Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Y'all just need to give radlers a try for the hot days. I don't mean fancy craft beer radler. I mean lager mixed with citrus soda or lemonade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

we don't have memorial days or 4th of julys in the uk

E: or coolers

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Warbird posted:

If the mountains are blue you know it’s ready :v:

it’s cold activated!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC9uqJUSE_I

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Glottis posted:

Germans are also generally way more ok with the idea of mixing beer with other stuff than Americans are

Don't forget the purity laws. You have to make sure the beer is really clean before you pour wine and cola and egg and jagermeister and worcestershire sauce and clamato into it.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Weren't the purity laws enacted because people were going buckwild putting poo poo like deadly nightshade in their beers, and people were actually dying from it?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ok can't handle a Shady IPA? weakling

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

we don't have memorial days or 4th of julys in the uk

E: or coolers

hosed up that you time warp straight from July third to July fifth, but understandable after what France did to you guys when they gave away your western colonies just to troll you

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Mister Speaker posted:

Weren't the purity laws enacted because people were going buckwild putting poo poo like deadly nightshade in their beers, and people were actually dying from it?

Sort of the opposite. Rich people using more expensive grains than barley that people would normally eat, and the monasteries holding monopolies on beer making via secret gruit recipes and stuff. Bavarian beer laws were more about maneuvering nobility/church politics and shaping the food supply via policy.

And I'm not kidding about how for the British loving Boston felt like a sunny paradise until the winter hit:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Killer robot posted:

Now in Thailand and a lot of Southeast Asia they really do serve beer with ice.

Same time this derail started I saw this from a Vietnamese woman living in Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLCMioI65Ac

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

freeedr posted:

hosed up that you time warp straight from July third to July fifth, but understandable after what France did to you guys when they gave away your western colonies just to troll you

the us took the fourth in the divorce and also all the coolers

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Yeah I get drinking good beer not at freezing but basically until White Claw and similar drinks came out a Coors Light that’s been sitting in ice is basically alcoholic water with a little fizz that’s great for getting a light buzz after you’ve done some yard work. And I don’t like White Claw so those beers are still what I drink for that purpose. But I guess if you live somewhere that you do all your yard work in 50F/10C then you don’t need that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Bum the Sad posted:

I don’t get it. Is the German mad Americans are taking ice out his beer? Do Germans put ice in beeer? WTF

Grogsicles are an affront to German beer purity laws (and all that that implies)

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Inzombiac posted:

Germans tend to serve beer closer to room temp, which is fine but most Americans want it practically frozen.

Yeah but we have refrigeration technology, we don’t put ice in it.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Not true. I've seen them chop off pieces of my sausage and fly away with it.

Also, at least for the Danish regular fuckers, what you want is to slowly move a knife onto them and cut them in half while they're sitting. No sudden moves before they're pinned.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

PainterofCrap posted:

Grogsicles are an affront to German beer purity laws (and all that that implies)

Are grogsicles when you mix up whatever random bottles and unfinished drinks you have and flash freeze them with liquid nitrogen?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

BonHair posted:

Not true. I've seen them chop off pieces of my sausage and fly away with it.

Also, at least for the Danish regular fuckers, what you want is to slowly move a knife onto them and cut them in half while they're sitting. No sudden moves before they're pinned.

You're a loving psychopath.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That just makes 'em angry, dude

and now there's two of them

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ponzicar posted:

Look at all you assholes pretending that a cold cheap beer grabbed from a plastic cooler during a Memorial Day weekend or 4th of July party isn't loving awesome. Is it a class thing? Maybe you all are trying too hard to look cultured?

There's different types of beer. The mild tasting ones are perfect for drinking in large quantities at parties and work as refreshment on a hot day. The dark, thick, artisanal stuff is best enjoyed slowly, at room temperature, either in a centuries old pub, or while sitting next to a suburban hipster dad talking about his homebrewing podcast.

remember when the UK was almost dissolved over an average US summer heatwave last year?

it's usually cold and damp over there so drinking cold beer is like eating ice cream in winter to them. They need to chew their warm drinks down with their standard diet of cigarette butts and gutter drizzlins

Rectal Death Adept has a new favorite as of 19:04 on Apr 23, 2023

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Karate Bastard posted:

Don't forget the purity laws. You have to make sure the beer is really clean before you pour wine and cola and egg and jagermeister and worcestershire sauce and clamato into it.

generally a poor choice to bring up German purity laws in the meme thread

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

BonHair posted:

Are grogsicles when you mix up whatever random bottles and unfinished drinks you have and flash freeze them with liquid nitrogen?

