Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
wp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Dandywalken posted:

S+ is an S+, gj. What weapons did you primarily use?

i had previously done a S PRO run so I already had the sweeper+armor ashley which made things way more managable. did every available request so i'd have the spinels for the unlimited ammo for sweeper by chapter 7. honestly, the only hard part is the village. i basically alternated between the pump and the sweeper for stunning enemies, amd i'd use the sg09/knife for kills until later upgrading to red9 for el gigante/cabin/bella sisters

panic saved before saddler because i thought i'd miss with the rocket lol smh. should have been 14 saves

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

basically, doing this run without the sweeper would be like 3 million times more impressive

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dongicus posted:

panic saved before saddler because i thought i'd miss with the rocket lol smh. should have been 14 saves

weak poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
(dies 100 times to the mine cart minigame) what a bunch of cacadookie bumblefuck nonsense

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

cba fighting krauser + all the mike section because i missed the rocket before ada's dog dick rocket launcher. gently caress you bitch. can't wait to destroy you at the next ppv

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

(dies 100 times to the mine cart minigame) what a bunch of cacadookie bumblefuck nonsense

ive got the no damage achievement for that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dongicus posted:

ive got the no damage achievement for that

so do i lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
this actually would destroy butthead

https://clips.twitch.tv/TriangularDifferentChowderHeyGirl-uop42JiJMB5dpLQH

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
something about speedrunning resident evil games leads to me dying to the stupidest poo poo i never die to like the boulder in REmake or the crusher in code veronica

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

HopperUK posted:

It didn't really seem perma-worthy, but I was young then, it was, oh, months ago

Big 'that Minecraft fairy torture guy' energy though.

I will say that Rimworld appears to be a successor to Dwarf Fortress, a game of insane possibilities to an extent how some runs will literally require you to carefully manage the levels of cannibalism occuring to avoid raising or lowering the population too much and that's for an unmodded game.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

something about speedrunning resident evil games leads to me dying to the stupidest poo poo i never die to like the boulder in REmake or the crusher in code veronica

i swear i died like 10 times to the salazer qte statue lol. does pro affect qtes or skill isue

lmfao i did nothing but this and two perfect dodges

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i got poisoned by one of the stupid snakes in the courtyard in REmake and died to a zombie before i could get a blue herb on my invisible enemies run lmao

Dongicus posted:

i swear i died like 10 times to the salazer qte statue lol. does pro affect qtes or skill isue

pro definitely makes the timing for qtes sharper

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Joey McChrist posted:

i got poisoned by one of the stupid snakes in the courtyard in REmake and died to a zombie before i could get a blue herb on my invisible enemies run lmao

pwned lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

r/everydaycarry lol

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Dongicus posted:

r/everydaycarry lol

You better be able to sit down and read the whole book within the game

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

pentyne posted:

I will say that Rimworld appears to be a successor to Dwarf Fortress, a game of insane possibilities to an extent how some runs will literally require you to carefully manage the levels of cannibalism occuring to avoid raising or lowering the population too much and that's for an unmodded game.

Rinworld owns and the horrific poo poo you can do even in the base game is somewhat hidden behind the simplistic graphics, but yeah, you can play it as a cannibalistic warcrime simulator if you choose to. The last two DLCs introduced religion/ideologies and children which only make things (potentially) worse.

That said, the community and modding scene is surprisingly well behaved. You've got the outliers as with any other scene, but it's no worse than say fallout or minecraft or whatever. You really have to go looking for the truly depraved poo poo and put in the effort to make the game that way. Overall it's a scifi colony sim with systems for slavery, cannibalism and things like operations and poo poo, so yeah, you can enslave your enemies, harvest their organs to sell for profit and eat the the leftover if you choose to, but that's in no way the focus of the game and you have to go out of your way to play the game like that.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

r/everydaycarry lol

Lol

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Taeke posted:

Rinworld owns and the horrific poo poo you can do even in the base game is somewhat hidden behind the simplistic graphics, but yeah, you can play it as a cannibalistic warcrime simulator if you choose to. The last two DLCs introduced religion/ideologies and children which only make things (potentially) worse.

