now and the closest record store is in Fairfield (I'm working today). I should still be able to cop The Midnight's live disc.

Meanwhile, I'm only just inserting my collection into Discogs and I found out this loving record is selling for $350: https://www.discogs.com/release/2550098-Hurts-Happiness

Wtf I bought this new for $20 the hell kind of goldmine am I sitting on??

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Passed on RSD but bought this equalizer for forty bucks to add to my system. It matches my turntable which is an early nineties Technics. I'm pretty happy with how it sounds.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

caligulamprey posted:

I got most of these on vinyl but I wanna shout this out, this poo poo is a deal not to be slept on. Angel of Darkness Demons of Light 2 is an amazingly chill Wake Up, Smoke a Blunt and Drink Coffee record.

I made it to the record store at 11, four blocks worth of people and we still made it out in 90 minutes flat with my Residents and Crispin Glover records. :hellyeah:

I was surprised to see a copy of that Crispin Glover still on the shelf at four o'clock. Unfortunately no Macho Man. I do have a very, very good friend who snagged me a copy of Raphael Saadiq after I casually mentioned it. They also grabbed my wife the T-Swift which is funny because she mentioned sorta liking some stuff and now every time dude comes across an album in the wild he snags it for her. I believe we have the complete Swift discography at this point.

Oh yeah. Happy Earth Day.

And a couple glamour shots I took.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 23, 2023

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

I got up late and therefore rolled in the afternoon to RSD and got 3 things from it and 3 things from the dollar bins. Sparks was sold out by the time I was there, but I'm not too worried about it. Got the last copy of the Sword, mostly because it's annoying to find that band on vinyl, Behind the Dykes 3 is more of a completionist purchase, and Motorhead because I am a basic bitch who doesn't have many of their albums anyways. Though if the rest of the songs on Psyche France 8 are as good as what was posted, maybe I shouldn't have passed it up. I found Volume 6 very disappointing and am slightly worried that Behind the Dykes 3 was a waste as these psych comps are veering more and more into pop territory as they continue to mine out the gems, which isn't really my jam.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

This is beautiful!

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

sporklift posted:

I was surprised to see a copy of that Crispin Glover still on the shelf at four o'clock. Unfortunately no Macho Man. I do have a very, very good friend who snagged me a copy of Raphael Saadiq after I casually mentioned it. They also grabbed my wife the T-Swift which is funny because she mentioned sorta liking some stuff and now every time dude comes across an album in the wild he snags it for her. I believe we have the complete Swift discography at this point.

Oh yeah. Happy Earth Day.

And a couple glamour shots I took.

It's easy to be jealous of two turntables and a mixer, drat you.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

pwn posted:

It's easy to be jealous of two turntables and a mixer, drat you.

Scour craigslist/reverb/marketplace. People dump their setups all the time.

Read After Burning posted:

This is beautiful!

Thanks!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Yesssssssssssssss. It could use more Satan though. That's my default note for anything, really.

Feeling called out by this Residents record:

The lore behind this album was that the band was compiling a list for a Greatest Hits record, one of the members threw up all over the list, smearing the ink which muddled the list of songs into new titles. Considering the regurgitation as a pretty good theme, they jumped into the studio and started combining all the songs on the list into new compositions.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 24, 2023

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

RSD at my local store had a small line. Managed to snag The Residents and Sisters of Mercy; non-RSD stuff was a copy of B-52s' Mesopotamia, and from the outdoor $1 bargain bins a couple of Living Colour CDs (Vivid and Biscuits) and, inexplicably, a copy of Mechwarrior 2: Ghost Bear's Legacy expansion pack. Also had some coffee from the roaster across the street and a few cookies which were being handed out for free. Not too bad. I thought about picking up the Crispin Glover album, but I had enough already and the CDs will have to do for my C. Glover fix.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Turbinosamente posted:

I got up late and therefore rolled in the afternoon to RSD and got 3 things from it and 3 things from the dollar bins. Sparks was sold out by the time I was there, but I'm not too worried about it. Got the last copy of the Sword, mostly because it's annoying to find that band on vinyl, Behind the Dykes 3 is more of a completionist purchase, and Motorhead because I am a basic bitch who doesn't have many of their albums anyways. Though if the rest of the songs on Psyche France 8 are as good as what was posted, maybe I shouldn't have passed it up. I found Volume 6 very disappointing and am slightly worried that Behind the Dykes 3 was a waste as these psych comps are veering more and more into pop territory as they continue to mine out the gems, which isn't really my jam.

The Sparks album rereleases were "RSD first" so they'll be widely available soon enough. While the first two albums are nice, I wish they'd do a standard rerelease of Angst in My Pants already.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Shiftypenguin posted:

The Sparks album rereleases were "RSD first" so they'll be widely available soon enough. While the first two albums are nice, I wish they'd do a standard rerelease of Angst in My Pants already.

Exactly why I wasn't worried. And I tend towards their newer work anyways. Speaking of, they released their second single from their upcoming album today!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

two codes

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Listening to Carpenter's first Lost Themes (reissue on colored vinyl), which I got since it was on a deep discount at Two Headed Dog.

How the gently caress did I sleep on this for so long? This poo poo fuckin' rips... I mean I knew it would, but drat.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

dorium posted:

two codes

Thank you, I grabbed the Squid.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I can't wait for the new Squid album, even though the new tracks don't have much yelping.

I hope it was more of a "I don't want to repeat myself" decision and not a "the vocals were too polarizing" thing, 'cause that poo poo was my favorite part.

Shiftypenguin posted:

While the first two albums are nice, I wish they'd do a standard rerelease of Angst in My Pants already.
Angst is top tier. The first time I saw them the show ended and the crowd chanted SEXTOWN USA, which is the most correct thing to do.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

Listening to Carpenter's first Lost Themes (reissue on colored vinyl), which I got since it was on a deep discount at Two Headed Dog.

How the gently caress did I sleep on this for so long? This poo poo fuckin' rips... I mean I knew it would, but drat.

Lost Themes indeed rips. Lost Themes 2/3 are also really good.

Sadly the shop I was going to try and order a couple of the RSD releases from this morning were already sold out (the Death compilation and the Goblin disc) but that's okay because I ordered copies of "Leprosy" by Death and "Prowler in the Yard" from Relapse yesterday and this morning I poked around the Walmart site and snagged the exclusive red Kill Em All, Nirvana Unplugged, Face-lift, Prequelle by Ghost, and For Victory by Bolt Thrower, with Unplugged being the most expensive at $26 :v:

Walmart may be the devil but drat if they don't have good prices on records

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

joylessdivision posted:

"Prowler in the Yard"

gently caress yeah! :dance: Nice grab.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

A few sold out basically instantly, but LitA has some Tatsuro Yamashita (king of city pop!) represses:

https://lightintheattic.net/shelves/Tatsuro%20Yamashita

Bummed I missed For You, but I did snag Greatest Hits and Moonglow. :3: Fingers crossed that Circus Town will still be around on Monday when I get paid!

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

For those who were lamenting with me awhile back about the lack of reasonably priced copies of Fever to Tell by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404253976165

$34.35 with free shipping!

I was also able to snag a copy of the Raphael Saadiq RSD offering at retail, so I am a happy girl this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've had some game soundtracks on vinyl for a while and finally decided to actually get a turntable to actually play them on. Used to be the kind of person that said they wouldn't ever get a record player but it rules, really enjoying listening to music on this. Went to the local record store for record store day and managed to grab the Horse the Band release along with Alive 2007 from Daft Punk and Good Kid, M.A.A.D City.