It’s when you ice your beer

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

tight aspirations posted:

You're a loving psychopath.

wait till you find out that people squish mosquitos

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Smirnoff ice with ice is the only masculine drink left that hasn’t been poisoned by librul wokism

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This kills stingity D:

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

wait till you find out that people squish mosquitos

There's a difference between what would likely instantly kill an insect which could potentially cause a serious and long-term disease, and cutting a harmless insect in half leaving it to agonisingly die over a potentially long time frame.

I'm sorry that isn't immediately clear to you.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Yellow jackets are very overconfident fighters. They will always present an opportunity to slap them to the ground and stomp them while they are dazed.

You are bigger than them. Believe in yourself and you will WIN.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's a sliding scale between stepping on ants and toasting them with a magnifying glass, and slowly bringing down a knife to trap a wasp and saw it in half is absolutely on the magnifying glass end

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

There's a difference between what would likely instantly kill an insect which could potentially cause a serious and long-term disease, and cutting a harmless insect in half leaving it to agonisingly die over a potentially long time frame.

Wasps aren't harmless, they gently caress up everything and bees could do better without them.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Guillermus posted:

Wasps aren't harmless, they gently caress up everything and bees could do better without them.

You may wish to cite some sources on that.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

watch out we got a wasp hugger over here

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

CopperHound posted:

Y'all just need to give radlers a try for the hot days. I don't mean fancy craft beer radler. I mean lager mixed with citrus soda or lemonade.

I thought those were called shandies.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Indecisive posted:

watch out we got a wasp hugger over here

I just try to respect biological life in all it's forms. I'm sorry if this is an alien concept to you.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
'Cutting bugs in half slowly' is definitely somewhere up the gradient from 'slapping a mosquito', in terms of sadism. It's certainly nowhere near 'drowning cats in a bag' but it might be a stop on that journey.

But who am I to talk? I've used chemical weapons on hundreds if not thousands of ground wasps. I'm sad now. :(

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Guillermus posted:

You’re confused. You’re talking about WASPs, which do gently caress up everything. They are talking about wasps, the highly beneficial and important animal

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just don't use that method when attacked by a worm.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Glottis posted:

Germans are also generally way more ok with the idea of mixing beer with other stuff than Americans are

When I was a teen I went to Germany and got blasted on Raddlers (cold, light beer mixed with Sprite or sometimes lemonade) and let me tell you, they were delicious and made it much easier to drink enthusiastically while controlling the buzz zone.

I hate hot weather but that was a riot.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

chainchompz posted:

I thought those were called shandies.

Yeah, shandies are all over the place in the US, and these beer smoothie things are starting to gain favor (I’ve loved the ones I’ve had, but I sort of feel like they’re homeopathic medicine beer; aka a drop of lager is added to each keg of fruit slurry. By the same logic my kitchen counter is temporarily beer whenever I over-pour).

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Guillermus posted:

Without wasps there'd be no marmalade. Bees make honey, wasps make marmalade. Everyone knows that.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

'Cutting bugs in half slowly' is definitely somewhere up the gradient from 'slapping a mosquito', in terms of sadism. It's certainly nowhere near 'drowning cats in a bag' but it might be a stop on that journey.

But who am I to talk? I've used chemical weapons on hundreds if not thousands of ground wasps. I'm sad now. :(

Woah, you do the actual cutting fast, you just make sure not to spook it while moving in. You can even squash it afterwards with no risk. Way better than those traps where they slowly drown in sugar water, both ethically and dinner enjoyment wise. If that makes me a psychopath, so be it. I think killing aggressive venomous insects is acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Glottis posted:

Beer cocktails fukkin rule and it’s a shame they can be so hard to get. Black and Tans are great. I love a good Diesel.