That said, the community and modding scene is surprisingly well behaved. You've got the outliers as with any other scene, but it's no worse than say fallout or minecraft or whatever. You really have to go looking for the truly depraved poo poo and put in the effort to make the game that way. Overall it's a scifi colony sim with systems for slavery, cannibalism and things like operations and poo poo, so yeah, you can enslave your enemies, harvest their organs to sell for profit and eat the the leftover if you choose to, but that's in no way the focus of the game and you have to go out of your way to play the game like that.

i am getting heavy “grognard sexual assault mechanics in my table top rpg” vibes from the rimworld discussion, tbh, and iMm not sure that’s an uncharitable or very charitable reading of the game.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i am getting heavy “grognard sexual assault mechanics in my table top rpg” vibes from the rimworld discussion, tbh, and iMm not sure that’s an uncharitable or very charitable reading of the game.

This guy heavily modded the game, so no, horrible alien penis implantations aren't a part of Rimworld.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its dwarf fortress but with stupid space colonists instead of stupid dwarves

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

NoiseAnnoys posted:

there are more hosed up stories about what people have done with dwarf fortress. the rimworld guy isn't a hosed up dude in that way any more than the dwarf fortress guys are. way back when rimworld was still in alpha or beta i swear he used to post in its thread on SA? anyway the base game is not gross hosed up like that. the baseline fuckedupness level is below crusader kings or kenshi

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i liek to play rimworld where i build a nice colony for my colonists to live and be happy in

or in other words i guess there are mechanics to do insanely depraved poo poo in but it's not part of the core gameplay or something that you need to engage with if you don't want to

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
it's no riven, the sequel to myst

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think i only did one surgery in rimworld and it was to try to take out a colonists tumor. didnt work though :(

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
so i do surgery on him and he dies from heart failure? what a beginners trap!

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

sweet geek swag posted:

This guy heavily modded the game, so no, horrible alien penis implantations aren't a part of Rimworld.

i suppose that is a bit of a relief, sure.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

it's no riven, the sequel to myst

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
clicking the YT videos for the IZWF has convinced my youtube algorithm I want to watch extremely low view video game wrestling videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26gzzwG169I

top comment

quote:

Mimi
5 hours ago
is it possible that you could do more ball usting forcused videos 😅 theyre amazing and i think other ppl agree w me

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
izwf needs more bull busting content

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I was one away, I needed a bamboo 1 to get a Pure Thirteen Orphans hand

And then the guy next to me Tsumo'd with loving all simples and nothing else

My entire body is flooded with cortisol right now

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

All simples comes for us all.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Danaru posted:

I was one away, I needed a bamboo 1 to get a Pure Thirteen Orphans hand

And then the guy next to me Tsumo'd with loving all simples and nothing else

My entire body is flooded with cortisol right now

I've gotten 13O one time ever and when I did it flashed with glowing rainbows and poo poo

Never let go of the dream

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

One of the first times I played Mahjong in Yakuza 7 I discarded some bamboo tile that I didn't need because it wasn't connected to anything useful. Next turn I draw another copy of it, get slightly annoyed because it could have been useful if I kept the first one but now it's just as useless as the last one so discard it. Next turn I draw another one, pitch it in anger. Next turn I draw the fourth and pitch it and get Roned off it. I'm amazed I ever touched Mahjong again after that.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Akett posted:

One of the first times I played Mahjong in Yakuza 7 I discarded some bamboo tile that I didn't need because it wasn't connected to anything useful. Next turn I draw another copy of it, get slightly annoyed because it could have been useful if I kept the first one but now it's just as useless as the last one so discard it. Next turn I draw another one, pitch it in anger. Next turn I draw the fourth and pitch it and get Roned off it. I'm amazed I ever touched Mahjong again after that.

lmao owned

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Akett posted:

:dudsmile:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Whoever recommended Parh of Exile, you’re a jerk (also thank you).

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Whoever recommended Parh of Exile, you’re a jerk (also thank you).

lol I put like 90 hours in already, only started when it was recommended here....Made a 6L chest with only 20 orbs and a friend gave me a 6L bow and I've been beast moding maps.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

..Made a 6L chest with only 20 orbs

Wow, lucky af. Don't get used to that lol