Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm gonna gently caress 23 and Me's poo poo up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rarity posted:

I started as an Archer and even though I'm levelling everything I still consider Bard my primary class :hai:

:hai:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the dark and forbidden secrets of Fire 4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought it was cool in the later expansions there are some job specific bits of dialog in the MSQ (well I know there are a few lines for healers at least but idk if there's anything for bard)

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

yeah at 50 (or a bit before there, somewhere in the 30s?) The BLM rotation is fire spam until you get a proc, then fire 3

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha you ever come back to a game you haven't played after a while and wondered why you keep loving up the controls and shortcuts? I thought all the MegaMan I'd been playing lately hosed me up and I kept trying to use the D Pad in My Time at Sandrock. And it doesn't work there even in menus.

It was when I reached for the number row with my left hand while still awkwardly holding playstation controller I realized I had just always played the game with KBM. I'm not sure controller was even an option last time I played or if I just hadn't tried. Now I don't know what to use, devs should always tell me what real Yakuza use.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

black mage is funny as, the diametric opposite of bard. brd has extreme mobility, except for the dark Bowmage era, and varyingly through the years has had a more or less open ended rotation, where a good blm passionately, does not want to move ever so they can hit their buttons, and learns in every fight, the place to stand that requires them to move the least. and that's even before they get the button that draws a magic circle on the floor, that increases their damage as long as they stand in it

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Black Mage is cool as hell because it requires a smidge more planning and precision than other classes, which makes you feel like a rocket surgeon as far as ff14 players go, and in exchange you get attacks so strong they visibly dent health bars

i haven't played in so long though. god, i already forgot all the baroque rotations you get thrown into in leveling roulette

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
BLM is the hardest class in the game.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

doesn't help that ranchers and other conspiracy-minded folk work against you at the drop of a hat
yes I know that's the wrong BLM, I don't care

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

catgirlgenius posted:

...you get attacks so strong they visibly dent health bars

This is the best part of blm

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Khanstant posted:

Haha you ever come back to a game you haven't played after a while and wondered why you keep loving up the controls and shortcuts? I thought all the MegaMan I'd been playing lately hosed me up and I kept trying to use the D Pad in My Time at Sandrock. And it doesn't work there even in menus.

It was when I reached for the number row with my left hand while still awkwardly holding playstation controller I realized I had just always played the game with KBM. I'm not sure controller was even an option last time I played or if I just hadn't tried. Now I don't know what to use, devs should always tell me what real Yakuza use.

I'm constantly changing between Switch and the Deck and the A/B change is infuriating for the first five minutes either way. I don't want to rebind though, I want to learn how to do it, but I fear I am finally too ancient for this.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the Portopia NLP showcase is going well

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

I will support you

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The 7th Guest posted:

have you tried focusing on the task at hand

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The 7th Guest posted:

it's amazing how they marketed this as the evolution of adventure games but it turns out its even more restrictive than those and you have to guess the specific words that work for commands, according to reviews

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gotta admit it 100% captures that old-school adventure game vibe.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The best part of text parsers is typing in rude words/commands and having the game say "I'm too embarassed to do that" "If you don't behave I'll quit the adventure right here", AIs just say some boring bullshit about my license prevents me from blah blah blah

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Good heavens! They certainly didn't teach you THAT at cotillion! :monocle:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If you type 'gently caress you' twice into You Don't Know Jack gibberish question answers, the host gets furious and ragequits

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I used to play text adventures on the ZX Spectrum that had better and more flexible text parsing than that.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Gotta admit it 100% captures that old-school adventure game vibe.
I don't think if parsers have ever been this bad. maybe like, lovely second rate ones, but infocom games no way. and modern if blows this poo poo out of the water without having to download a 10gb nn

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Black Mage is wonderful, but yeah sleep is a requirement for solo quests that love to throw multiple enemies your way.

I have never used sleep

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I use sleep on myself whenever I hear anything about FFXIV

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

The 7th Guest posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2280000/SQUARE_ENIX_AI_Tech_Preview_THE_PORTOPIA_SERIAL_MURDER_CASE/

11% positive reviews for a free game, loving lmao

What's worse is that the few positive reviews being displayed are all sarcastic

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hatty posted:

:mods:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pwnstar posted:

The best part of text parsers is typing in rude words/commands and having the game say "I'm too embarassed to do that" "If you don't behave I'll quit the adventure right here", AIs just say some boring bullshit about my license prevents me from blah blah blah

I don't know how to pooop fart.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

nn stands for non-functioning network here

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The most missed opportunity on that AI game is (original game spoilers) being able to arrest your assistant on the first action cause Yasu is the culprit.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

hatty posted:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

HopperUK posted:

I'm constantly changing between Switch and the Deck and the A/B change is infuriating for the first five minutes either way. I don't want to rebind though, I want to learn how to do it, but I fear I am finally too ancient for this.

At one point I was playing a Switch game with an Xbox controller pretending to be pro controller and then had to switch to a PlayStation controller bc of Xbox drift, and I'd be fine in game with muscle memory and then constantly gently caress up the menus pressing the wrong switch button translated into Xbox button translated into my playstation controller -- on top of playing another game that had normal playstation support but had the more Japanese style placements for "confirm/cancel" buttons.

My monkey's paw wish is for it to be standard for game start screens to feature the playable character in some neutral space where you can reorient yourself with the controls or goof around and attack the letters in the right way to unlock a fun cheats menu.

The monkey paw curse is that the people who install things to remove intro videos and opening logos will be really upset their computers have to load the game start screen. Also lots of posts of people who can play the games but have a weird motherboard-specific crash for the game start screen that prevents them from playing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would like Famicom Detective Club 3 instead of whatever this AI thing is please

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I never have problems going between switch/ps because the button names are completely different but going between xbox/switch fucks me up. the solution is that Xbox should use different button names from the other two consoles. bring back OUYA

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Microsoft got lazy and just stole Segas layout. They should’ve made their own symbols

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Should be standardized symbols along with standardized input ports and all that but companies were really scared they would have to compete and make good products instead of just gently caress people over with garbage so they bribed the government to make us live in proprietary hell

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

has anybody called the new Horizon DLC "Boring Chore" yet?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Has anyone even noticed that Horizon has new DLC yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
All I've heard is that Aloy smooches a girl or something