Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
shoutout to my Warlock opponent who didn’t realise that playing the Jailer meant I could bypass their big wall of taunts for lethal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Maybe I should have outplayed my opponent, but having them cast 5 frostwyrm's furies in a row while they're at 4 hp and I have a full board of giant dudes is a little tilting.

Anyway, Kangor pally is fun regardless.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Not sure what BBB DK can even do vs a Tony druid who turbos through their deck and goes anub tony jailer

Soulstealer to clear Tony gives you back an empty deck, meanwhile the druid is pounding your face in with a buffed hero power and an invincible board if you don't soulstealer

At least druid loses to aggro? I think? Maybe?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How does Tony Druid work?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Beasteh posted:

Not sure what BBB DK can even do vs a Tony druid who turbos through their deck and goes anub tony jailer

Soulstealer to clear Tony gives you back an empty deck, meanwhile the druid is pounding your face in with a buffed hero power and an invincible board if you don't soulstealer

Dirty Rat, Patchwerk, Theotar

Though as the druid, if I have a combo piece in hand I just keep my hand full with the other minions like the 1 and 2 drops. If the DK hits Jailer, Tony or Anub though, it's kinda over

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Doji Sekushi posted:

Maybe I should have outplayed my opponent, but having them cast 5 frostwyrm's furies in a row while they're at 4 hp and I have a full board of giant dudes is a little tilting.

Anyway, Kangor pally is fun regardless.

They really need to make Frostwyrm's Fury "Deal 5 Damage, Freeze 5 Enemy Minions, and summon a 5/5 Frostwyrm"

It locking out the entire board is a little much.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How does Tony Druid work?

you ramp up your mana / draw through your deck, while pumping up your hero power with the new minions

you make sure you have / can get 5 armor (Chitinous Plating, buffed hero power, etc)

you play Anub'rehkan which makes your next 3 minions cost armor instead of mana, and grants 8 armor to work with

you play Tony for 5 armor, which swaps the decks

you play Jailer for 10 armor, which deletes your (the opponent's, since you've swapped) deck and makes all of your minions immune forever

That's the bare bones. At that point if the opponent clears the Immune minions, you will get your deck back and they get the empty deck and start taking fatigue on draw. If they don't or can't, you smack them with an immune 10/10 and 4/6 every turn

If you have more armor on the pop-off turn, you can also play Starfish and silence the board, which immediately swap the decks back but keeps your minions Immune

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 23, 2023

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Tempted to tweak all my decks to include some kinda of silence option through E.T.C. because Kangor -> Flesh Behemoth -> Thaddius is just stupid

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Excelzior posted:

you ramp up your mana / draw through your deck, while pumping up your hero power with the new minions

you make sure you have / can get 5 armor (Chitinous Plating, buffed hero power, etc)

you play Anub'rehkan which makes your next 3 minions cost armor instead of mana, and grants 8 armor to work with

you play Tony for 5 armor, which swaps the decks

you play Jailer for 10 armor, which deletes your (the opponent's, since you've swapped) deck and makes all of your minions immune forever

That's the bare bones. At that point if the opponent clears the Immune minions, you will get your deck back and they get the empty deck and start taking fatigue on draw. If they don't or can't, you smack them with an immune 10/10 and 4/6 every turn

If you have more armor on the pop-off turn, you can also play Starfish and silence the board, which immediately swap the decks back but keeps your minions Immune

The other, even simpler way to do things is just Play Jailer, Play Tony (can even be in consecutive turns) if you're playing against an opponent who can't clear an immune board it leaves them having to race you with what's in their hand.

Jailer followed up by Mosher as a full board wipe is also a pretty common play - Attorney at Maw can even enable this pre-jailer.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
If you are ever in a mirror, Jailer on his own is just auto wins vs Druid. They cannot kill it and your perma immune Moshers can kill Zok 4/36 taunts with ease.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Tony druids don’t normally gently caress around with brewmasters right? I just wiped the floor with a very silly one.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I love wild quest druid, that's all.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Color Printer posted:

Tempted to tweak all my decks to include some kinda of silence option through E.T.C. because Kangor -> Flesh Behemoth -> Thaddius is just stupid

Do you see Kangor often? I think I have only seen it once early on. It was a hard loss, but I never saw it again while hanging in my low platinum bubble collecting achievements.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Beasteh posted:

Can they play the 'delete a minion from hand and deck' card? That would have a high chance of breaking a Tony druid as you need 3 minions to pop the combo and then ideally a few more to play after the board gets wiped.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Man I played Undead Priest a ton last season and really didn't think it would be playable with Attendant rotating but I was completely wrong. Still can slide under a lot of the slower decks.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I’m sure I’ve said this before but roping + passing turn 1 should be an automatic loss

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Julio Cruz posted:

I’m sure I’ve said this before but roping + passing turn 1 should be an automatic loss

The first turn rope is like 30 seconds

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Julio Cruz posted:

I end up roping turn one a lot because the mobile client crashes. Sometimes I also forget to hit the end turn button.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Firebert posted:

If you are ever in a mirror, Jailer on his own is just auto wins vs Druid. They cannot kill it and your perma immune Moshers can kill Zok 4/36 taunts with ease.

Sometimes if I have a bit of a board that the opponent hasn't cleared (Anub, Zok + taunts, Underking, a leftover Mosher...) you just Tony as a tempo play. If they haven't cleared it outright it by then, they're stuck trying to delay your board or use resources to kill your Tony, and your deck isn't going to help their draws.

