Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Wikipedia on Mormonism in Finland posted:

Between 1948 and 1955, the Mormon Church microfilmed the church records of Finnish Evangelical Lutheran and Orthodox congregations back to 1860. The recording covered about 20 million pages.

Gotta admit that's an admirable feat for such a minuscule cult here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010
the "find a celebrity posting that they dont want the mark and check the replies" method for finding blue checks to block is already paying dividends. I'm seeing "this tweet is from an account you blocked" a bunch on threads I never visited before!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

the "find a celebrity posting that they dont want the mark and check the replies" method for finding blue checks to block is already paying dividends. I'm seeing "this tweet is from an account you blocked" a bunch on threads I never visited before!

You could just not use Twitter

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
https://twitter.com/pfal/status/1649908300366897158

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/ThomasSvoboda3/status/1650026558617165827

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

svoboda’s followr count. Yikes. and retweets of how little blue cjeck matters. yikes.

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

ben shapino posted:

You could just not use Twitter

oh, I don't usually interact with these types of people on twitter. I mostly just follow artists and my friends. but as I said in a previous post I'm finding the process of mass blocking people who are very desperate for attention quite satisfying

my prediction: after enough prominent people grumble enough, elon will change the wording of the "twitter blue" description to merely IMPLY that the user voluntarily subscribed. Like "this user is verified because they HAVE a twitter blue account! click HERE to subscribe!"

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Elon finding any avenue possible to get government money

edit: Christ it reminds me of back when I read the freep thread and we'd follow their donation drives where they would scam fellow old folks out of their social security payments by pretending the website needed to bring in $400K a year or else it would have to shut down when anyone will a hair of technical knowledge could guess they weren't spending more than like $300/no max to keep the servers running

Like what the gently caress does he think that $8 is actually buying?

text editor has issued a correction as of 19:48 on Apr 23, 2023

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

16 followers. 8 American flags as a profile. Nearly 1% of his monthly income given to a piece of poo poo. Like people are right, someone walking on a banana, slipping and dying is the greatest joke. I just wasn't expecting half a goddamn country.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
lol that maybe he didn't actually make money on the pissmarks either

https://twitter.com/teganandsara/status/1650201188728705024

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Did they unironically literally think that the blue check mark will get them followers and fame? Holy loving poo poo that Svoboda guy is sad.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Vahakyla posted:

Did they unironically literally think that the blue check mark will get them followers and fame? Holy loving poo poo that Svoboda guy is sad.

the blue czech mark

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
this is a huge success for twitter, even with the rapid disassembly

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Vahakyla posted:

In the same way Elon though taking steroids would make him ripped

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

elon must be learning so much from
this product roll out.

Just like how he ruined hundreds of millions of dollars on his rocket destroying the launchpad and itself thanks to his nonstop terrible management decisions. Nobody has ever done this before, you have to learn to walk before you run.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

They interpret famous and successful people having the check mark as the check mark making people famous and successful. They have been taught that by brands since they are children. Clearly they should be able to buy the check mark and people not allowing them to do so are trying to ruin them. :suicide: It's a cargo cult.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/pfal/status/1649909194114433025

so the launch mount is still standing and looks sorta superficially intact, but it can't really be of any further use, right? this is a situation where you have to raze everything down to the dirt and start over?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

500 good dogs posted:

I'm convinced he doesn't actually pay for other peoples' checkmarks. He just opens a pop-up window, adds the checkmark and then goes on.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Vahakyla posted:

a bunch of them feel like Elon is Taking A Stand in a World Gone Woke Mad and their paying of $8 supports this endeavor. apparently. their check is…a virtue signal, so to speak

others think it’s funny that those hoity toity celebrities think the blue check mark is degrading, and punishing your ideological enemies, those stuck up elites, by doing things they don’t want done to them is great fun

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I'm convinced he doesn't actually pay for other peoples' checkmarks. He just opens a pop-up window, adds the checkmark and then goes on.

oh for sure, I think most people would agree that saying he's buying them is a shortcut phrase for what you said

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

If i were a modern day iron man i’d make my social
media companies profitable and have launch pads that are reusable
and don’t blow up my rockets but i guess that’s why i’m not a billionaire.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Charging $1000 a month for news and government to have a gold star is still the funniest thing of Musk's Twitter. And he's just going to give conspiracy weirdos that gold star for free.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

100% what he did. He won't pay rent or unemployment, there's no way he actually paid to troll.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Iron Man movie scene where he's flying around and suddenly his rocket boots or whatever cut out and he plummets to the ground and explodes.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
anything funny happen today

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/sadvil/status/1650152930408906753?s=20

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Right now jeff bezos is on billionaire island doing poo poo too depraved for the darker parts of the warhammer 40k universe. There are no good billionaires but he may be the only smart one.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

thats right chatgrpt

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Palladium posted:

wait isn't heero the guy who keeps blowing up his own gundams

https://i.imgur.com/VrTxZO0.gifv

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

IMO they should crew the Starships with top blue check posters, as a treat.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

deathbysnusnu posted:

Right now jeff bezos is on billionaire island doing poo poo too depraved for the darker parts of the warhammer 40k universe. There are no good billionaires but he may be the only smart one.

He won the dick waving space race.
There's nothing now a billionaire can glory steal now apart from being first immortal.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

500 good dogs posted:

I remember a Savage Love column from way, way back where a woman in college wrote in because she thought of herself as straight but had a massive crush on Teegan and wanted help navigating her newfound bisexuality. Dan was nice enough to reach out to Teegan to have her answer the letter and it was :3:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

“No highly esteemed dead is commemorated here… nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.”

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
idk if I'd hang out on a dirt field that was recently hosed down with rocket fuel

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

I'm no science genius but I wouldn't be wandering around where a Musk Rocket took off and left unknown particulates

Zeroisanumber posted:

idk if I'd hang out on a dirt field that was recently hosed down with rocket fuel

LegoMan has issued a correction as of 21:15 on Apr 23, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
boer particule

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
whoops

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009