Did that vs. a mage earlier and drew a Pyroblast with Tony's finale, went right into the mage's face the next turn for lethal.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Has anyone else found battlegrounds to be really stingy lately?
Like being the only person playing a tribe, rushing 6 and never finding a 6 drop from that tribe? Or never getting a golden copy of a core piece for your build?

Like it always sucks to get squeezed out of the pieces you need to pop off but usually there's at least other players chasing those pieces.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Had my first 9-win arena run yesterday! Deck was Death Knight.

1x (1) Dredger Staff
1x (1) Heart Strike
1x (1) Noxious Cadaver
1x (2) Audio Medic
1x (2) Necrotic Mortician
2x (2) Plague Strike
3x (2) Unholy Frenzy
1x (2) Vicious Bloodworm
1x (3) Arcanite Ripper
1x (3) Blightfang
2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
1x (3) Darkfallen Shadow
1x (3) Rowdy Fan
1x (3) Ymirjar Deathbringer
1x (4) Coilfang Constrictor
2x (4) Construct Quarter
1x (4) Nerubian Swarmguard
1x (4) School Teacher
1x (5) Army of the Dead
2x (5) Corpse Bride
1x (5) Gangplank Diver
1x (5) Infectious Ghoul
1x (6) Gnome Muncher
1x (7) Patchwerk

Felt mostly effortless. Loads of removal and ways to keep minions on the board. Three losses came to two other Death Knights and, out of nowhere, a Shaman.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Math You posted:

Has anyone else found battlegrounds to be really stingy lately?
Like being the only person playing a tribe, rushing 6 and never finding a 6 drop from that tribe? Or never getting a golden copy of a core piece for your build?

Like it always sucks to get squeezed out of the pieces you need to pop off but usually there's at least other players chasing those pieces.

Yeah, even the pros have been getting really pissy about this buddy meta (I hang out on the competitive discord). The minion pool is the most bloated it's ever been, especially at T6, so you have even less of a chance to hit the card you want, the highrolls have gotten dramatically higher, and buddy play patterns make a lot of heroes nonviable at higher levels.

Like, if you don't have scaling online by turn *6*, you're probably looking at 5th place at best. At least on NA, battlegrounds is extremely hostile to anyone who can't find/isn't playing tempo.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The Lord Bude posted:

I also think that totem shaman is Better vs blood DK than the current stats suggest. The original list VS posted had a weird murloc package with clownfish which has been dropped in favour of bloodlust and ancestral knowledge and IMO that makes the deck much better vs blood. I’ve been able to do pretty well vs blood DK with my totem shaman.

I really struggle with totem shaman against blood DK. Feels like I'm just walking into board clear after board clear.

Really hoping blood DK gets a solid nerf real soon.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I really struggle with totem shaman against blood DK. Feels like I'm just walking into board clear after board clear.

Really hoping blood DK gets a solid nerf real soon.

Blood can’t clear your board till turn 5, and you can win by then. Plus they don’t always actually have their removal on turn 5.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The Lord Bude posted:

Blood can’t clear your board till turn 5, and you can win by then. Plus they don’t always actually have their removal on turn 5.

Yeah you need a decent luck to burn them down quick otherwise you get caught in an awful slog. It's the kind of matchup I really don't enjoy.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Buddies (and quests to a lesser degree) would be fun for a short period of time but I hate them being around for so long, they completely ruin the game. The only two times I have quit battlegrounds have been during buddies.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I keep finding myself going back to just playing pure paladin. The original list from the launch of the expansion that’s focused around silver hand recruits, not the newer one that’s more divine shield oriented.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

patch thursday. warrior obviously needs the help but i'm not sure Power Slider in particular was below par

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

peer posted:

patch thursday. warrior obviously needs the help but i'm not sure Power Slider in particular was below par

probably just making it baseline 1/3 like the equivalent Rogue minion is

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it's funny to me that they're not even buffing ALL of the riffs, just the cheapest and the payoff

also lmao Shield Block, that'll get Control warrior back

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Kiri buff is exciting, fun card but way too understatted to run

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
I like how there's just the Death Knight icon for nerfs

I hope it's a change to how they discover cards because like I said in a previous post, they should not have good access to discover when their cards are about powerful effects that can't be in the same deck

EDIT: https://twitter.com/hsdecktech/status/1650908971916759041?s=46&t=gOYyK8X5XayDtYCO0ogitQ

oh please oh please oh please

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Im not sure how they're going to achieve that

if you restrict DKs to discovering from their rune pool, you make them incredibly consistent given that you will discover from 1/3 or less of an already tiny pool of cards

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I could get behind making them unable to Discover certain specific cards (3 rune cards? Scourge?)

e : I really feel like it's going to be "can't discover triple rune cards"

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Maybe a mana tax? If you're triple blood and discover a frost card, it costs 1 more?

Restricting it to just your rune loadout would be awful, I agree, but there are surely other ways of nerfing it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

While I like the idea of a tax, it's not in line with their previous changes; they've shown a willingness to simply exclude cards from the Discover pool (like C.N.E. or Bounce Around ft. Garona) because you won't "expect" specific cards from a fundamentally random mechanic like Discover, but an invisible, conditional tax would be too disruptive

so I would like that, but I don't expect it.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
They never should have printed such narrow range discover cards in the first place.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

What are the other cards getting a nerf?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

What are the other cards getting a nerf?

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

No… my precious blood death knight… I loved playing that deck